Danny Welbeck frozen out?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Danny Welbeck frozen out

Post by g88ner »

Danny seems a decent lad. I'll chose to ignore these rumours. :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Frozen out, injured, whatever. I retain the same opinion I had as when we signed him - I don't think he's good enough for us personally. The English Gervinho. Will score a few goals for us here and there, but really somewhere like West Brom is probably his level tbh.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Simply not good enough to make it here.

Walcott, Chamberlain and Sanchez are all better options on the wing.

Walcott and Giroud are both better options up front and there's a chance we may buy another striker this summer.

He'd do well to consistently make our bench when everyone is fit.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Glad to see him in the pitch celebration pics.

A decent guy.Gives 100% on the pitch.

Did nothing [pre Hull] wrong but push forward his agenda.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I think Welbeck is a smashing player and one I hope we keep hold of. Met him three years ago in Manchester at a book launch ( don't ask) and he came across as a well mannered and respectful young man. He is also the only player that I am aware of to have scored the winner for United at Arsenal and for Arsenal at United....not even RVP achieved that

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

For Arsenal, he feels to me like one of those "Not quite good enough to be a starter, but too good for the bench" type of players.

I would not rush to sell him though, he is a hard working option up front if Giroud is out, and because of my thoughts on the other players.

Of those competing with him for places out wide, Sanchez gets my pick over Welbeck every time, but the rest -

Walcott - Has had enough injuries for them to be a concern, and may well get more playing time up front next season.
Oxlade-Chamberlain - Only just back from injury, may take a time to get fully fit, and still very much learning the game.
Ramsey - A central player playing wide to get a place in the team, will be used centrally at times.
Rosicky - Only a year left with us?
Gnabry - Has not played first team football in over a year.
Joel Campbell - Think he will be sold.
Sanogo - Hope he will be sold.
Maitland-Niles - Young, and far down the pecking order.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Absolute non-story, but when there's no football on I suppose you have to talk about something.

The guy is happy as Larry at Arsenal, i don't think i've ever seen a more smiley footballer, apart from possibly that cheeky little gnome Santiago Cazorla

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

QuartzGooner wrote:For Arsenal, he feels to me like one of those "Not quite good enough to be a starter, but too good for the bench" type of players.

I would not rush to sell him though, he is a hard working option up front if Giroud is out, and because of my thoughts on the other players.

Of those competing with him for places out wide, Sanchez gets my pick over Welbeck every time, but the rest -

Walcott - Has had enough injuries for them to be a concern, and may well get more playing time up front next season.
Oxlade-Chamberlain - Only just back from injury, may take a time to get fully fit, and still very much learning the game.
Ramsey - A central player playing wide to get a place in the team, will be used centrally at times.
Rosicky - Only a year left with us?
Gnabry - Has not played first team football in over a year.
Joel Campbell - Think he will be sold.
Sanogo - Hope he will be sold.
Maitland-Niles - Young, and far down the pecking order.
Can't disagree with much or indeed any of that.

Nice to see you back Quartz. However next time remember that Mod holidays are only supposed to usually last 2 months!! :roll: :lol: Meanwhile, the same old suspects have been carrying the weight (and No, that is not a dig at Spuddy!! :wink: ) when the staff are short (Yes, that is a dig at DB10!! :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :wink:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

If Clueless signs the world class striker we so desperately require Welbeck will be even further down the pecking order.He maybe a nice bloke but he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo.He would do ok at West Ham

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Danny Wellbeck, the lad from Manchester, seems enough nice fella, but should never put on an Arsenal shirt...aint nowhere near good enough

beck

Post by beck »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I think Welbeck is a smashing player and one I hope we keep hold of. Met him three years ago in Manchester at a book launch ( don't ask) and he came across as a well mannered and respectful young man. He is also the only player that I am aware of to have scored the winner for United at Arsenal and for Arsenal at United....not even RVP achieved that
Frank Stapleton scored a winner at old Trafford for arsenal in 77/78
Gordon hill had put united in front midway thru the 2nd half macdonald equalised 5 mins later Stapleton scored with 5 mins to go
An out and out winner for Stapleton for united at highbury is hard to define
He did put them 2-0 up in the 1st leg of the 1983 league cup semi that they went on to win 4-2( they won the 2nd leg at old trafford2-1)
And he put them 2-1 up in the league at highbury in 83/84 in a game they went on to win 3-2

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

beck wrote:
SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I think Welbeck is a smashing player and one I hope we keep hold of. Met him three years ago in Manchester at a book launch ( don't ask) and he came across as a well mannered and respectful young man. He is also the only player that I am aware of to have scored the winner for United at Arsenal and for Arsenal at United....not even RVP achieved that
Frank Stapleton scored a winner at old Trafford for arsenal in 77/78
Gordon hill had put united in front midway thru the 2nd half macdonald equalised 5 mins later Stapleton scored with 5 mins to go
An out and out winner for Stapleton for united at highbury is hard to define
He did put them 2-0 up in the 1st leg of the 1983 league cup semi that they went on to win 4-2( they won the 2nd leg at old trafford2-1)
And he put them 2-1 up in the league at highbury in 83/84 in a game they went on to win 3-2
Ok, ok. In the Premier League era then :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Out for 'months'.
So the decision not to buy a forward........... :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

How convenient that this comes to light two days after the transfer window closes...

Just another in a long line of perennially-injured players who is kept out for weeks or months at a time with innocuous injuries.

Waiting four or five months before operating is a shambles - sure they did the same with Vermaelen when he missed the whole season and they didn't operate until December/January.

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Out for 'months'.
So the decision not to buy a forward........... :banghead:
Even if they only discovered this today surely they should have checked that this might be a possibility before the bloody window closed :banghead: :banghead: