YELLOW

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hugh jardon

YELLOW

Post by hugh jardon »

Thank God we wore yellow in the FA Cup Final. Imagine if we had been presented the cup with blue ribbons - which would have happened if we'd worn this seasons blue "cup kit"!

Was the decision by the club to wear yellow a masterstroke by the club to gee up the fans and further enhance the emotional attachment to the traditional away colours? Or a total fluke as Villa were drawn to wear their home colours of claret and blue? Probably the latter, but it certainly turned out for the best scenario - Arsenal wearing yellow and blue as an away kit.

Prior to the game the club and supporter's groups were urging the fans to wear yellow and "Turn Wembley yellow" which was a huge success on the day. Would the fans have so keenly worn blue if the club worn the blue cup kit in the final? No way.

Arsenal have a real money spinner on their hands here - I may be wrong but we are the only club I can think of who have a real affinity with a particular away colour. Manna from heaven for the branding and marketing people! We even have a song "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" to cement the bond with the yellow kit.

With the new puma deal and a new kit every season, it will be interesting to see if yellow is to be our permanent away colours or other blue or unrelated ghastly away colours are chosen. Who remembers white a few years back? White?!

The bond between supporter and yellow has been further strengthened with 2015 added to previous glories in 71, 79 and 89. Let's hope the club keep it as a permanent fixture.

YELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

arseofacrow

Re: YELLOW

Post by arseofacrow »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Villa won the toss to wear their home kit. We had lost the previous four finals where we wore yellow! Very happy that run was broken.

Damien

Post by Damien »

Is it just me or do you wish that, where possible (i.e Norwich aren't playing), the club would request that we play in Yellow for the FA Cup final? Just seems right.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

A lot of people complained about being asked to wear yellow at Wembley, believe it or not.

Had we played Liverpool and lost the toss for colours, plans were aftoot to approach Puma and request to wear yellow. You can't buy the blue or yellow kit anymore so sales would have been immaterial, and would have been some good PR for Puma to have w 'we listened to the fans' type of press.

Luckily, Liverpool are shit, so we never got that far.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheCook wrote:A lot of people complained about being asked to wear yellow at Wembley, believe it or not.

Had we played Liverpool and lost the toss for colours, plans were aftoot to approach Puma and request to wear yellow. You can't buy the blue or yellow kit anymore so sales would have been immaterial, and would have been some good PR for Puma to have w 'we listened to the fans' type of press.

:lol: :lol:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

TheCook wrote:A lot of people complained about being asked to wear yellow at Wembley, believe it or not.

Surprised at that. i thought it looked brilliant, and to Gooners of a certain age, yellow IS our cup final colour

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Leyton Gooner wrote:

Surprised at that. i thought it looked brilliant, and to Gooners of a certain age, yellow IS our cup final colour
Nothing surprises me from Arsenal fans any more

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

So, just to be clear TheCook, does anything surprise you anymore? :wink:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Red Snapper wrote:So, just to be clear TheCook, does anything surprise you anymore? :wink:
The available evidence suggests nothing surprises him from Arsenal fans anymore, but it would be nice to get a confirmation of that

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Robin_L wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:So, just to be clear TheCook, does anything surprise you anymore? :wink:
The available evidence suggests nothing surprises him from Arsenal fans anymore, but it would be nice to get a confirmation of that
Well that's sparked my interest. :rubchin:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Now three posts have been deleted my post looks inexplicable! :?: :banghead:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

hugh jardon wrote:
With the new puma deal and a new kit every season, it will be interesting to see if yellow is to be our permanent away colours
More chance of Wenger winning the CL

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Red Snapper wrote:Now three posts have been deleted my post looks inexplicable! :?: :banghead:
please fill me in :D

not like that :oops:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:Now three posts have been deleted my post looks inexplicable! :?: :banghead:
please fill me in :D

not like that :oops:
Oooh matron! He quadruple posted the same thing somehow but has now deleted three of them.