Jack Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
afcforever

Re: Jack Wilshire the most over rated player in English foot

Post by afcforever »

What a shit thread, close it and stop being fucking stupid :banghead:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

afcforever wrote:What a shit thread, close it and stop being fucking stupid :banghead:
More censorship from AKBs

:barscarf: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Wenger is great

Arsenal is great

America is great.

And fuck you non-believers.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

I don't think jack is overrated. Unlike all other English players he can actually pass the fucking ball. That being said the injury has really fucked him up and I haven't been impressed since. This season is the biggest Jack will have. If can't regain form this year then I don't think he will ever regain it.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

afcforever wrote:What a shit thread, close it and stop being fucking stupid :banghead:
pray tell how old you are, i take it under 16, or under 20 at a real push given your posts?

markyp

Post by markyp »

until he can shoot straight he wont be anything other than a headless chicken,his goals return is embarrassing to say the least.when your desperate for a goal against a water tight defence a 30 yard screamer ala lampard or gerrard isnt gonna happen from jack.in his defence though if he was playing in a better team then he himself would benefit,blame Wenker for this,Jack has the weight of the world on his shoulders at the mo,if he could single handedly carry us like RVP did then you know he would do.i will continue to support him and pray he becomes our next Cesc :(

George71

Post by George71 »

goonersid wrote:Has to be!
Never seen him control a game or turn a game around in our favour, a creation of the British media.
Unpalatable as it may be, he couldn't lace the boots of Stevie G or fat Frank.
Runs around a lot giving the ball away to polite applause for his efforts, I just don't get our fans perception that he is anything other than plain average. We are a selling club, so if he was any good surely someone would have shown an interest in him, and Wenger would be only to pleased to listen to offers.
All seriousness, this isn't a wind up, I just don't see how anyone can rate this guy as special.
OR has wenger changed jacks ability and skill the way the meerkat did, and the way the OX is?

you all seen the OX play well against man ure two years ago, then he took him off (to the disgust of RVP and we lost).

He has not showed that class since, we should of bought mark schwarzer from Fulham at Christmas over 2 years but would not spend the money, we could of won the prem that year.

Even Steve Bould is banging his head and wasting his time coz wenger wants to control every thing in training. :banghead:

Since our unbeaten season what have we done????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :banghead: :banghead:

banged our fucking heads

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I would rate Jack as a very good player but I also think he is getting more petulant game on game. Would be a shame to waste his talent but it is my belief that he is crying out for a strong manager. this is not an attempt at Wenger bashing but if we are to discuss a player's merits then all things that pertain to him have to be discussed, and Jack is not being managed at the moment. Hope he doesn't waste his career but unless he and we stop confusing petulance for passion then he will take the wrong route.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Can you remember Stevie g and fat frank at 21???
Neither of them were consistent, till they got in their mid twenties. What is wrong with you? I'll bet you'll be the first person on here calling him a traitor when he leaves us for chavs, utd or citeh in the summer.
Focussing on the wrong thing here. Its the manager.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

donaldo wrote:
goonersid wrote:
afcforever wrote:Jack is different class, cant believe anyone could say different.
Explain and give examples where he showed "class"
His ONE league goal in SEVENTY appearances surely makes him world class sid
Busquets only has four goals in 148 league games. I know that he is a deep defensive midfielder but Jack has been playing in a deep role too. Xabi Alonso, who has a great shot on him, doesn't score many goals either. He only has four goals in his 132 league games for Real Madrid.
markyp wrote:until he can shoot straight he wont be anything other than a headless chicken,his goals return is embarrassing to say the least.when your desperate for a goal against a water tight defence a 30 yard screamer ala lampard or gerrard isnt gonna happen from jack.in his defence though if he was playing in a better team then he himself would benefit,blame Wenker for this,Jack has the weight of the world on his shoulders at the mo,if he could single handedly carry us like RVP did then you know he would do.i will continue to support him and pray he becomes our next Cesc :(
Xavi doesn't score last minute 30 yard screamers either.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilshere has that something special on the ball that the top players have; vision and time on the ball. But he is also hotheaded and gets dragged into stupid shit that puts him off his game too often and too easily. He has ability and technical talent with the ball, but whether he has the psychology to make it as a world class player is a different question. The game is littered with "the next great thing" type players that had superb ability but still didn't make it to the top. They need that something extra in their make up.

One thing I do know; if Jack was playing with better players his game would come on in leaps and bounds.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

^^^This^^^ And...

I think Jack is the best skilled player in our squad - even Carzola wasn't at his level at Jacks age... (at least I don't think so) - Anyway my point is that Jack is a HUGE talent, but what does worry me is that he might be ruined by not being coached properly, by being over-used/played because of the situation we are now in - rice paper thin squad - injuries up the wattoosie and by having to do more than a player of his age should really have to...as he cares passionately about Arsenal..and always gives his all...even if it is sometimes to the detriment of his game.

I also think come this time next year we will be seeing all kinds of transfer rumours or offers regarding him.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Nos89 wrote:Can you remember Stevie g and fat frank at 21???
Neither of them were consistent, till they got in their mid twenties. What is wrong with you? I'll bet you'll be the first person on here calling him a traitor when he leaves us for chavs, utd or citeh in the summer.
He aint and never will be good enough to play for any of those clubs.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

You lot crack me up. Jack is one of the few quality players we have left at Arsenal and you're hounding him out. Can you imagine trying to carry that pile of dross?

One thing's for sure, if he was playing in a midfield with Cesc and with a striker who actually makes runs in behind to find unlike Giroud, he would be almost world class by now. I think it's a sign of the times at Arsenal that a young player with bags of potential is being criticised because he isn't running every game he plays.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Can you remember Stevie g and fat frank at 21???
He aint and never will be good enough to play for any of those clubs.
Do you really think Jack doesn't have the potential to be better than Carrick, Cleverley and Barry?