Travel

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Joe3490

Travel

Post by Joe3490 »

Good Morning

Not sure if this is right place to put this but here goes.

Just joined and looking for some guidance, My Father in Law has got a season ticket but he is unwell at present so he is letting me use his ticket as he has recently renewed it. I was wondering if there is a particular forum for home game travel. I have been with my Father in law and got in a 4 at the train station for cheaper train fare but coming from home I am unsure what time people tend to meet at my local station (If any) I live in Biggleswade Bedfordshire.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Travel

Post by StuartL »

HI Joe, Welcome to the forum :barscarf:

Don't think on here we have a section regarding travelling to home games - I guess everybody assumes that they know where they are going and have no need to share lifts etc ( we are spread far and wide on here anyway)

You may be better contacting the Bedfordshire branch of the supporters club to see if there are regular travellers from Biggleswade ?

e: [email protected]
tw: HBArsenal
f: Arsenal Herts & Beds
www.hbarsenal.co.uk

Joe3490

Post by Joe3490 »

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your reply.

where would I find the Bedfordshire branch supporters club? or am I being silly lol :banghead:

Just thought I would try to save myself a few ££ each time

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

You could look into buying a network rail travel card, it's £30 for a year but it saves me £10 anytime I end up traveling to matches on my own,just pick up a form from your station and fill it in!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Joe3490 wrote:Hi Stuart

Thanks for your reply.

where would I find the Bedfordshire branch supporters club? or am I being silly lol :banghead:

Just thought I would try to save myself a few ££ each time
e: [email protected]
tw: HBArsenal
f: Arsenal Herts & Beds
www.hbarsenal.co.uk

try one of the above depending on your preference of contact method.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Get yourself a network railcard : I travel from Arlsesey (just South of Biggleswade) and for weekend matches I can get a returns for £7.90 inlcuding the discount ; train goes direct to Finsbury Park, so no need to even use the tube as you can walk to the ground from there.

Midweek is a bit more at £13 I think, but still decent to travel from Beds.

Train is about 33 minutes, compared to when I lived in Harrow (ie. much closer to N5), when it would take about 50 minutes by tube!

Joe3490

Post by Joe3490 »

Yeah I have been before and will go to Finsbury Park ,

When I have gone from Stevenage, as Father in Law lives there we have got in a 4 and got the discounted tickets that way, but I will look into travel card again had one when I was in college getting train to Stevenage.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Make yourself look really old and get a senior railcard. Also, you've a better chance of getting a seat and if you go to the football smelling of the previous night's festivities, nobody'll bat en eyelid.

8)