Jeff Reine-Adelaide - A Decent Youngster At Last?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: Jeff Reine-Adelaide - A Decent Youngster at last?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

g88ner wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Please no more comparisons with Diaby. For starters this lad looks like he has a brain!
Incidentally how wonderful is it to have a player called Jeff?
The last one I remember was good old Blockley in the 70s!

wonderful? I'd say it's unbelievable, Jeff :lol:
I see what you did there!!! :D

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

g88ner wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Please no more comparisons with Diaby. For starters this lad looks like he has a brain!
Incidentally how wonderful is it to have a player called Jeff?
The last one I remember was good old Blockley in the 70s!

wonderful? I'd say it's unbelievable, Jeff :lol:
:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Theoperator wrote:He will be on dot.com somewhere soon no doubt, it maybe the squad/ U 21 aspects havent been sorted. Jeez, some folks arent happy, if hes on and its wrong its wrong and if he isnt yet on its wrong.

Who the fcuk is complaining ?? I went onto the .con site to get some info on the guy and found nothing about him and I merely said on here that I was surprised by that :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Theoperator wrote:He will be on dot.com somewhere soon no doubt, it maybe the squad/ U 21 aspects havent been sorted. Jeez, some folks arent happy, if hes on and its wrong its wrong and if he isnt yet on its wrong.

Who the fcuk is complaining ?? I went onto the .con site to get some info on the guy and found nothing about him and I merely said on here that I was surprised by that :roll:
Will you pair stop flirting and just get to the fucking. :roll:

:D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Will you pair stop flirting and just get to the fucking. :roll:

:D :wink:

Everything is a rush with you isnt it ? You probably think foreplay is some sort of golf match :lol: :lol:

sta.gooner

Re: Jeff Reine-Adelaide - A Decent Youngster At Last?

Post by sta.gooner »

Looks like a decent player. Tall, athletic and skilful you have to say he has potential. Probably the highlight of what was an dull game yesterday

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:Well, I may have just cursed the lad with this thread. :lol:

Wenger's keeping him around this year at least, possible feature in the League Cup awaits. He looked good today, some really nice control on the ball and seems to have good timing and great vision.
There is a fantastic potential there and he will stay with us.

That potential will be coached out of him in 2 seconds flat & wenger will soon start to spout he's more suited to a central defender :roll:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I urge caution.

Whether through injury, lack of that extra bit of physical prowess or inability to focus in their early twenties, we have too often seen talented youngsters fade away...

Ian Selley and Ryan Garry - Injuries.

Sebastian Svard - Not sure, looked decent enough to me.

Havard Nordveit - See above.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas - Too slow.

Jay Simpson - Decent enough but not Arsenal quality.

Sanchez Watt - Not quite Arsenal quality.

Emmanuel Frimpong - Injury and not quite Arsenal quality.

Chuks Aneke - Lack of pace.

Then again, Kieran Gibbs and Jack Wilshere shone in the Emirates Cup and are now in the squad.

There are also other talented young players whose future with us is not clear -

Serge Gnabry

Dan Crowley

Gedion Zelalem (remember this time last year the Forum was singing his praises?)

As for Jeff, physically he reminds me of a young Anelka, style-wise a bit of the Pires about him.
But as well as good moves he also gave the ball away, got tackled and got pushed off the ball too easily.
He has a way to go yet.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:I urge caution.

Whether through injury, lack of that extra bit of physical prowess or inability to focus in their early twenties, we have too often seen talented youngsters fade away...

Then again, Kieran Gibbs and Jack Wilshere shone in the Emirates Cup and are now in the squad.

Serge Gnabry

Dan Crowley

Gedion Zelalem (remember this time last year the Forum was singing his praises?)

As for Jeff, physically he reminds me of a young Anelka, style-wise a bit of the Pires about him.
But as well as good moves he also gave the ball away, got tackled and got pushed off the ball too easily.
He has a way to go yet.
I wouldn't rate Gibbs as a success tbh. Injury prone and simply not top quality. Also the worst crosser of a football I have ever seen on any football pitch anywhere ever. Gibbs is bog average and could be easily (and should be) replaced with better. I'd take Nacho ahead of him any day.

As for Jack? As much as all of us (except sid :wink: ) want him to succeed, I think in most of our heart of hearts we know he isn't going to quite make it to the very top - probably because of injury, but possibly also because of the inconsistent nature of his ability.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Serge Gnabry looked like the hottest thing for years until he got injured , has he recovered or been put down ?

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

I reckon he has the potential to be as good as Gedion Zelalem.

Exactly

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

Jay Emmanuel Thomas - Too slow
He looked an amazing prospect. He could play absolutely everywhere. He sort of went off the boil. Still young enough to use that potential for a club.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I think that maybe coz we have only just purchased him, augie. One thing is certain, after his performances this weekend, he will be listed somewhere asap!!

Did it not say in that article that we bought him last may ? :? Think that I read it somewhere but it's monday and I'm knackered tired so I cant be arsed to check :oops:
May this year Augie.

Looks a very good prospect. Great feet, ability to beat a man and that pass for Theo's goal suggests he has vision and composure too. He's also a big lad for 17 which always helps.

I think SteveO will be getting through a few boxes of tissue watching re-runs of the Emirates cup, because... dare I say it... he could be the new Diaby? :lol:
Whilst there can only ever be one Abou, I must admit that young Jeff did display a touch of the old twinkle-toed genius over the weekend. I'll keep the tissues on standby :D

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Well he wasn't produced by us so he'll probably turn out to be a good un.

:barscarf:

sta.gooner

Post by sta.gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:I urge caution.

Serge Gnabry

Dan Crowley

He has a way to go yet.
I wouldn't rate Gibbs as a success tbh. Injury prone and simply not top quality. Also the worst crosser of a football I have ever seen on any football pitch anywhere ever. Gibbs is bog average and could be easily (and should be) replaced with better. I'd take Nacho ahead of him any day.

As for Jack? As much as all of us (except sid :wink: ) want him to succeed, I think in most of our heart of hearts we know he isn't going to quite make it to the very top - probably because of injury, but possibly also because of the inconsistent nature of his ability.
Jack and Gibbs aren't really our own produce either. Jack signed up from Luton (although to be fair he was about 9) and Gibbs signed up when Wimbledon collapsed. If you look at our handful of potential youth players that could make it, almost all of them have been signed up from elsewhere. Hardly any of them from North London. Makes you think has/is there a problem with our youth system, there are bound to be enough talented footballers.