Jeff Reine-Adelaide - A Decent Youngster At Last?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Jeff Reine-Adelaide - A Decent Youngster At Last?

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Well, I may have just cursed the lad with this thread. :lol:

Wenger's keeping him around this year at least, possible feature in the League Cup awaits. He looked good today, some really nice control on the ball and seems to have good timing and great vision.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed that youngster Jeff Reine-Adelaide will not be loaned out next season.

Reine-Adelaide made his first start for the club in their 1-0 win against Wolfsburg in the Emirates Cup on Sunday afternoon, with the 17-year-old attacking midfielder turning in an impressive display in north London.

However, Wenger revealed Reine-Adelaide, who the Gunners boss signed from Lens in May, would be part of Arsenal’s under-21 side next season.

"He will definitely be here," said Wenger after the match. "He is 17 years old and looks very promising, but he needs to work with us now for a year with the first team, to play with the U21s and develop. There is a fantastic potential there and he will stay with us."

When pressed, though, on whether Reine-Adelaide would actually get the chance to feature for the first team, Wenger was more coy.

"I don't know," he said of the Frenchman who has featured for his country at U17 level. "Honestly, I don't know. But for me it was a good opportunity to watch him today."

Wenger was delighted with much of what he saw from Reine-Adelaide at the Emirates, adding: "In some situations, of course, he has the game of a 17 year old, but on the other hand he has shown great potential as well.

"He looks very advanced physically and I'm sure that he has learnt a lot from these two days."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ene-wenger
I'm sure we're all aware of the last young player to impress at the Emirates Cup was Frimpong and we all know how that turned out.

Let's hope this one makes it.
Last edited by Arsenal Till I Die on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Jeff Reine-Adelaide - A Decent Youngster at last?

Post by officepest »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:I'm sure we're all aware of the last young player to impress at the Emirates Cup was Frimpong and we all know how that turned out.

Didn't Sanogo bag four in one of these friendlies?

For all Wenger's love of developing youth, we do seem to hoard shit-loads of youngsters with "fantastic potential" before quietly moving them on for peanuts a few years later.

But yeah, I do hope we can bring a few more quality academy prospects through; it'll save us from Dizzying Prices. :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

officepest wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:I'm sure we're all aware of the last young player to impress at the Emirates Cup was Frimpong and we all know how that turned out.

He did, I was there that day...he still didn't impress though which is why I didn't include him. :lol:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
officepest wrote:

He did, I was there that day...he still didn't impress though which is why I didn't include him. :lol:
Each one of those 4 goals still failed to convince me that Sanogo would ever be a top footballer. He has the balance of Bambi on Ice after 7 pints.
In contrast our man Jeff looks a good prospect. Great balance and feet, big lad with a bit of pace, out on the left......now who does that remind me of?!!

augie

Post by augie »

Unless I am mistaken, the lad isnt even listed on any of the club squads on .con :?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I think that maybe coz we have only just purchased him, augie. One thing is certain, after his performances this weekend, he will be listed somewhere asap!!

augie

Post by augie »

I Hate Hleb wrote:I think that maybe coz we have only just purchased him, augie. One thing is certain, after his performances this weekend, he will be listed somewhere asap!!

Did it not say in that article that we bought him last may ? :? Think that I read it somewhere but it's monday and I'm knackered tired so I cant be arsed to check :oops:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:I think that maybe coz we have only just purchased him, augie. One thing is certain, after his performances this weekend, he will be listed somewhere asap!!

Did it not say in that article that we bought him last may ? :? Think that I read it somewhere but it's monday and I'm knackered tired so I cant be arsed to check :oops:
May this year Augie.

Looks a very good prospect. Great feet, ability to beat a man and that pass for Theo's goal suggests he has vision and composure too. He's also a big lad for 17 which always helps.

I think SteveO will be getting through a few boxes of tissue watching re-runs of the Emirates cup, because... dare I say it... he could be the new Diaby? :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:

May this year Augie.

Looks a very good prospect. Great feet, ability to beat a man and that pass for Theo's goal suggests he has vision and composure too. He's also a big lad for 17 which always helps.

I think SteveO will be getting through a few boxes of tissue watching re-runs of the Emirates cup, because... dare I say it... he could be the new Diaby? :lol:

Thats what I said :?

We signed the lad two months ago and he isnt on the website yet, whilst the outgoing transfers and loan deals are up to date :o

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Well we've been down this road many times before so forgive me for not getting too excited. A kid impresses in a few pre season games, next you hear of him he's being loaned out and then sold to Orient or Brentford. The jury is still out but good luck to the lad

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:

May this year Augie.

We signed the lad two months ago and he isnt on the website yet, whilst the outgoing transfers and loan deals are up to date :o
From what I have read augie, it appears the signing was part of a two player deal and didn't get completed until a couple of weeks ago.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:

May this year Augie.

Surely "last May" implies May 2014? :rubchin: :lol:

"This May" is May 2015 and "Next May" is May 2016.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

He will be on dot.com somewhere soon no doubt, it maybe the squad/ U 21 aspects havent been sorted. Jeez, some folks arent happy, if hes on and its wrong its wrong and if he isnt yet on its wrong.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Please no more comparisons with Diaby. For starters this lad looks like he has a brain!
Incidentally how wonderful is it to have a player called Jeff?
The last one I remember was good old Blockley in the 70s!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Please no more comparisons with Diaby. For starters this lad looks like he has a brain!
Incidentally how wonderful is it to have a player called Jeff?
The last one I remember was good old Blockley in the 70s!

wonderful? I'd say it's unbelievable, Jeff :lol: