Community Shield 2015.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Community Shield 2015.

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:Last season when we beat citeeh 3-0 I honestly didn't give a fcuk, but this time beating the chavs is beautiful to me :barscarf:

I know that it is only a friendly (as BFG has just said) and I don't feel that this qualifies as le cock finally beating moaninho c.unt, but I do think that it is important to beat a team that we haven't beaten in a long time 8)
at long last the players might finally believe in themselves,time will tell :barscarf:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Cech motm just because.

Antonio Banderas really turned the tide for them in the second half :lol: :barscarf:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Up Yours Chelsea ;)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

One thing which pleased me, and it may be only a minor thing but Ozil looked a lot happier, even when things didn't work out for him his head didn't seem to go down he kept plugging away.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Jose picking up a losers medal :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Haha have to say well done Wenger for walking away :barscarf:

Let's get back the old days with managers f**king hating each other and not afraid to show it

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Happy with that. 8)

Today showed Theo's limitations though. The game passed him buy when we needed him most. Chelsea were getting on top and we had no outlet as Theo isn't great at holding the ball up and was never going to win balls against Terry and Cahill.

And in the first half when he was in full stride, running at the Chelsea defence, he took the wrong option, played a poor pass and we lost the advantage. It was typical Theo really.

He makes good runs and will score goals, but you need more from your lone striker. We instantly improved with Giroud up front... but then again, we lose the option of the ball in the behind as he has no pace :(

We need a striker.

great performance though :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

pleased we won

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:An Ox replaced by a tortoise...... :roll:

very good tee cee :lol: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:Happy with that. 8)

Today showed Theo's limitations though. The game passed him buy when we needed him most. Chelsea were getting on top and we had no outlet as Theo isn't great at holding the ball up and was never going to win balls against Terry and Cahill.

And in the first half when he was in full stride, running at the Chelsea defence, he took the wrong option, played a poor pass and we lost the advantage. It was typical Theo really.

He makes good runs and will score goals, but you need more from your lone striker. We instantly improved with Giroud up front... but then again, we lose the option of the ball in the behind as he has no pace :(

We need a striker.

great performance though :barscarf:
Pretty much spot on, Theo can't hold the ball up (or even win the initial challenge) Giroud can't run with the ball

Wenker said it was either or. depending on opponents ( at last - take the opponents into account when picking your team / tactics)

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Giroud last season was hopeless against terry and cahill as well. Terry loves playing against strikers like giroud.

Yes, we desperately need a striker. Could make all the difference.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:One thing which pleased me, and it may be only a minor thing but Ozil looked a lot happier, even when things didn't work out for him his head didn't seem to go down he kept plugging away.

Good spot, yes guy looks like he has had a weight lifted from his shoulders

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Supagoon wrote:Jose picking up a losers medal :lol:

Not for long the tosser threw it away.....love it .....lets have more tantrums this season please, from the despicable shit that he undoubtedly is.... :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Haha have to say well done Wenger for walking away :barscarf:

Let's get back the old days with managers f**king hating each other and not afraid to show it

Respect to the guy for walking away, would have been a hypocryte if he did anything else.....they obviously hate each other....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Agreed. Kudos to Wenger for snubbing that horrible fucking bastard at the end there. All the shit that prick has said personally about the manager and the attacks on the club and he fucking stands there like the ego maniac he is looking for a handshake? Fuck off.

I'm 100% anti Wenger but if hypothetically he were ever to read the shit I say about him on here and he were to meet me someday I'd hope he'd tell me to go fuck myself.

Delighted. Fuck the dirty chav vermin *word censored* :barscarf: