Liverpool history lesson for me

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Liverpool history lesson for me

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:"I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean, the old image of leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness. Horses running through council estates. Toothless simpletons. People with eyebrows on their cheeks. Badly tarmacked drives, in this country. Men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings. Lots of rocks, and Beamish. I think people are saying “Yes, there’s more to Ireland than this”. A good slogan for the tourist board; There’s more to Oi-reland, DAN DIS."

:lol: :lol:
:lol:

Cheers for that, you blonde bastard....from the future!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:because at the end of the day, you will pay the price if you are a fussy eater. If they could afford to emigrate, then they could afford to eat in a modest restaurant. :D :wink:

Do you know if it was Linehan and/or Matthews that wrote that scene? Because it is still the funniest, most cringe worthy piece of comedy ever.
I don't think Lenehan/Matthews wrote it tbh. The only writing credit I've seen for it is for Peter Baynham, Steve Coogan and Armando Iannucci. It is quite possible they contributed some dialogue during rehearsals or filming though.

But I agree it is piss funny. :lol: This whole bit still cracks me up;

"I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean, the old image of leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness. Horses running through council estates. Toothless simpletons. People with eyebrows on their cheeks. Badly tarmacked drives, in this country. Men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings. Lots of rocks, and Beamish. I think people are saying “Yes, there’s more to Ireland than this”. A good slogan for the tourist board; There’s more to Oi-reland, DAN DIS."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My girlfirend's 33, I'm 47. She's 14 years younger than me.

Back of the net

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OK. Let’s recap. Draw the gun from the holster, knock the safety catch off, there’s one in the chamber, and move and fire and move and fire and move and fire. The terrorist is disorientated from the stun grenades. He doesn’t know what’s going on. Remember the double-tap, bang, bang.

We have to neutralise the threat by incapacitating the target and we do that in two areas. The chest area, here. Anywhere down the central line, all the major organs are kept, we get one there, he’s going down. If you’re near enough you can take a head shot. Again, he’s going down.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

God created Adam and Eve. He didn’t create Adam and Steve. I’m kind of a homo-sceptic.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Weird ,Ive never liked partidge humour tried and tried ,could never see it despite loads of people with sick fuck humour like mine always said he was boss .
But I laughed at that one ,does that make me a racist ? I think I should be told !

officepest

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote::lol: :lol:

OK. Let’s recap. Draw the gun from the holster, knock the safety catch off, there’s one in the chamber, and move and fire and move and fire and move and fire. The terrorist is disorientated from the stun grenades. He doesn’t know what’s going on. Remember the double-tap, bang, bang.

We have to neutralise the threat by incapacitating the target and we do that in two areas. The chest area, here. Anywhere down the central line, all the major organs are kept, we get one there, he’s going down. If you’re near enough you can take a head shot. Again, he’s going down.

You've gone again.

That was just a noise. :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Why come on an arsenal forum to ask about the Scum from Mersey side :?

Then again I suppose we have a resident spurs fan on here

officepest

Post by officepest »

mcdowell42 wrote:Why come on an arsenal forum to ask about the Scum from Mersey side :?

Then again I suppose we have a resident spurs fan on here
For all these comedy replies, of course. :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

1. Don't care, but it probably isn't their fault or something.
2. Don't care but probably isn't their fault.
3. Don't fucking care but it probably isn't their fault.
I couldn't care less about that bunch of misery-dwelling, murdering *word censored* but the answer to all bin-dipper related questions seem to be something about Mrs Thatcher, The Sun, Hillsborough and minutes of silence every week.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

dano wrote:Since I am an American in England, can someone give me a history lesson on LFC?

1. What is the Kop? From my outsider view, this seems to be where the rabid fans accumulate.
2. Why did Liverpool adopt a mediocre 60's pop song as their anthem?
3. They seem to have too high amount of ex-players as commentators, most of which are very irritating. Is there any historical reason why the media subjects us to these idiots?

For some reason, and I can't understand this emotion, I really dislike LFC. No real idea why, but something about them really bothers me.

1.. The Kop is was a massive terrace behind a goal at Anfield, there thousands of sharp witted fans of Liverpool sought nothing more than a good sporting contest, these supporters were as famous for their sportsmanship as their razor sharp wit. all local lads who played for the club once stood on that terrace. OR, the Kop was a massive piss stenched breeding ground for deluded fools who view life like they view football , that being with an ingrained sense of entitlement. The delusion and the denial run in tandem here. Many of their "local lads" grew up Everton fans.
We on this forum poke fun at images of overly excited Arsenal fans in Asia , Liverpool fans use the photographs of their Asian fans as living proof that they are the biggest club in the world.
2. Not sure, but it belonged to someone else so it was fair game for taking.
3. There is a love affair between most of the media and the two Lancashire teams that wear red. Despite the victimised squeals of improper bias from Liverpool fans the media , and in particular Sky and BT Sport are so far up Liverpool FC's collective Arses that they are causing sore throats at Anfield. Unsurprisingly none of these pundits ever try , or are indeed instructed by their employers, to tone down their bias. The run in for the 2013-14 season was the most cringeworthy wankfest in sporting broadcasting history. That is why fans of every other club delight in reminding Liverpool that they "nearly " won the league.

Finally your thread title contains the words LIVERPOOL and HISTORY, don't ever get a Liverpool fan started on that subject.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
dano wrote:Since I am an American in England, can someone give me a history lesson on LFC?

1. What is the Kop? From my outsider view, this seems to be where the rabid fans accumulate.
2. Why did Liverpool adopt a mediocre 60's pop song as their anthem?
3. They seem to have too high amount of ex-players as commentators, most of which are very irritating. Is there any historical reason why the media subjects us to these idiots?

For some reason, and I can't understand this emotion, I really dislike LFC. No real idea why, but something about them really bothers me.
I like you already! :D 8)

1. A stand behind the goal at one end of the toilet that is Anfield, it's named after the Spion Kop - a famous battle in the Boar war back when our lovely Ingerlish friends went round the world committing genocide. :lol: :wink: Interestingly, The Arsenal had a "Kop End" 2 years before Liverpool did.

2. Christ knows.

3. The media in general is fuckwittery at its worst, run by fuckwits. 8)
I object to this racist interpretation of History ........................you should have inserted the word "known" before world ,surely there had to be somewhere we didn't kill off the natives whilst ruining their economy !

Ireland? :rubchin:

You killed a lot of us, but we had fuck all economy for you to ruin at the time! :lol:

Except for the potatoes. And then you even went and fucking hid a load of them so 2 million inbred culchies starved to death, because at the end of the day, you will pay the price if you are a fussy eater. If they could afford to emigrate, then they could afford to eat in a modest restaurant. :D :wink:
£50 to get there on a plane too......I think that's what puts me off :D

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

A Liverpool history lesson:-
1 If Liverpool fans contribute to killing a load of their own fans,(and in my opinion they did at Hillsborough),they should blame everyone except themselves,bang on about it for 25+ years, and play the victim card for all it's worth.

2 If Liverpool fans contribute to killing a load of opposing fans,(as in my opinion they did at Heysel), they should never mention it and divert/convert any mention of it into a victimfest about Hillsborough.

At footnote to Liverpool history:- This morning on "Fletch and Sav" on B.T. Sport they had an interview with "Liverpool Legend" David Fairclough. During it he related an,(aren't we just a friendly bunch of scallys),tale of how Bob Paisley agreed to "let" Phil Thompsons brothers get into the Wolves v Liverpool League 1 game in the late 70's via the players entrance and their dressing room. As scores of them "barged their way in" Fairclough "quipped" that a few of the Liverpool players asked,"How many brothers have you actually got Phil?"
Hilarious! :banghead: Absolute hypocritical WANKERS!!!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:A Liverpool history lesson:-
1 If Liverpool fans contribute to killing a load of their own fans,(and in my opinion they did at Hillsborough),they should blame everyone except themselves,bang on about it for 25+ years, and play the victim card for all it's worth.

2 If Liverpool fans contribute to killing a load of opposing fans,(as in my opinion they did at Heysel), they should never mention it and divert/convert any mention of it into a victimfest about Hillsborough.

At footnote to Liverpool history:- This morning on "Fletch and Sav" on B.T. Sport they had an interview with "Liverpool Legend" David Fairclough. During it he related an,(aren't we just a friendly bunch of scallys),tale of how Bob Paisley agreed to "let" Phil Thompsons brothers get into the Wolves v Liverpool League 1 game in the late 70's via the players entrance and their dressing room. As scores of them "barged their way in" Fairclough "quipped" that a few of the Liverpool players asked,"How many brothers have you actually got Phil?"

E very cup final they turn up ticket less and cause absolute chaos. It happened as recently as the Champions League final in Intanbul. In the 80s they would scale the walls at Wembley Stadium to climb into the upper tier.

This was 3 years before Hillsborough, notice the trend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzrOlyDd9Iw

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Disappointed by all the poison directed towards LFC and the city and it's people in general on this thread- Cilla Black has only just died you know, show some respect.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:A Liverpool history lesson:-

E very cup final they turn up ticket less and cause absolute chaos. It happened as recently as the Champions League final in Intanbul. In the 80s they would scale the walls at Wembley Stadium to climb into the upper tier.

This was 3 years before Hillsborough, notice the trend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzrOlyDd9Iw
I still can't believe how the media 'airbrush' Heysel from the history pages of football in this country. I swear that if any other side had got us a European ban in the way these c.unts did they would be vilified forever on the back of it......and rightly so. Our 1989 title winning side were denied the opportunity of competing against Europe's finest because of these c.unts and yet the average English commentator romanticises about those wonderful European nights in front of the Kop

As my learned friend mentions these fuckwits have caused mayhem wherever they've gone before blaming whichever country's police force it was for the carnage that followed them.

Absolute fucking wankers - hate the lot of them