The Orcs at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: The Orcs at home

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:
hartson wrote:hope stoke win - and make it 5 games in a row we have been utterly outplayed, then hopefully the total mugs that attend booo wenger out the stadium
Words fail me.
Lucky we got the Ashes out of the way first then.

:barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

If Stoke get a result (which they are more than capable of doing) the place will erupt and there will be fights everywhere.

It's going to be a hostile season at the ground and Giroud has all the makings of going the same way as Eboue, he needs a few stand out performances but unfortunately I don't think he has it in him.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Got to say i hope we get a strong ref for this one as from previous experience our lads will need protection.
More like a bouncer than a ref. Unbelievable that Debuchys (aleeged :wink: ) assault wasnt taken further, IIRC didnt even "merit" a yellow :? - AFC should have sued the fecker or taken him to court on a private prosecution for GBH.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

They have not started well and don't have as much steel as they used to in midfield. In fact with their new signings they have become a bit too tippy tappy. They tried to buy Jedinak late yesterday to rectify that but obviously failed.

Think we will beat them at home AND away this year :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We'll fuck em 3-0. Piece of piss. 8)

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

arseofacrow wrote:
officepest wrote:
hartson wrote:hope stoke win - and make it 5 games in a row we have been utterly outplayed, then hopefully the total mugs that attend booo wenger out the stadium
Words fail me.
Lucky we got the Ashes out of the way first then.

:barscarf:
Boom!

:high5:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunnersaurus wrote:If Stoke get a result (which they are more than capable of doing) the place will erupt and there will be fights everywhere.

It's going to be a hostile season at the ground and Giroud has all the makings of going the same way as Eboue, he needs a few stand out performances but unfortunately I don't think he has it in him.
one can only hope.
I can't see it myself - the club has managed to rid itself of those undesirable types that actually question things at football matches.

the best thing (and more possible scenario) is that we have a nightmare end to September - losing at Spurs, Chelsea and table topping Leicester City - and then there is a really poisonous atmosphere in the ground for the Man United game at beginning of October. For me that would be the perfect game to protest - a high profile televised game around the world where Wenger will have no hiding place

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:If Stoke get a result (which they are more than capable of doing) the place will erupt and there will be fights everywhere.

one can only hope.
I can't see it myself - the club has managed to rid itself of those undesirable types that actually question things at football matches.

the best thing (and more possible scenario) is that we have a nightmare end to September - losing at Spurs, Chelsea and table topping Leicester City - and then there is a really poisonous atmosphere in the ground for the Man United game at beginning of October. For me that would be the perfect game to protest - a high profile televised game around the world where Wenger will have no hiding place
Once we go on our little run of form after Xmas when the pressure is off because once again we are out of the title race then the vast majority of people will glady forget the reality of what's happened and believe in the myth that wenger can win us the league

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

one can only hope.

Once we go on our little run of form after Xmas when the pressure is off because once again we are out of the title race then the vast majority of people will glady forget the reality of what's happened and believe in the myth that wenger can win us the league

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Has anyone got a freezer they want defrosting ?
:rubchin:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

StuartL wrote:Has anyone got a freezer they want defrosting ?
That can be done when the annual borefest of the champions league comes around

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

StuartL wrote:Has anyone got a freezer they want defrosting ?
That can be done when the annual borefest of the champions league comes around

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

We will win this 2-0 - Alexis and Giroud and completely dominate. When the pressure builds, Wenger gets out of jail.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

begeegs wrote:We will win this 2-0 - Alexis and Giroud and completely dominate. When the pressure builds, Wenger gets out of jail.
Followed by a win in Zagreb and defeat at Stamford Bridge by any chance?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

SteveO 35 wrote:
begeegs wrote:We will win this 2-0 - Alexis and Giroud and completely dominate. When the pressure builds, Wenger gets out of jail.
Followed by a win in Zagreb and defeat at Stamford Bridge by any chance?
Yep. An uninspiring win in Zagreb like a fluky 1-0. People will be talking about Chelsea (because they always struggle against Everton) needing a result against Arsenal and wouldn't you know it - St. Wenger will duly oblige.

I think that we have all read this book many times.