CL Group Match Category A

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Peeman

CL Group Match Category A

Post by Peeman »

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/151 ... ch-tickets

Bayern Group Stage match is a category A fixture.

Expected as much but fuck me what a rip off :evil:

northbank123

Re: CL Group Match Category A

Post by northbank123 »

They should all be Category zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And don't anybody dare pretend that they didn't find that funny

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Peeman wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/151 ... ch-tickets

That is disgusting
It is a group stage match!
So what if it is Bayern Munich

Season ticket holders get it included anyway but any red members buying a ticket for this should hang their heads in shame.
I would like to go, can afford it but will boycott the match because it sets a dangerous precedent

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Peeman wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/151 ... ch-tickets

That is disgusting
It is a group stage match!
So what if it is Bayern Munich

Season ticket holders get it included anyway but any red members buying a ticket for this should hang their heads in shame.
I would like to go, can afford it but will boycott the match because it sets a dangerous precedent

Don't worry if we get an extra couple of unforeseen "category A games " it will get added to the cost of our season ticket when renewing next year (without the choice of not going)

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

What an absolute pisstake, at least if you're asking for £62 for Bayern, have the decency to put the Olympiacos and Zagreb games at £26! But no, both of those shit games are still Category B prices. Hope all three are in front of a half-empty stadium. Twats.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Mistical92 wrote:What an absolute pisstake, at least if you're asking for £62 for Bayern, have the decency to put the Olympiacos and Zagreb games at £26! But no, both of those shit games are still Category B prices. Hope all three are in front of a half-empty stadium. Twats.
Not signing players doesn't stop Arsenal from charging "dizzying prices" then - :rubchin: :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
Mistical92 wrote:What an absolute pisstake, at least if you're asking for £62 for Bayern, have the decency to put the Olympiacos and Zagreb games at £26! But no, both of those shit games are still Category B prices. Hope all three are in front of a half-empty stadium. Twats.
Not signing players doesn't stop Arsenal from charging "dizzying prices" then - :rubchin: :roll:
And the most galling thing? Bayern will subsidise what will be a 75 Euro ticket making it more like 45 Euro. :roll: :banghead:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Haven't group stage games always been category A? (since they invented categories)

So if it's true that Zagreb and Olimpiacos are down to Cat B then at least that's something (yes, they should probably be Cat C).

Can't see how anyone can argue with Bayern Munich being a Cat A game :?

Simon

Post by Simon »

It's been that way for quite a while for our home games against the "big" teams in the CL.

Interestingly, Arsenal don't even publish the top price regular tickets on their website. Upper Centre tickets for a category A are a staggering £127.50 these days!

http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/non-member-ticket-prices

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Simon wrote:It's been that way for quite a while for our home games against the "big" teams in the CL.

Interestingly, Arsenal don't even publish the top price regular tickets on their website. Upper Centre tickets for a category A are a staggering £127.50 these days!

http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/non-member-ticket-prices
this is the point - it is always the CHEAPEST category A prices which are quoted.
as a red member I have never been able to get a category A ticket under £80 and so I don't bother.

and to the earlier poster - I think this is the first time that a group stage match has been priced at category A.
it is not that long ago that knock out stage matches were also category B. The last time we won one of those matches :oops: which I think was in 2010 or 11 we beat Porto and I remember going but certainly not paying premium prices.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Robin_L wrote:Haven't group stage games always been category A? (since they invented categories)

So if it's true that Zagreb and Olimpiacos are down to Cat B then at least that's something (yes, they should probably be Cat C).

I think you've answered that yourself - if the standard is a Cat B then you shouldn't designate some games Cat A unless you are willing to designate others Cat C.

Tbh I'm not even that bothered about the ticket prices - they are ridiculous but people pay them. Although the extent to which our club does it is pure greed, I'm not opposed in principle to the club trying to bring in as much in gate receipts as they can. Whilst the club will be the losers in the long run if they do alienate swathes of their fan base, I don't buy into this entitlement which some people seem to think they have to be able to afford and have access to tickets to watch their chosen football team.

For me the crux of the issue is when you are asking for £100+ a ticket for so many games and that money not filtering down to strengthening the playing squad.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Robin_L wrote:Haven't group stage games always been category A? (since they invented categories)

Group games have always been Category B and that's ok I suppose, but if you're going to bump the most attractive one to A then be fair and put the two shit teams down to C. ABB is taking the piss even more than usual.

sta.gooner

Post by sta.gooner »

How Zagreb is NOT a Category C is beyond me.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Ok I understand now, I'd thought they'd all been Cat A.

Maybe it's some nonsense about not wanting to offend either Olimpiacos or DInamo Zagreb, i.e. 'downgrading' one without the other, and they don't want to downgrade both of them because of too much lost revenue. :roll:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Just curious, I have this minute purchased a ticket for Olympiakos, but noticed an extra £2 fee for Ticketfast, is this a new thing?
An extra £2 every time I buy a ticket does not seem much but it all adds up.