Mesut Ozil

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Should we sell Ozil?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 80

markyp

Re: Mesut Ozil - should we sell?

Post by markyp »

we will only see the best of Ozil with a world class CF for him to feed.his assist record is amazing even more considering the dross he has to supply at Arsenal.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

another 2 assists today. world class. why sell him? they would never spend the money on anyone better anyways.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:another 2 assists today. world class. why sell him? they would never spend the money on anyone better anyways.
Bit of class for first two goals today.

The debate only exists because this is too much of a rarity for somebody with his obvious ability.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Getting better and better. If (big fucking if) he can carry it for a season then we might be onto something....

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:Getting better and better. If (big fucking if) he can carry it for a season then we might be onto something....
:barscarf:

Had a great game and great contribution. The touch of quality when required.

8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think one of Ozil's major problems is you don't actually see much of him when he's off the ball, he actually takes up good positions often to allow play to flow around him and from him but too often our players seem to miss him out at times where passing to him might create something.

He really does have a knack for drifting into little pockets of space but he is so casual with it even his own team mates don't seem to see him :banghead:

Sean

Post by Sean »

markyp wrote:we will only see the best of Ozil with a world class CF for him to feed.his assist record is amazing even more considering the dross he has to supply at Arsenal.
markyp wrote:we will only see the best of Ozil with a world class CF for him to feed.his assist record is amazing even more considering the dross he has to supply at Arsenal.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Mesut Ozil now with the best games per assist ratio in Premier League history as it stands.

I'm still all for selling him though, he doesn't really run around enough for me, could put a bit more effort in when tracking back and also he doesn't smile a lot on the pitch...maybe he's unhappy? maybe he wants to leave the club? Not sure but AM VERY WORRIED. Possibly a good opportunity to sell in January. Wenger Out.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Robin_L wrote:Mesut Ozil now with the best games per assist ratio in Premier League history as it stands.

I'm still all for selling him though, he doesn't really run around enough for me, could put a bit more effort in when tracking back and also he doesn't smile a lot on the pitch...maybe he's unhappy? maybe he wants to leave the club? Not sure but AM VERY WORRIED. Possibly a good opportunity to sell in January. Wenger Out.
sell Ozil FFS,that is laughable right now,he is the inform player in the premier league.he doesn't track back because if you hadn't notice when he sprints its like hes running in treacle.sell him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Mesut Ozil now with the best games per assist ratio in Premier League history as it stands.

sell Ozil FFS,that is laughable right now,he is the inform player in the premier league.he doesn't track back because if you hadn't notice when he sprints its like hes running in treacle.sell him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a stab in the dark but I'd probably say that Wobin_L is being sarcastic

markyp

Post by markyp »

northbank123 wrote:
markyp wrote:

Just a stab in the dark but I'd probably say that Wobin_L is being sarcastic
oh I missed that,if so sorry Robin L ,If not being sarcy then oh dear oh dear :lol: :lol:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It's all good, if you can't give some back to the know-nothings when they go a bit quiet (i.e. Arsenal do some winning) then when can ya. :twisted:

This is more concerned with Ozil though, one of the dumbest threads in history has to be one focusing on the notion of selling Mesut Ozil.

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

Should we sell the most talented footballer I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt? And I've seen Bergkamp and Henry - no!

Just to clarify my remark, in terms of pure ability and vision Ozil in my opinion is ahead of Henry and Bergkamp - clearly he hasn't made anywhere near the same impact yet which is probably people go overboard on criticising him but he is pure class - joy to watch and one of the few players who when you see them start to think that they help justify in some way the outrageous ticket prices

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Ran 1.6 km less than Hector Bellerin today, time to cut our losses and get rid, eh onlinegooner

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Robin_L wrote:Ran 1.6 km less than Hector Bellerin today, time to cut our losses and get rid, eh onlinegooner
Forum's biggest WUM - yawn