The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
dano wrote:bad personality, but on the day, can score a few. SInce no strikers looks like signing, would anyone take a punt on Balotelli?

He's an amazing talent, which is unfortunately wrapped up inside a lazy body and an arrogant, spoiled brat personality.

Every manager has thought they could get the best out of him. None have, and AW certainly wouldn't do any better.

In short, I wouldn't go near him. Bony or Remy would be safer bets, though still not the quality we need.
TBH I wouldn't even go that far. He has flashes of brilliance, but it's only ever flashes. Henry and Bergkamp were amazing talents in my book because they consistently demonstrated that talent and ability. Balotelli is like a pub footballer for me - he might hit that one cracking volley from 30 yards once a season. Even my mate Fat Joe can do that on a Sunday morning in the over 35's league. :lol: :wink:
Fat Joe sounds like a good shout to me :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

are the rumours true? are we actually going to sign rob holding? :shock: :o

fuck i can't believe it! finally wenger is listening to us and signing a top quality championship defender who got relegated last season :barscarf:

time to say i was wrong all along :D :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

fear ye not this kid from Bolton is to be the new calum chambers,whoop whoop!!! :shock:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:are the rumours true? are we actually going to sign rob holding? :shock: :o

fuck i can't believe it! finally wenger is listening to us and signing a top quality championship defender who got relegated last season :barscarf:

He'll have had plenty of experience defending then

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

if rob holden,xahka and your man from japan our are signings this summer i will not be watching one single minute of the coming season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:are the rumours true? are we actually going to sign rob holding? :shock: :o

:lol: :lol:

Now if only he'd replace Bouldy with Stevie Morrow. I reckon Morrow would put out a pretty decent set of cones. 8)

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

A post from the Wanderers Thread of the Year Winner

"I've seen nothing to suggest he is good enough to play at anything above Championship level - I thought he was ordinary at best last season. Yes, he was surrounded by pillocks, but he looked just as bad as the rest of 'em most of the time."

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think Wenger has seriously gone mad. I mean that as well, not a joke

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Lots of chat about icardi from inter, any twitter news mac? :wink:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

If we do sign Rob Holding, I guess Calum Chambers might as well pack his bags already. On the day Man City get closer to signing Leroy Sane as well, maddening stuff. :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

its important at this stage to look at what our rivals are doing in the transfer market as well as our own pathetic attempts to sign someone.

don't forget whilst all non AKB Arsenal fans want this team to kick on and challenge for the title we have a manager cocooned in his own little world striving to challenge for the top 4 only. He will see that at this stage that is still very much possible, despite just buying an average player from Switzerland, an unknown player from Bolton and some Japanese guy bought to help flog shirts in Asia.

Herd

Post by Herd »

When you understand the coporations strategy for profit optimisation our behaviour in this transfer window is exactly in line with expectations .
Our peers at Chelsea and both the Manchester clubs have spent a lot and are expected to fight over the Top three places
so speculative buying will not be wise.
There might be a scrap for 4th even with the foxes ,red sea pedestirans and klippity klopps liverpool making a bid too .
Given this scenario it is wise to spend only moderatly and we can bank more of that lovely cash which will cushion the blow if we fail to come 4th..
Its not insane its perfectly rational chums !

MrT

Post by MrT »

Icardi's wife/agent is currently in London.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:When you understand the coporations strategy for profit optimisation our behaviour in this transfer window is exactly in line with expectations .
Our peers at Chelsea and both the Manchester clubs have spent a lot and are expected to fight over the Top three places
so speculative buying will not be wise.
There might be a scrap for 4th even with the foxes ,red sea pedestirans and klippity klopps liverpool making a bid too .
Given this scenario it is wise to spend only moderatly and we can bank more of that lovely cash which will cushion the blow if we fail to come 4th..
Its not insane its perfectly rational chums !

why is this considered to be acceptable though?

Herd

Post by Herd »

why is this considered to be acceptable though?
Arsenal is a corporation ,maximisation of profits and cashbuilding is what it's all about man !

We USED to be a football club ! :barscarf: