The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by DB10GOONER »

The moment reality dawns and a player realises his career is effectively over....

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:With Metersucker out for up to a reported 5 months, big question is will he buy a CB...... :rubchin:

No way a given that he will, he might look at Chambers or Holding in that role

That would be the way out that does not involve spending any money

Exciting new season on the way, thanks Wenger
Doubt it..with Chambers, Holding, Gabriel, Koscielny, Debuchy and Monreal all able to cover there is no need. Priority is a striker...

Debouchy will be gone by end of the transfer window (probably sold cheap too :roll: ) and please don't suggest monreal in there again. Holding is totally unproven at this level and chambers seems to have lost confidence of the manager and is a possible candidate for loan move

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:With Metersucker out for up to a reported 5 months, big question is will he buy a CB...... :rubchin:

No way a given that he will, he might look at Chambers or Holding in that role

That would be the way out that does not involve spending any money

Exciting new season on the way, thanks Wenger
Doubt it..with Chambers, Holding, Gabriel, Koscielny, Debuchy and Monreal all able to cover there is no need. Priority is a striker...

Debouchy will be gone by end of the transfer window (probably sold cheap too :roll: ) and please don't suggest monreal in there again. Holding is totally unproven at this level and chambers seems to have lost confidence of the manager and is a possible candidate for loan move
TBH Monreal did okay in there, certainly better than the Cowardly Giraffe. But he is excellent on the left and I never want to see Gibbs out there again so for that reason I'd not want Nacho in the centre.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

So latest rumour today is that we are close to signing Ben Yedder from Toulouse for £8mil. Now this is a rumour that I believe. Everybody asking Wenger to spend big on a striker and we get a cheap French option that West Ham and Sevilla are linked to

We've also been linked to CB Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia quite heavily (Twitter :lol: )

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:So latest rumour today is that we are close to signing Ben Yedder from Toulouse for £8mil. Now this is a rumour that I believe. Everybody asking Wenger to spend big on a striker and we get a cheap French option that West Ham and Sevilla are linked to

We've also been linked to CB Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia quite heavily (Twitter :lol: )
Exciting news! :barscarf: :barscarf: Can't wait to see all the mustafis and yedders from lower tier teams in Arsenal shirt. Happy days. :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

ben yedder, ffs 5.7 shite

this is what gazidis meant when he cited leics picking up players that had been overlooked from french crappy teams.

we have been there done that, failed. it used to work ehen it was untapped.

leics got lucky. for every kante there are 50 sanogos. likewise leics had to shop in that area.

kos eventually devleoped into a good defender (not outstanding) most of the time (in these times of a dearth of good CB's)

wenger is just being cheap. sickens me

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

This season, more than any, offers the greatest incentive for Wenger not to spend, as it could effect how big his shiny new deal will be. He can get away with the 30 million spent on Xhaka, as the arrival of Mourinho and Pep means that generally the bigger teams will be spending more. However, if he starts spending big, in the positions we need, then he will have to explain to kroenke, why we are spending so much. Kroenke wants a top 4 finish, with as little money spent as possible, and Wenger isn't going to rock the boat, especially with a new deal on the line.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Lyon have made an official statement saying they have rejected a bid for Lacazette from us. Doubt we will go back in

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:Lyon have made an official statement saying they have rejected a bid for Lacazette from us. Doubt we will go back in

On SSN they rejected a bid of 29m from us.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

mcdowell42 wrote:
bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:Lyon have made an official statement saying they have rejected a bid for Lacazette from us. Doubt we will go back in

Going to have to bid closer to 40mil to get him I would imagine

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Typical arsenal ,west Ham had a bid of 35m rejected for him,but we thought we could bid 29m for him,now whether he's worth either amount I don't know.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Going to have to bid closer to 40mil to get him I would imagine
That's a "dizzying" price - I'd say a canny £29million + £1 should do it! :barscarf: :lol: :oops:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

mcdowell42 wrote:Typical arsenal ,west Ham had a bid of 35m rejected for him,but we thought we could bid 29m for him,now whether he's worth either amount I don't know.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, so Arsenal.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:Typical arsenal ,west Ham had a bid of 35m rejected for him,but we thought we could bid 29m for him,now whether he's worth either amount I don't know.

The mark schwarzer fiasco from a few years back will live long in the memory - early summer we go in with a bid (think it was 250k) which was rejected, and within the last few weeks of the transfer window we go back with another offer.........of 250k :roll: :oops: :oops: There are no excuses about lack of money or anything else, than can defend how we behaved in those transfer negotiations - cringeworthy and embarrassed doesn't come close to explaining how most Gooners felt at that time :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

bang goes the 0-0 draw wrote:So latest rumour today is that we are close to signing Ben Yedder from Toulouse for £8mil. Now this is a rumour that I believe. Everybody asking Wenger to spend big on a striker and we get a cheap French option that West Ham and Sevilla are linked to

Is this the same Mustafi who played for Germany in Euros? Wouldn't be that bad signing but obviously it won't happen...