The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think it is fantastic that we haven't bought anyone.

there is no hiding place for Wenger this season and by not buying anyone he is just handicapping himself even further. Hilarious!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:I think it is fantastic that we haven't bought anyone.

there is no hiding place for Wenger this season and by not buying anyone he is just handicapping himself even further. Hilarious!
That's wishful thinking, mate. And it won't make any difference to his endless tenure as manager of Arsene PLC. We both know he will deliver the bare minimum to keep Mediocrity Stan happy. And if by some miracle he doesn't? Well, he has done every year for the last 250 years so yippee we will give him a couple more years to get it sorted as he deserves that much from the club that ONLY pays him £8million a year. :roll:

Wash, rinse, repeat. Groundhog season every season until a big old comet hits the planet and fucking kills everyone. :( :roll: :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He's a massively incompetent tosspot and this is the year it all comes crashing down.

markyp

Post by markyp »

how fucking hard is it to buy a player FFS!!! we make it look like rocket science,pick a player make an offer close the deal,how fucking hard is that,players everywhere are moving around,i see Llorente is on his way to Swansea,the deal was only muted 2 days ago and now its done,wasnt he linked with us quite recently?,jesus Christ what is wrong with this club,EVERY FUCKING THING!!!!!!

markyp

Post by markyp »

markyp wrote:how fucking hard is it to buy a player FFS!!! we make it look like rocket science,pick a player make an offer close the deal,how fucking hard is that,players everywhere are moving around,i see Llorente is on his way to Swansea,the deal was only muted 2 days ago and now its done,wasnt he linked with us quite recently?,jesus Christ what is wrong with this club,EVERY FUCKING THING!!!!!!
mind you I don't even know why im ranting and raving,its the same old shit every year,why am I even surprised?!!! FUCK OFF WENKER,FUCK OFF GAZIDIS FUCK OFF WIGGY :banghead:

T.S

Post by T.S »

This was posted on August the 5th 2016 but it could just have easily been from August the 5th 2015 or 2013.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

It bothers me that we seem to be linked with one striker (Lacazette) and one CB (Mustafi). Surely this is a bad strategy for so many reasons. It puts the selling club in a stronger negotiating position and leaves us up the creek if they fall through.

Neither player is so good that we should focus all our efforts on them. There are a number of equally good or better CBs, and other strikers too. Personally, I'm not particularly excited by the prospect of either of them joining.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

markyp wrote:
markyp wrote:how fucking hard is it to buy a player FFS!!! we make it look like rocket science,pick a player make an offer close the deal,how fucking hard is that,players everywhere are moving around,i see Llorente is on his way to Swansea,the deal was only muted 2 days ago and now its done,wasnt he linked with us quite recently?,jesus Christ what is wrong with this club,EVERY FUCKING THING!!!!!!
mind you I don't even know why im ranting and raving,its the same old shit every year,why am I even surprised?!!! FUCK OFF WENKER,FUCK OFF GAZIDIS FUCK OFF WIGGY :banghead:

Absolutely. It's all so fucking predictable. I bet if you asked 100 sensible Arsenal fans to predict the transfer window on 1st June, at least 85 of them would have said it would have gone exactly this way. What confuses me is why we tolerate this fucking shit. At loads of other clubs, the fans would have gone mad by now and it would have been made clear that this is totally unaccepatble. It would be a united front. At our club, there are so many prissy little AKB groups that we end up having to accept this utter shitshow of pathetic unambition. How can that *word censored* in charge be allowed to be so fucking incompetent? Actually, there's no need to answer that question because we all
know that he's carefully and selfishly managed to gain total control over everything at that club.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Still no positivity on the Lacazette transfer. It is still only pre-season,and already our squad looks threadbare. We are going to be humiliated by Citeh on Sunday. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise for the team to be royally rodgered live on national T.V., as it might provoke a response from the dictator and the mob in his bunker. :banghead:

Sean

Post by Sean »

the playing mantis wrote:the gobby pole gone for another season, why not sell the c.unt...oh i know hes on massive wages that no one will pay. bet we are paying 50% at least whilst hes at roma
I hope that egotistical tosser never plays for us again 8)
Clearly TOF never seen the Alec Baldwin scene from Glengarry Glen Ross.

A-B-C. A - Always. B - Be. C - Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING :mrgreen: :rubchin:
GranadaJoe wrote:It bothers me that we seem to be linked with one striker (Lacazette) and one CB (Mustafi). Surely this is a bad strategy for so many reasons. It puts the selling club in a stronger negotiating position and leaves us up the creek if they fall through.

Neither player is so good that we should focus all our efforts on them. There are a number of equally good or better CBs, and other strikers too. Personally, I'm not particularly excited by the prospect of either of them joining.
Watch us dither until the 31st. Even then, it'll be a toss-up that we could sign even one of the two :suicide:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
markyp wrote:

Absolutely. It's all so fucking predictable. I bet if you asked 100 sensible Arsenal fans to predict the transfer window on 1st June, at least 85 of them would have said it would have gone exactly this way. What confuses me is why we tolerate this fucking shit. At loads of other clubs, the fans would have gone mad by now and it would have been made clear that this is totally unaccepatble. It would be a united front. At our club, there are so many prissy little AKB groups that we end up having to accept this utter shitshow of pathetic unambition. How can that *word censored* in charge be allowed to be so fucking incompetent? Actually, there's no need to answer that question because we all
know that he's carefully and selfishly managed to gain total control over everything at that club.
Amen. It's scandalous mismanagement.

I have also found all this bullshit to be entirely predictable, which has stopped me raging about it, other than posting here. I fully expect the 'manager'/club/team to fuck up the transfers and fuck up on the pitch. This is what TOF has reduced us to.

TOF has played a blinder, as his early success allowed him to totally mould the club to his own image, change everything about it other then the name and has made himself unsackable. Nineteen years qualifying for the money league also helps, as well as increasing the share price tenfold for the toffs and fossils who are on the board.

But who else can replace him? :roll:

:suicide:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Lads lads calm down we have iwobi Campbell akpom and cazorlas back look how we destroyed. Vikings
Alls well do we really need another striker ? Even Walcott scored :shock:
The real first test for this team will be city..... :D Let's all sit back and see what happens nemo :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Haven't bothered on here because the writing was on the wall as soon as the season finished - early decent signing to placate the fans, five weeks written off for the euros and then just a case of riding out a few weeks after the euros before we are into the start of the season.

Zero chance of winning the league and I really don't know if I can bring myself to watch that useless, arrogant, talentless, clumsy sack of shit Giroud strut around like he owns the place whilst other clubs have strikers banging in twice as many goals and single-handedly winning them games.

Unless another club suddenly decides that they desperately want to actively sell us (and nobody else) a top class striker for 25m then we might as well kiss this season goodbye already.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

After last night's 8-0 victory over one of Europe's elite who we're now competing with it's clear that there are internal solutions everywhere.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wanka flapping his gums about Ibrahimovic now I see :roll:

The man with a fucking opinion on everything......except the cluster fuck he presides over at Arsenal.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

He doesn't give a fuck. His contract is up at the end of the season,and he will sail off into the sunset with another £8 million in his sky rocket,( plus a probably hefty "thank-you" bonus from his chums). Leaving the place in tatters will make his perceived legacy look more substantial,(just like Fergie did.....and he also got to pick his successor). :banghead: