The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by StuartL »

NickF wrote:According to the Metro:
"Arsenal have secretly been pursuing a move for Antoine Griezmann throughout the summer"

You can imagine how that went:

Wenger: we want to buy Griezmann

Atletico: He has a 100m release clause

Wenger: We'll give you 30m.

:banghead:
I bet nobody had told Griezman we were secretly pursuing him.

MrT

Post by MrT »

In for Lucas Perez from Deportivo apparently. Who? You might ask. A nice cheap and cheerful £17m release clause to move things along quickly and only has one season where he's scored 17 league goals at his peak.

Looks amazing on Youtube tbf, if he's better than Giroud he will do.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Hope there's enough room left in the trolley for Mateo Musacchio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ortlist-o/

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

This Tisserand guy at Monaco can't even get a game for their first team evidently!! All these scouts, millions paid in wages to them, Wonga's unrivalled knowledge of French football and they come up with a reserve Monaco defender? Fucking joke.

Like SteveO I am totally expecting a last minute trolley dash mopping up the dregs from Ligue 2, I honestly can see this window as being equal to the 'Helder and Kiwomya' panic buys from GG's reign. I pray we lose to Watford because at least this season may turn out to be funny.....it certainly won't be successful!! :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We'll need a basket to go with the trolley to pick up all this shit.....Mbemba, lol. He's absolutely fucking woeful :D

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-gossip

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:Hope there's enough room left in the trolley for Mateo Musacchio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ortlist-o/

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

I seen the headline linking us to this guy earlier and my first thought was WHO THE FCUK IS THIS GUY ? :? :?

Is he a real player or are we just making up players now to make it seem that we are trying to buy someone ? :roll:

After spending the last two months yanking his own chain, wenker is now in full "who can I buy" mode and is yet again being linked with manolas :roll: Imagine how this guy feels - the whole summer has passed by and now all of a sudden a sense of desperation has overcome arsenal/arsene and they are now looking at him - how much confidence would it give the guy to feel that he is but a last resort after us being unable to secure other targets :oops: I know I wouldn't sign for a club under those circumstances

NickF

Post by NickF »

MrT wrote:In for Lucas Perez from Deportivo apparently. Who? You might ask. A nice cheap and cheerful £17m release clause to move things along quickly and only has one season where he's scored 17 league goals at his peak.

Saw this one last night. According to his wikipedia page last season:

" On 12 December, he took his season tally to 11 goals in only 15 games"

After that he scored 6 is the remain 21 games. Remind you of anyone? :D

Seriously though what is with Arsenal and penny-pinching?
We go for Vardy (20m release), then we target Mustafi as Valencia are in FFP trouble and now Perez (17m release).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
MrT wrote:In for Lucas Perez from Deportivo apparently. Who? You might ask. A nice cheap and cheerful £17m release clause to move things along quickly and only has one season where he's scored 17 league goals at his peak.

Saw this one last night. According to his wikipedia page last season:

" On 12 December, he took his season tally to 11 goals in only 15 games"

After that he scored 6 is the remain 21 games. Remind you of anyone? :D

Seriously though what is with Arsenal and penny-pinching?
We go for Vardy (20m release), then we target Mustafi as Valencia are in FFP trouble and now Perez (17m release).
There's a pattern there. Wenger is working his way down to finding a player with that magical £5million release clause. And then he'll offer £4.8million. :lol: :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Mateo Musacchio?????????

Lucas Perez??????????

Marcel Tisserand?????????

When Gazidis said we can compete with Bayern he meant Leverkusen didn't he? :banghead:

NBM

Post by NBM »

rodders999 wrote:Mateo Musacchio?????????

Lucas Perez??????????

Marcel Tisserand?????????

When Gazidis said we can compete with Bayern he meant Leverkusen didn't he? :banghead:
I'm assuming he meant these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Bayern_Alzenau

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Nowt going on in here then VERY DISAPPOINTING :x :x

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:This Tisserand guy at Monaco can't even get a game for their first team evidently!! All these scouts, millions paid in wages to them, Wonga's unrivalled knowledge of French football and they come up with a reserve Monaco defender? Fucking joke.

Like SteveO I am totally expecting a last minute trolley dash mopping up the dregs from Ligue 2, I honestly can see this window as being equal to the 'Helder and Kiwomya' panic buys from GG's reign. I pray we lose to Watford because at least this season may turn out to be funny.....it certainly won't be successful!! :roll:
whats the point anyway, the wanker will only play them out of position or in a formation that does not suit, think Sanchez is now going downhill because of this tactical idiot

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-gossip

TO1AW about to repeat the Jenkinson mistake when he let him leave on loan after Vermaelen and Miquel were sold in the space of a week and we were down to the bones

Honest to fucking god, regardless of what you might think of Chambers would you be loaning him out when we have a maximum of 3 centre halves fit???

When we do eventually sign one of these useless fuckwits like Evans, or worse still Mbemba, they will no doubt get injured and it will be Holding and Koscielny with Coquelin for cover !

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

I suspect he is in line for a very big back ended bonus at the end of his 20th season after which he will take the money and therefore not spend anymore.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He's signing nothing.....apart from his own death warrant.

This poster is absolutely LOVING IT :barscarf: