The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Is it time for a Jan Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by g88ner »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
armchair wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:I'm sat here watching Bayern v Wolfsburg...
Lewandowski came on as a HT sub (Pep doesn't like suing with proper number 9s). Bayern 1-0 down to title rivals Wolfsburg.
He managed a hat-trick inside 5 minutes. Better still, he managed 5 goals in 7 minutes. One of them a ridiculous bicycle kick. When his agent piped up over summer a bid of £45m shoulda gone in. He's worth every penny FFS.
Still, he's no Giroud :roll: :barscarf:
I'd have been amazed if Bayern had sold him. I'd also be amazed if he genuinely was for sale that Man Utd weren't interested either.

Seems far fetched to me. He only joined Bayern a year ago.
Are you suggesting he wasnt "available".?
:rubchin: :D
I think so! Yup, no top players are ever sold so what's the point in bidding eh?
I mean let's ignore that he started their biggest domestic league game of the season on the bench, showing how highly Pep rates him. :rubchin:
You don't ask, you don't get. How many times did Monaco repeat Martial wasn't for sale? Chelsea bid for him.
How many times did Bayern say Keoos would be made to see out his contract? How many times did Wolfsburg claim De Bruyne (player of the year in the Bundesliga and at a wealthy club) wouldn't be sold? Pleeeease.
Yeah, maybe. No idea if he was available or not to be honest. Also no idea if we inquired or not.

I suppose with the lack of evidence, I guess you have to give Arsenal the benefit of the doubt on that one.

If he was available though, it's odd United didn't want him. :?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

armchair

Post by armchair »

g88ner wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
armchair wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:I'm sat here watching Bayern v Wolfsburg...
Lewandowski came on as a HT sub (Pep doesn't like suing with proper number 9s). Bayern 1-0 down to title rivals Wolfsburg.
He managed a hat-trick inside 5 minutes. Better still, he managed 5 goals in 7 minutes. One of them a ridiculous bicycle kick. When his agent piped up over summer a bid of £45m shoulda gone in. He's worth every penny FFS.
Still, he's no Giroud :roll: :barscarf:
I'd have been amazed if Bayern had sold him. I'd also be amazed if he genuinely was for sale that Man Utd weren't interested either.

Seems far fetched to me. He only joined Bayern a year ago.
Are you suggesting he wasnt "available".?
:rubchin: :D
I think so! Yup, no top players are ever sold so what's the point in bidding eh?
I mean let's ignore that he started their biggest domestic league game of the season on the bench, showing how highly Pep rates him. :rubchin:
You don't ask, you don't get. How many times did Monaco repeat Martial wasn't for sale? Chelsea bid for him.
How many times did Bayern say Keoos would be made to see out his contract? How many times did Wolfsburg claim De Bruyne (player of the year in the Bundesliga and at a wealthy club) wouldn't be sold? Pleeeease.
Yeah, maybe. No idea if he was available or not to be honest. Also no idea if we inquired or not.

I suppose with the lack of evidence, I guess you have to give Arsenal the benefit of the doubt on that one.

If he was available though, it's odd United didn't want him. :?
Unfortunately mate theres plenty of "evidence" from past failures to strengthen, missed opportunities and calamitous transfer windows to NOT give Wenger the "benefit of the doubt" :|

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Is it time for a Jan Transfer Window Thread Yet?
No, lets get the self harmers ball over with first :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is just when the next window opens so Coq and Jack will be ready to come back... :roll: :? :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

" Is it time for a Jan Transfer Window Thread Yet? "

You can start one whenever you like but it'll make no difference to the pratt in charge.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nobody is available in January, and it's always a difficult Summer market when the Euros or World Cup are on

That sums up the whole 2016 transfer market scene for us

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

You mean there's a transfer window for Arsenal Football Club?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Is the january transfer window over yet? Feels like it is...

Herd

Post by Herd »

Apparantly we are considering a bid for the french star in the making Alex Craiment !

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Also apparently in for Lavezzi. Never liked him though.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Benzenma allegedly "fed up" of constantly being substituted at Real Madrid. Is it time resurrect this thread as a sticky?

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Nos89 wrote:Benzenma allegedly "fed up" of constantly being substituted at Real Madrid. Is it time resurrect this thread as a sticky?
After humiliating us this summer, I can say with absolute certainty that....

Benzema isn't coming....
:barscarf: :barscarf:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

This might come out of left field but...right now, the player I would most like Arsenak to sign for the number 9 position is Sadio Mane of Southampton :shock:
Hear me out: did you see him rinse out Terry and Cahill last week?
I still remember him absolutely destroying Mertesacker (not hard I know lol) last Xmas period at St Mary's.
He's run Manu ragged on several occasions also.

It's not a one-off either. He's got mad pace, he's super-strong and aggressive as hell. He's a nightmare for defenders severely underrated. I'd bid £25m for him in Jan and Soton will sell.
Ah hold on actually....didn't Koeman say he wouldn't sell him 2 months ago? That means we can't buy him. Unless we pay "special money" :lol: :roll:

Fuck Nolito. Another lightweight, tippy-tappy half number 10 that's having a purple patch. But hey he's cheap at £12m so he's definitely coming :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Quite why a club with £200m is shopping at Aldi is beyond me.

augie

Post by augie »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:This might come out of left field but...right now, the player I would most like Arsenak to sign for the number 9 position is Sadio Mane of Southampton :shock:
Hear me out: did you see him rinse out Terry and Cahill last week?
I still remember him absolutely destroying Mertesacker (not hard I know lol) last Xmas period at St Mary's.
He's run Manu ragged on several occasions also.

It's not a one-off either. He's got mad pace, he's super-strong and aggressive as hell. He's a nightmare for defenders severely underrated. I'd bid £25m for him in Jan and Soton will sell.
Ah hold on actually....didn't Koeman say he wouldn't sell him 2 months ago? That means we can't buy him. Unless we pay "special money" :lol: :roll:

Fuck Nolito. Another lightweight, tippy-tappy half number 10 that's having a purple patch. But hey he's cheap at £12m so he's definitely coming :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Quite why a club with £200m is shopping at Aldi is beyond me.

Didn't you already refer to the fact that the chavs have conceded 3 goals in a few games already this season, so isn't it fair to say that a few strikers have "rinsed out" the chav defence this season ? Fact is that until I see mane set the world alight for a sustained period of time, I will always view him as the next gervino :roll: