LEICESTER AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sauberlime

Re: LEICESTER AWAY

Post by sauberlime »

Enjoyed it as well! I hope to find a reply somewhere online too. Image

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:Only seen motd highlights, but I have to say that I am getting more and more concerned that cech is not going to work out for us :o
Just watched motd and I can't see much fault in cech's performance. Not sure how he could've saved either goal, good finish from vardy for both, although the 2nd was a concern about the defence with the space and time he was given to place the shot. Laughable someone blaming Ramsey for not giving enough cover for bellerin for the first as Ramsey was fouled in the box and bellerin was 30 yards away when vardy got the ball. Great performance, I love it when teams try and play us at football.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

donaldo71 wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:And I think Wally has done enough to continue keeping the starting striker role. He certainly misses some sitters, but you can't argue with his goal scoring record when starting.
He took one chance in 8 yesterday.You cant keep missing chances he does against better opposition.A world class striker would have at least 8 league goals so far this season the chances we have created and missed so far
:lol: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Apparently an awesome second half performance and enjoyed watching MOTD too. Silly of them to try and outplay us.

Mertesacker looked to be running through treacle again. When The ball is played to Vardy for the first you couldn't see how he could score without having to beat his man but Mertesacker is so slow. Likewise a nice piece of back-turning for the second. Gabriel back in please.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Ray C wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:And I think Wally has done enough to continue keeping the starting striker role. He certainly misses some sitters, but you can't argue with his goal scoring record when starting.
He took one chance in 8 yesterday.You cant keep missing chances he does against better opposition.A world class striker would have at least 8 league goals so far this season the chances we have created and missed so far

The problem with Theo and Giroud is that they are both so one-dimensional. Theo looked good because he regularly had 20 or 30 yards of space to run into. Against a team that sits back he struggles. Giroud seems to have been getting slower and lazier and he's not even doing the holding up / linking job that's he's supposed to be good at.

They are poor options to have to choose from, but I'd be tempted to stick with Wally for a bit, as at least his movement can create space for others.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Ray C wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:

The problem with Theo and Giroud is that they are both so one-dimensional. Theo looked good because he regularly had 20 or 30 yards of space to run into. Against a team that sits back he struggles. Giroud seems to have been getting slower and lazier and he's not even doing the holding up / linking job that's he's supposed to be good at.

They are poor options to have to choose from, but I'd be tempted to stick with Wally for a bit, as at least his movement can create space for others.
Agreed. Two poor options to choose between but those are what we have and at the moment I'd choose Walcott. As you say both of them are one-dimensional and both are prone to being completely and utterly ineffective, but at least Walcott has a decent scoring rate when he starts there.

Giroud is getting worse and worse and hopefully a prolonged period on the bench will knock some fucking motivation into him.

Sorry state of affairs.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
augie wrote:Only seen motd highlights, but I have to say that I am getting more and more concerned that cech is not going to work out for us :o
Just watched motd and I can't see much fault in cech's performance. Not sure how he could've saved either goal, good finish from vardy for both, although the 2nd was a concern about the defence with the space and time he was given to place the shot. Laughable someone blaming Ramsey for not giving enough cover for bellerin for the first as Ramsey was fouled in the box and bellerin was 30 yards away when vardy got the ball. Great performance, I love it when teams try and play us at football.

In the first half a ball was crossed into our 6 yd box and a Leicester player (vardy I think) had a free header and he should really have scored from it - yes both kos and monreal went to sleep on the cross (again), but you cannot ignore the fact that the ball was crossed into the 6yd box and our keeper was static.
Fast forward to their second goal and you will see an almost carbon copy of it - again it was from a cross that he should have come for but on this occasion he was able to scramble it off the line. I know that vardy scored anyway, and I not blaming him for not saving the shot, but for a big fcuker cech really needs to start dominating his area cos right now we are suffering in that aspect of play. It seems to me that kos is the easiest centre back to run off in the entire league, cos opposition players are continually losing him with a bit of movement - time and time again he looks to be caught ball watching from opposition crosses and clearly himself and monreal need to communicate more

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arteta described as having a slight muscular strain......poor sods knackered from Saturdays game......understandable

Hes a decent fella though

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:Arteta described as having a slight muscular strain......poor sods knackered from Saturdays game......understandable

Hes a decent fella though
So was Pascal Cygan (aka: The Gentle Giant with 3 left feet) :D :wink:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Agree about Mertesacker. When are Arsenal defenders going to stop turning around, instead of facing shots, ie trying to put a block in. How tall is he FFS!!! As long as its not Chambers everytime he tries something the ball ends up with Mr OG on the score sheet.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Gabriel needs to be starting with Kos every game other than FA Cup or Mickey Cup games.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

How about Kos as defensive midfielder with Mert /Gabby atthe back. Only joking !
2 - 0 to us. :barscarf: :barscarf: