Rodgers sacked.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Top Londoner

Re: Rodgers sacked.

Post by Top Londoner »

Klopp it is then.
Some of his quotes.

On Borussia Dortmund’s rivalry with Bayern Munich: ‘We have a bow and arrow and if we aim well, we can hit the target. The problem is that Bayern has a bazooka. The probability that they will hit the target is clearly higher. But then Robin Hood was apparently quite successful.’ 

On defender Mats Hummels suffering a long lay-off: ‘We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her husband who is in jail.’ 

On Hummels being linked with Manchester United: ‘If that’s not a bulls*** story, I’ll eat a broomstick!’ 

On Arsene Wenger: ‘He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. I like heavy metal.’ 

On his playing career: ‘I never succeeded in bringing to the field what was going on in my brain. I had the talent for the fifth division, and the mind for the Bundesliga. The result was a career in the second division.’ 

On defeat in the 2013 Champions League final: ‘The only thing I can say is that it was great. London is the town of the Olympic Games. The weather was good, everything is OK. Only the result is s***.’ 

After beating Bayern Munich in 2011: ‘When Dortmund last won here 19 years ago, most of my players were still being breast-fed.

WENGER OUT

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I see it hasn't taken very long for Marco Reus to openly claim he would love to work with Klopp again, and that Pool is a possible option. I'd laugh if he ended up there.... :shock:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I fail to see what there'd be to laugh about if those murdering bastards finally got a top class manager who can attract world class players

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:I fail to see what there'd be to laugh about if those murdering bastards finally got a top class manager who can attract world class players
Agreed. It'd just be funny to see Reus rock up there as we still watched Theo and Giroud (who collectively aren't half a Reus)... :oops:

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Gutted if Klopp goes to Liverpool which I think he will. With him Liverpool will have a manager who is ambitious, passionate and a winner while on the other hand we have a pusssy loser who sits there everytime like he's taking a dump.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

defleppardisking wrote:Gutted if Klopp goes to Liverpool which I think he will. With him Liverpool will have a manager who is ambitious, passionate and a winner while on the other hand we have a pusssy loser who sits there everytime like he's taking a dump.
I agree his appointment could make them great again :(

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

falkirk goon wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:Gutted if Klopp goes to Liverpool which I think he will. With him Liverpool will have a manager who is ambitious, passionate and a winner while on the other hand we have a pusssy loser who sits there everytime like he's taking a dump.
I agree his appointment could make them great again :(
He could be the one who will win them the league and kick us out of Europe.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Till the day Liverpool stop being a selling club. Klopp won't achieve fuck all. That's why the grinning fucker left Dortmund he was fed up selling his best players to Munich every season. Also i can't see him being to happy with the Henry owners poking their noses in all the time.

For me he is going to be another Mourinho. Everything will be rosy for a while and then a few bad results, and he will be bitching and whining about refs, fellow managers and opposing players and he's team isn't getting any decisions or penalties.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

The more decent managers that go to our rivals will lead to Wenger's exit

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:The more decent managers that go to our rivals will lead to Wenger's exit

what like Mourinho and Van Gaal? :lol: :lol: One is as deluded as Wenger and the other spunked £200m on players and they are still shite. :D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:For me he is going to be another Mourinho. Everything will be rosy for a while and then a few bad results, and he will be bitching and whining about refs, fellow managers and opposing players and he's team isn't getting any decisions or penalties.
I hope not as I like the bloke, but I expect their victim mentality to overcome him unfortunately

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:The more decent managers that go to our rivals will lead to Wenger's exit
LOL. Mate I wish you were right. Sadly, even the ghost of Rinus Michels and Arrigo Sacchi joining our rivals wouldn't affect Le Tool.
So long as he's making that moolah for Red Action's favourite bum-chum, (Kroenke) then nothing will change. FFS this is the guy who was showing off to journos on Thursday last week how he was the only manager to have beaten Leicester.

Leicester FFS. :oops:

If 8-2 followed by 6-0, 5-1, 6-3 all in the same season won't flush this turd....

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Its going to be quite interesting if he is appointed with all the AKBs wanting him to fail to show TINA (there is no alternative) and all the AKBs wanting him to succeed (but not really) to show that it is possible to recruit a good manager if clueless goes.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I see him improving Liverpool, but not straightaway. He will likely want time to instill his brand as well as bringing in his own players which will take time. Liverpool will likely finish in Europa League spots this year with a view on overtaking someone in the top 4 which won't be Arsenal - most probably, Man United.

I like Klopp and think that he would have done very well here considering that it wouldn't be a stretch to see us playing in the Dortmund way. Witnessing us pressing and breaking with speed for 3 quickfire goals left me thinking, this is what Klopp would do for Arsenal. It's a pity that that will be yet another false dawn before we resort to complacency mode against Watford.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Klopp won't improve Liverpoo immediately because they have a shit squad overall. But if he gets the kind of money Rodgers has spunked in the short time he was there I really do think Klopp will make the scousers serious challengers again. Klopp is a very good young manager who will only get better. By the time Arsenal are looking for a new manager, Klopp will probably be managing Barca or Madrid!