Rodgers sacked.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Rodgers sacked.

Post by officepest »

Just heard on the radio that Brendan Rodgers has been sacked. :lol:

SteveO 35

Re: Rodgers sacked.

Post by SteveO 35 »

Board fire under performing manager

Who would have thought it eh ? :D

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Jose next please

officepest

Post by officepest »

SteveO 35 wrote:Board fire under performing manager

Who would have thought it eh ? :D
Hill-Wood should have a word; it's just not the done thing, old bean.

markyp

Post by markyp »

don't think he was sacked,sky say he walked,that is bad news cos it now means Klopp will walk in turn them around and make them a force and blow us away :cry:

officepest

Post by officepest »

If I had any spare dosh I'd bang it all down on Klopp being their next gaffer.

markyp

Post by markyp »

markyp wrote:don't think he was sacked,sky say he walked,that is bad news cos it now means Klopp will walk in turn them around and make them a force and blow us away :cry:
I stand corrected,hes been sacked,now for Arsene :D

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Knew he would be first. Advocaat doesnt count.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

So that's one Wenger replacement off the shelf with Klopp odds on to join.
Remember this is a manager that almost won the league just 2 seasons ago. Board at Liverpool don't seem content to just chug along, weird that... :rubchin:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

be careful what you wish for :barscarf: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:don't think he was sacked,sky say he walked,that is bad news cos it now means Klopp will walk in turn them around and make them a force and blow us away :cry:

Has to be a major concern for us all - klopp is made for a club like them (and us) and he will be another possible wenker replacement gone off the shelf :cry: :cry: :cry:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:

Has to be a major concern for us all - klopp is made for a club like them (and us) and he will be another possible wenker replacement gone off the shelf :cry: :cry: :cry:
I knew deep down Klopp would never manage Arsenal ... but while it remained a possibility it was an exciting thing to think about.

I am sure that we saw today in terms of drive and tempo would be a regular thing under a passionate manager like Klopp but if he gets the Liverpool job - which he surely will - the dream of him ever managing us will be over.

FFS :banghead:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

It's really curious the Arsenal situation. If you look at Rodgers who's just been sacked, then using AKB logic you see the following:

1. He almost won the league just 2 seasons ago with a squad that cost far less to assemble than Citeh/Chelski/ManYoo/Arsenal
2. He has 2nd highest win percentage of any PL Liverpool manager
3. He has the 5th/6th largest wage bill and is finishing...5th/6th

I'll also ignore that his team came to the Emirates and outplayed us just a few weeks ago...

Liverpool have seen how mediocre the club is doing, they've seen an opportunity for a better available manager to take over and they've got rid. What makes it even more gutting as an Arsenal fan is that like Arsenal, Liverpool is run by greedy Yanks - but they seem to actually have some ambition?!

Clash

Post by Clash »

I heard Henry on Sky talking about the American owners of Liverpool and saying they do not understand football and are only interested in the Liverpool brand.

He's probably right but I wont hold my breath waiting for him to come out and say the same thing about Kroenke :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The disappointing thing about Rodger's sacking is that it will, most likely, make Liverpool a better team in time.