shocking club photo

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: shocking club photo

Post by BFG4 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:This is an example of the modern day trend of being offended by everything, and the PC brigade have now resorted to looking up old photos in order to be offended, really pathetic.
it seems to me you and redarmy are the only ones offended here :|

thought it was shocking, but ultimately harmless and a sign of the times - what about an SS uniform says christmas anyway? :lol:
You started a thread based on the photo so you obviously had an issue with it. I was merely pointing out that it's silly to be bringing up(as you put it) a harmless photo from 1982, but anyway glad we are both not offended by it :)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

why does one have to have issue with something for it to be worth a post :shock:

it was supposed to be a fun thread to have a laugh. although I will contest the general notion here that dressing as a nazi and throwing up a salute in a christmas party is fun banter. not in 1938, not in 1982, and not now. oh well, lets wrap this thread up anyway - theres children dying on beaches somewhere apparently :roll: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:why does one have to have issue with something for it to be worth a post :shock:

it was supposed to be a fun thread to have a laugh. although I will contest the general notion here that dressing as a nazi and throwing up a salute in a christmas party is fun banter. not in 1938, not in 1982, and not now. oh well, lets wrap this thread up anyway - theres children dying on beaches somewhere apparently :roll: :wink:
History lesson for you, Charlie Chaplin, The great Dictator filmed 1940, amusing little film disarming facism through comedy
Off course been replicated many times famously by Mel Brooks

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:This is an example of the modern day trend of being offended by everything, and the PC brigade have now resorted to looking up old photos in order to be offended, really pathetic.

Thats what I'm saying agree with that :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

thought it was shocking, but ultimately harmless and a sign of the times - what about an SS uniform says christmas anyway? :lol:
Yes not too my taste but then again I'm not offended or "Shocked" by it
Anyone with half a brain can see its meant to be comical teamed up with the Freddie Starr Wellington boots

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

officepest wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Think you are the mug trying to make something out of nothing.....harmless photo

sure theres a job as a diversity officer waiting for you somewhere
Good Lord…

I’m going to recap s l o w l y just for you. Norris posts a “shocking” picture; you asked what was shocking, to which I replied that dressing as a Nazi might be a bit off. At no point have I lost my shit and demanded heads roll.

I was merely pointing out what might be seen as off-colour, but you’ve reacted as if I’m Simon Wiesenthal on some crusade.

Does your carer know you’ve accessed the internet again?
As on my latest post anyone with half a brain can see its meant to be comical, teamed up with the Freddie Starr Wellington Boots
apparently you don't qualify

Sending up Facism via film has been around since 1940 with Charlie Chaplins the Great Dictator

I stand by what i have said, not sure about the Slowly/care stuff think that probably applies to yourself if you still don't get it.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

officepest wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Think you are the mug trying to make something out of nothing.....harmless photo

sure theres a job as a diversity officer waiting for you somewhere
Good Lord…

I’m going to recap s l o w l y just for you. Norris posts a “shocking” picture; you asked what was shocking, to which I replied that dressing as a Nazi might be a bit off. At no point have I lost my shit and demanded heads roll.

I was merely pointing out what might be seen as off-colour, but you’ve reacted as if I’m Simon Wiesenthal on some crusade.

Does your carer know you’ve accessed the internet again?
As on my latest post anyone with half a brain can see its meant to be comical, teamed up with the Freddie Starr Wellington Boots
apparently you don't qualify

Sending up Facism via film has been around since 1940 with Charlie Chaplins the Great Dictator

I stand by what i have said, not sure about the Slowly/care stuff think that probably applies to yourself if you still don't get it.....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

Yes not too my taste but then again I'm not offended or "Shocked" by it
Anyone with half a brain can see its meant to be comical teamed up with the Freddie Starr Wellington boots

Well if I managed to see it.........

armchair

Post by armchair »

armchair

Post by armchair »

Redarmy wrote:History lesson for you, Charlie Chaplin, The great Dictator filmed 1940, amusing little film disarming facism through comedy
Ah yes, "Springtime for Hitler and Germany" :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

I find calling other posters pathetic just because they have a different view point really rather offensive.

I feel the urge to write a strongly worded letter

Herd

Post by Herd »

armchair wrote:
Redarmy wrote:History lesson for you, Charlie Chaplin, The great Dictator filmed 1940, amusing little film disarming facism through comedy
Ah yes, "Springtime for Hitler and Germany" :barscarf:

Hilarious and of course written directed and acted by a Jew ,the wonderful Mr Brooks .

'Stormclouds for Poland and France !'

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

armchair wrote:Image
The crossing of the shoulder before the hand comes out might indicate a Roman salute rather than a Nazi salute. Of course it could be a secret code for rapists. Or not. Allegedly. >cough< And so forth.

:shock:

I'm KIDDING!! Calm fucking down bitches. :lol: :roll: :wink: :wink:

armchair

Post by armchair »

I find this photo much more shocking. Upsetting actually. :(
Shows how much we have progressed under this manager.............

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Oh dear oh dear, why do people get offended about what was evidently lads banter less than 40 years after the mother or grandmother of all wars- remember these lads were bought up less than 10 to 20 years after the war, some still in rations, their parents were in all likelihood involved in some horrific things - the perspective has changed massively FFS, no one famous would be likely to pose like that these days, no one would have hair like Alan Sunderlands now, no one would wear shorts like they used to. Lifes changed, and to judge their attitudes etc based on a photo is a little sad.

What no one else has commented on is a lack of the 3 coloured Arsenal players of that time, two were not fringe players, Davis and Whyte and Meade was handy too, yet they werent there- that for me is relatively more upsetting, but similarly a sign of the times. There is no way that a photo of Arsenal lads parties for at least the last 20 years would lack our coloured players, no way. Shows how things have changed for the better in many ways, though worsened in loads, bet their beer was only 20p a pint if that :oops: