Cech's a Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Cech's a Gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Just like to thank the chavs for gifting us with a world class goalkeeper in his prime.

Despite being culpable for our loss vs West Ham, Cech has proven himself as a worthy Arsenal goalkeeper and more than made up since. Last night, another solid performance from the great man.

Definitely happy to put him up there with Spunky and Lehman. I almost forgot what it was like to have safe hands in front of goal!

Cech was one of the last off the pitch last night, he seems to be loving being a gooner.

casgooner

Re: Cech's a Gooner

Post by casgooner »

Great saves from Chech. I wondered how he might feel seeing the goalie who usurped him sidelined. He would be in the sticks for Chelsea right now. Anyway, we got him, no going back. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

quality

only took wenger nearly a decade to replace lehman :barscarf:

markmark64

Post by markmark64 »

just as good as nicking Pat Jennings back in the 70s

markyp

Post by markyp »

lets hope he continues with this form,i couldn't believe the bashing he'd been getting on here,ffs he's rusty,give him a chance.last night he showed just why we paid all that Wonga for him,could you imagine the score line last night with any other of our calamity keepers of previous seasons keeping sticks :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fuck off back to Chelsea - absolutely fucking dog shite yet again

Cost us more points than he's won, let alone this mythical 10 point difference he was going to make

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:Fuck off back to Chelsea - absolutely fucking dog shite yet again

Cost us more points than he's won, let alone this mythical 10 point difference he was going to make
Don't agree by a long shot. He's had more good games than bad, and on a good few occasions when the Big German Vagina, BrainFart Kos and Kick It Wildly Gab have fucked things up royally in front of him, he has saved the day. He's not the best keeper in the PL anymore but he's miles and miles better than Chesney, Ospina, Almunia, Flappy, Manone etc etc.

But then, should we be looking for better? You bet. Same as with Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott, BGV, Gab, Welbeck - all average or shite and all should be replaced.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Every keeper will make the odd mistake over the course of a season and the bloke does have presence.

That said he has a real issue getting down to shots - West Ham home, Palace home, yesterday and probably Liverpool away all spring to mind for a start.

Then again the bloke is obviously past his prime.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

after 37 games last year we had conceded 35 goals.
after 37 goals this year we have conceded 35 goals.

nothing ever changes at this club :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He's conceding the exact same goal game after game, beaten by a daisy cutter at his near post. :banghead:

You'll notice at Swansea that you no longer see Flappy rushing off his line like he used to constantly do with us. Cech, who after a decade of never doing it with Chelsea, is now plodding around outside his box EVERY SINGLE GAME!

A complete and utter lack of basic training across every position at Groundhog FC :roll:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

I would only pick DeGea ahead of him.Its amazing how quickly our fans forget the points Cech has won us this season.Just look at the mistakes Lloris and Hart have made recently.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:He's conceding the exact same goal game after game, beaten by a daisy cutter at his near post. :banghead:

You'll notice at Swansea that you no longer see Flappy rushing off his line like he used to constantly do with us. Cech, who after a decade of never doing it with Chelsea, is now plodding around outside his box EVERY SINGLE GAME!

A complete and utter lack of basic training across every position at Groundhog FC :roll:
For me, that shows he has no faith in our current CH's.

The real issue with Cech for me is he was never more than a stop-gap solution. A once great keeper at the butt-end of his career brought in to shore up a shit defence temporarily (probably) until a final decision could be made about Chesney. :roll:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Cech's been player of the season for us (alongside Ozil) and just look at some of the criticism he's getting here now.

Some of you pricks never left the playground did you ahaha :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:after 37 games last year we had conceded 35 goals.
after 37 goals this year we have conceded 35 goals.

nothing ever changes at this club :roll:
Whilst I agree nothing changes, I think you have to look at underlying issues here. You can't just throw out stats at something like this without qualifying them. How many of those goals were directly caused by the shit zonal chaos system at set-pieces, or the BGV turning his cowardly back on a shot he could have blocked, or by Kos or Gab having brain farts and trying to dribble out of a crowded box? I'd venture that almost any keeper would have conceded most of those goals with our defence in front of him (with possibly the exception being the near post daisy cutters which demonstrate that Cech is deffo past his prime).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Robin_L wrote:Cech's been player of the season for us (alongside Ozil) and just look at some of the criticism he's getting here now.

Some of you pricks never left the playground did you ahaha :lol:
That's it for me, Robin. You've been warned before. If you can't hold a debate with people on here without resorting to personal abuse you can take a week's ban and review if this is really the place for you. :roll: