Junior Gunners Membership

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Junior Gunners Membership

Post by nut flush gooner »

I am looking at signing my nephew and niece up as junior gunners. I appreciate the membership is per season but can anyone else who uses Junior Gunners membership for their family shed some light on the perks?

Also is it easy to get tickets for most games. I am not too bothered about Cat A games but want to go to a few matches with them before the end of this season.

Cheers

Theoperator

Re: Junior Gunners Membership

Post by Theoperator »

Its pretty good TBH, £10 tickets in family area, but then getting there yourself isnt easy unless you are a silver member, its hopeless 99% of the time as a red member. tickets elsewhere are I think "usual" price.

Theres also the Junior Gunners section for teens, again a tenner only for certain games.

I guess you can swop your ST with someone who is silver and that makes for a good experience. The family area can be a bit quiet though :|

Oh and you get a member pack- wallet book and lapel badge this year

nut flush gooner

Theoperator wrote:Its pretty good TBH, £10 tickets in family area, but then getting there yourself isnt easy unless you are a silver member, its hopeless 99% of the time as a red member. tickets elsewhere are I think "usual" price.

Theres also the Junior Gunners section for teens, again a tenner only for certain games.

I guess you can swop your ST with someone who is silver and that makes for a good experience. The family area can be a bit quiet though :|

Oh and you get a member pack- wallet book and lapel badge this year
I have 2 season tickets, plus a dormant silver membership that I can activate at any time because I am a bondholder. I don't mind using this as long as I can get tickets for the kids. £10 for a cat c game is very reasonable, I am not sure introducing them to a NLD for example would be a good idea given how intensive and intimidating the atmosphere might be for kids.

What about other perks, I see you can get an arsenal tour which pretty much returns the cost of the membership? It says direct debit payments and I hope this is annual rather than monthly, otherwise it is expensive!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

yeah its annual, IIRC all matches ab or c are a tenner actually, its one thing that AFC do well, and TBF always done well, recognising that they are the future ST holders, being cynical :D .

I wouldnt be too worried even about a NLD, as I say its pretty quiet in the family area and the opposing fans sit at sort of opposite ends of the Clock end as you know to the family area, and the goal netting hides/ absorbs their fans high pitched wail :wink: the ST holders in the clock end are above and to the right so you wont get too much intense atmosphere, you could try the citeh match first maybe :D

I was once a junior gunner, think I still have a few of the mags from those days in the attic :oops: even got a Pat Rice autograph when he was a player :oops:

There are other potential perks like draws for free tickets , an area on Pravda and they could end up as a mascot though that must be rare as there are a lot of JGs I suspect.

They used to progress JG... Cannon club then silver but think that route is probably closed.

Incidentally I am not sure but does your reactivated silver from Bond holder allow you to book tickets wherever or does it have to be by postal application. I am not sure you can use a silver bondholder to book seats online at the same time as a JG- others will know I am sure.

nut flush gooner

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I will probably sign up this week and look at some games around christmas time.

My silver membership is like anyone else's and is managed on line, just that because I am a bondholder if I don't renew it doesn't mean I go to the bottom of a waiting list. This also goes for getting another season ticket, bondholders have the right to jump any waiting lists.

This is just about the last perk remaining for the old bonds. They probably don't retain any value these days. When we where at highbury they where trading for 3 or 4 times face value.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

it used to be (back in the day) that junior gunner and then cannon club membership turned into silver membership? anyone know if this is still the case?

Not even sure cannon club is still going

nut flush gooner

BournemouthRED wrote:it used to be (back in the day) that junior gunner and then cannon club membership turned into silver membership? anyone know if this is still the case?

When I saw you at the globe last season but one, I thought you where a junior gunner still ;).

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Yes Cannon is still going - 2 late teen kids on it now, not at all sure that it progresses to silver though, I fear not :|

I honestly would recommend JG membership 100%- it gets them into supporting the Arsenal, gives them great memories of going to matches seeing the great Alexis and other legends that no one can take away and keeps them away from supporting whatever team that gets the 3 places ahead of us each season :oops:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

nut flush gooner wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote:it used to be (back in the day) that junior gunner and then cannon club membership turned into silver membership? anyone know if this is still the case?

When I saw you at the globe last season but one, I thought you where a junior gunner still ;).

ohhhh thats what you kept giving me sweets :lol:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

BournemouthRED wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
BournemouthRED wrote: Not even sure cannon club is still going

and THAT is why you want to change your user ID to - Bournemouthredlikesnutflushessweets :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Had my eldest daughter signed up for a few years as a jg - she enjoyed the membership pack which arrived each year.

Managed to get us tickets relatively easily in the family enclosure for most cat B / C matches.

Perks - she got invited to the JG Xmas party one year, meeting all the players. She also got to be a flag bearer at the Ipswich carling cup semi.

:barscarf:

Do it mate they will be forever grateful.

nut flush gooner

BournemouthRED wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I wouldn't give any kid my sweets! Drink your pop and be happy with it !

nut flush gooner

StuartL wrote:Had my eldest daughter signed up for a few years as a jg - she enjoyed the membership pack which arrived each year.

Managed to get us tickets relatively easily in the family enclosure for most cat B / C matches.

Perks - she got invited to the JG Xmas party one year, meeting all the players. She also got to be a flag bearer at the Ipswich carling cup semi.

:barscarf:

Do it mate they will be forever grateful.
For what you get it does seem good value for money. I am in the process of renewing my silver bond membership, which for some reason involves completion of a form. Once that is done, I will sign them up immediately. They are 10 and 7 respectively and already gooners, but its a good time for them to see a live game to really get the bug. We are playing some of our best football in years at the moment.

Also tagging the junior gunners membership with a silver, means pretty much every game is accessible if we are quick. I work from home so can always be at my pc when games go on sale.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Sat in the Family Enclosure for the first time with my daughter for the United game. Being a ST holder they move you from your seat so you can sit next to your kids for obvious reasons, which is good so at least you can all sit together.
However, what I did notice was the amount of adults sitting there, certainly outnumbering the kids.
So i'm thinking, the crafty fuckers are buying/using their kids/grandkids memberships and sitting there for a fraction of the price of a normal ticket. Certainly, no one checks the memberships going in or who's sitting where, do they.................. :wink:

Aquaracer1

Post by Aquaracer1 »

Theoperator wrote:Yes Cannon is still going - 2 late teen kids on it now, not at all sure that it progresses to silver though, I fear not :|

I honestly would recommend JG membership 100%- it gets them into supporting the Arsenal, gives them great memories of going to matches seeing the great Alexis and other legends that no one can take away and keeps them away from supporting whatever team that gets the 3 places ahead of us each season :oops:
Yes it progress to silver then it will start costing you :banghead: