league cup last 16 v sheff wed

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: league cup last 16 v sheff wed

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ospina is out injured and won't play in this game.bfg is available.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:We are taking 5000 fans up there. Very good for a midweek worthless cup game. I wonder how many peeps are using this game for one of the magic 3 away credits!

Incredible support midweek in Sheffield :barscarf:

As for the game will have too much for Wednesday methinks........

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

What pub are people heading to near the ground?

Trying to plan my route and where to park.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Incredible away support for a midweek League Cup tie , hope we have too much for them but saw them on TV last week and they have an incredible work rate.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Looks like some of the kids will be getting a game as they've been promoted to the first team training this week.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Would like to see Zelalam play.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Would like to see Zelalam play.
Then tune in to Scottish football. :lol: He's been on loan at Rangers all season.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Would like to see Zelalam play.
Then tune in to Scottish football. :lol: He's been on loan at Rangers all season.
Indeed.

Had a quick scan on .com some of our loanees are not even getting game time :roll:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... rs-feature

How is Sanogo going to be a world beater if the dastadly Ajax wont play him ?

Thought Gnabry had potential the little that I saw of him, maybe being eased back gradually after his injury and substantial time out ?

Jenkinson to return and replace Debouchy (next season, unless Debouchy is sold in Jan (( Is Jenkinson's loan all season or 6 months)) as Bellerin is pretty much nailed on now I guess.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

A few reasons as to why it seems to be such a popular trip

Big club we haven't played in yonks
Big, old style ground, not a soulless bowl
A city we haven't visited for a while
Seems an age since the draw was made so a decent amount of time to negotiate time off for those lucky enough to have a few spare days off that they're not being forced to use over Christmas :banghead:

Wish I was going. Always quite liked Wednesday, hope their time in the lower leagues hasn't turned them into another tinpot northern club that play Tom Hark over the tannoy whenever they score (hopefully we won't find out)

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

With a lot of backup midfield injuries and wengers usual reluctance to play our better players in this competition it'll be interesting to see what he goes with. At least Cech is starting!

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

What pub will arsenal fans be heading to near the ground?

I know there is ,the red lion, which is about 40 minutes walk away but there is ,the railway, about 10 minutes walk one way and then the ,horse & jockey, and 'the park' sizzling pub about 5-10 minutes the other way.

Im just looking for somewhere to park so would be ideal if I can find somewhere close to where away fans will be.

Any help much appreciated......

augie

Post by augie »

There is no way cech, sanchez or ozil should be played in this game and I wouldn't even have ozil and sanchez in the squad

Normally I would agree with loaning our younger players out but if they aint getting game time then what is the fcuking point ? :x Have we no recall option on these deals and if not why not cos these deals are not working for us. Playing the likes of zelalam in these games would be of benefit to him and us, but now we are left in a situation where we have to include more first team players than I would like. Some fans are against the notion of playing a rotated squad in case it fcuks up our chances of winning this cup, but honestly if we cant win games like this with a team made up of our squad players, then we have no place even dreaming about winning the league :roll: The likes of flamoney, arteta, debouchy and the ox will be expected to contribute towards a league challenge but if they cant be trusted to beat Sheffield Wednesday away, then how can we trust them to gain crucial points away at the likes of the victims, stoke etc. ?

Personally I trust them and expect us to win 3-1 but sadly I also expect le cock to use sanchez at some stage and put a crucial first team player at risk

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

Ive read the designated away pub is the horse & jockey which is about 15 minute walk from the away end....

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

augie wrote:There is no way cech, sanchez or ozil should be played in this game and I wouldn't even have ozil and sanchez in the squad

Normally I would agree with loaning our younger players out but if they aint getting game time then what is the fcuking point ? :x Have we no recall option on these deals and if not why not cos these deals are not working for us. Playing the likes of zelalam in these games would be of benefit to him and us, but now we are left in a situation where we have to include more first team players than I would like. Some fans are against the notion of playing a rotated squad in case it fcuks up our chances of winning this cup, but honestly if we cant win games like this with a team made up of our squad players, then we have no place even dreaming about winning the league :roll: The likes of flamoney, arteta, debouchy and the ox will be expected to contribute towards a league challenge but if they cant be trusted to beat Sheffield Wednesday away, then how can we trust them to gain crucial points away at the likes of the victims, stoke etc. ?

Personally I trust them and expect us to win 3-1 but sadly I also expect le cock to use sanchez at some stage and put a crucial first team player at risk

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gooner Jim wrote:
augie wrote:There is no way cech, sanchez or ozil should be played in this game and I wouldn't even have ozil and sanchez in the squad

Trouble is if you get totally stuffed up there even if it is a different core of players it will dent confidence
Confidence is very hard to gain but can be lost overnight.....
This is where Wenger has to pick enough of a side to get a win, while resting key players such as Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil and Kos