FC BAYERN AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

FC BAYERN AWAY

Post by REB »

up next

Champions League Group stage
Wednesday, 4 November, 7:45 p.m.
Allianz Arena, Munich
Bayern Munich
vs
Arsenal

Bradywasking

Re: FC BAYERN AWAY

Post by Bradywasking »

1-1 feeling optimistic....or 3-0 Bayern

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

We looked tired against Swansea and with the lack of squad depth I think we'll struggle as Bayern are bound to have most of the ball.

I'd like to think a weakened side will scrape a draw, but I doubt it.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Think we'll struggle to stop them this time. They'll feel they were the better team at ours, yet lost. They'll be well up for proving it this time :box:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope we play as sensibly as we did in the reverse fixture. I'd take a 0-0, but it'd be great to mug all three points.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We will need to be on our Top game defensively - Having lost Theo AND The Ox - the main cause of their defensive problems at the bowl - they won't worry too much about having to deal with pacey attacks on the break from us....My heart says a draw but my head says they will win...UNLESS we turn in the kind of 1,000% focused performance like we did against $hitty last season...they will use their flanks to try and stretch us - especially as they know BFG's slower than a snail they'll aim to stretch us and put balls into the spaces... :? :banghead:

Still it is not an impossible ask for our team IF they ALL turn up. :barscarf: COYG! :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

a routine bumming ,2 nil bayern :cry:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

5 at the back, 2 DM and play to bore. A point would be huge. No injuries please!

augie

Post by augie »

4-1 to Bayern I fear :(

I honestly believe that the league is a 2 horse race now between ourselves and citeeh now and the league is that poor that we could actually win it :shock: :shock: This however is a totally different situation and I suspect that Bayern will be itching for revenge and will get it too

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They have guardiola... we have le bumhole.... we will get bumholed

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

A draw isn't really good enough here, assuming Olimpiacos win at home vs Dinamo Zagreb, which is why our home win vs Bayern was great but ultimately rendered rather meaningless by the other result.

If we end up doing Bayern home and away I'll start thinking about European glory but it's somewhat unlikely. Still think we're odds on for 3rd place in this group.

augie

Post by augie »

Robin_L wrote:A draw isn't really good enough here, assuming Olimpiacos win at home vs Dinamo Zagreb, which is why our home win vs Bayern was great but ultimately rendered rather meaningless by the other result.

If we end up doing Bayern home and away I'll start thinking about European glory but it's somewhat unlikely. Still think we're odds on for 3rd place in this group.

In my opinion we will qualify even if we lose this game - win our last 2 games and we finish with 9pts, and assuming olympiacos beat Zagreb they too will finish with 9ts (cos they will lose to us and Bayern). The deciding factor will be head to head and a 2 goal victory out there will see us qualify 8) If we get anything from Bayern away then we will be home and dry

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

slevinlacey wrote:5 at the back, 2 DM and play to bore. A point would be huge. No injuries please!
Was my initial thoughts too

Stick Gabriel in at the back, with Kos and the german snail and try and stay very compact. Crowd them out in midfield just leave Giroud as hold up man.

Probably still wont work. but a point could be enough to claw our way out of the group eventually.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We can get a draw out of this if we play our guts out, that's what i keep telling myself!

So 1-1 :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The beer will flow in Munich and we will win. Flying out tomorrow and haven't looked forward to a non cup final game in years.

More confident after the weekend result and Joel Campbell has an opportunity to shine on Tuesday, there was a good review of his workrate in MOTD on Saturday.

COYG

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: