Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Redarmy »

It is being reported.....

Oxalde-Chamberlain, 24, has apparently rejected two offers of £120,000 and £150,000-a-week to remain at Arsenal.

It has also been reported that he has snubbed a £180,000-a-week offer too.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:26 am
Injury-prone and inconsistent, he's failed to deliver consistently.
He wants out, then I'll be happy to take £35m for him.
Hope the Chelsea bench is nice and comfortable for him.
You can always rely on the window licking AKB to show bitterness towards players who want out from the never ending nightmare that is the Wenger regime!

I suppose when the Ox finally leaves you'll be calling him a rapist or a buck toothed lesbian next! :roll: :roll: you tool!!
Last edited by franksav63 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:43 am
It is being reported.....

Oxalde-Chamberlain, 24, has apparently rejected two offers of £120,000 and £150,000-a-week to remain at Arsenal.

It has also been reported that he has snubbed a £180,000-a-week offer too.
He's 24...at the right place,I think he can be a really good, consistent player and have a good career. I don't think this is about money, he must realise, like so many before him, that AFC under Wenger is a career killing, dead end.

I can see him at Liverpool Tbh. I hope we one day get to see the player he can become.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

For too long I,and other Arsenal fans, took the easy option and blamed the player.Called them disloyal money grabbers..Cesc, Henry, RVP etc etc but the facts speak for themselves and that is players leave because they are ambitious and Wenger is holding them back.
I think Ox is a decent player, he could be a very good player at the right club or more importantly the right manager. I would hate to see him go but fair play to him .He wants more than the mediocrity that will be Arsenal under Wenger and Kronke.
Sanchez may not be at Arsenal by the end of the week and Mustafi seems to be on his way..Wenger is happy with his signings..

GoonerOwl

Post by GoonerOwl »

Not pushed on enough since he joined. Could blame the coaching but a maturing player at this level should have done more by now.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

GoonerOwl wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:48 am
Not pushed on enough since he joined. Could blame the coaching but a maturing player at this level should have done more by now.
:lol: :lol:

What like... Walcott? ..... Gibbs...... Wilshere....Jenkinson..... Ramsey..... have I missed anyone??? :roll: :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

franksav63 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 am
GoonerOwl wrote:

What like... Walcott? ..... Gibbs...... Wilshere....Jenkinson..... Ramsey..... have I missed anyone??? :roll: :roll:
Giroud :D :D :D

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

franksav63 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 am
GoonerOwl wrote:

Emmanuel-Thomas
Randall
Merida
Grondin
Bendtner
Song
Denilson
Chamakh
Lupoli

The list is endless but still people think Wenger is a great developer of talent.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

It's one of two things :-

1. They are mismanaged by Wenger's set up

or

2. They were never good enough to begin with.

Either way the fault lies squarely at Wenger's door. Over and over and over again :banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

A boy with talent who needed to be coached properly. Will be disappointed when he goes

General

Post by General »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 am
For too long I,and other Arsenal fans, took the easy option and blamed the player.Called them disloyal money grabbers..Cesc, Henry, RVP etc etc but the facts speak for themselves and that is players leave because they are ambitious and Wenger is holding them back.
I think Ox is a decent player, he could be a very good player at the right club or more importantly the right manager. I would hate to see him go but fair play to him .He wants more than the mediocrity that will be Arsenal under Wenger and Kronke.
Sanchez may not be at Arsenal by the end of the week and Mustafi seems to be on his way..Wenger is happy with his signings..
Too damn right.

I have a feeling it's suddenly dawned on Wenger that significant cut backs are needed to counterbalance recent excesses in the transfer market, stop an already high wage from spiralling out of control and ultimately continue to retain Kroenke's support. It seems to me they are looking to make big cuts and willing to go to any lengths to achieve this. I see a hidden agenda behind the Gabriel transfer and rumours of Mustafi possibly getting sold. How on earth do you start offloading your CB when your system mandates depth in this area and the season has already began? People need to remember that we are the third highest net spenders in the league for the past 5years behind the Manc clubs. The moment it stops making financial sense the Yank is bound to start making a fuss and the fraud will sacrifice the football to stop this from happening like he always has.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:42 am
The moment it stops making financial sense the Yank is bound to start making a fuss and the fraud will sacrifice the football to stop this from happening like he always has.
Yep Wenger has always been a company man and on top of that a sh*t football coach now. No respect left for him or anyone other than a few of the players, sad times when you feel virtually no 'love' left for the club.

Still no more weekends ruined by Arsenal losing stupid games because of the w*nkers running the club, so there is an upside.. :twisted:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wenger says Ox owes Arsenal .......... Merson on Soccer Saturday... No he owes AFC NOTHING...what position is he...can somebody tell me what position Oxlaide Chamberlain is??? Nobody could answer because nobody knows!!

Who's fault is it that all these contracts are running down?? Merson again... it's Wenger's, he runs everything...how do you call a player in and offer him a new 4 year deal when you cannot tell that player what YOU are doing???

The guys on SS giving Wenger and AFC loads of stick.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:26 am
Injury-prone and inconsistent, he's failed to deliver consistently.
He wants out, then I'll be happy to take £35m for him.
Hope the Chelsea bench is nice and comfortable for him.
You left out...and fucked around from pillar to post, played in almost every position besides GK and never receiving any confidence or proper support from his manager.

Bale, Lallana, Chambers, Walcott & Aoc all came from Southampton. The 3 out of that group who had the misfortune to end up at Wenger have really gone on to achieve.......nothing. Look at Bale...... & Lallana is a first choice pick, not just for his club, but his country as well.

I love it when players want to leave because they want to better themselves and our fans blame the player, not the manager. How many players have left us and gone on to bigger things. Most of them. Good luck to the Ox, I hope it works out for him.

And for the record...who at Arsenal in NOT injury prone?
OGL.......unfortunately

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If Mustafi, Ox and Sanchez go this could be a even worse season than i started out thinking it was going to be. Immaterial of their quality individually losing those 3 players and retaining Wankpott, Ramsey, Gibbs, Elneny, Coq, Xhaka and BGV is questionable at best, not to mention having perma-sicknote Santi still on the books and with no definite answer on whats happening with Debuchy and Jenkinson.

There is also a question over the regression of players such as Bellerin, Monreal, Kos (when he plays), Iwobi

Then add in the lack of attitude/loss of ability such as Cech, Ozil, Giroud...

Fuck me, listing it like that is depressing, when you break it down our team is in serious dire straights whether through ability, attitude or negativity nearly every player can be called in to question at this moment. Arsene's disciples and PR people can spin it out however they wish but as a football team we have serious serious issues right now and all of that comes from one place and one place only.

The club as a whole may be sitting pretty raking in the cash but the football side of the business cannot carry on the way it is and still expect to attain the same revenue returns year after year, eventually as the footballing side slumps everything else will follow suit, attendance will fall gradually, merchandise sales will sink and business deals will follow.

But hey-ho at least AW is happy and content :barscarf: