Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Wilson »

Gunner Rob wrote:if the OX had a better coach then he could be a better player.
with Wenger in charge then he wont be - look at how Walcott has progressed in the last decade.
What did you expect of Walcott? I reckon Walcott has done as well as he could have. He is a pacey wide player who is a real threat, but with serious ball limitations. I just dont know what more Wenger could have done with Theo. Do you really believe Theo was going to be the next Thierry Henry? Yet, for some further bizarre reason, we hold Raheem Sterling up as brilliant player when he is no better than Theo or Chamberlain.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Wilson wrote:
with Wenger in charge then he wont be - look at how Walcott has progressed in the last decade.
What did you expect of Walcott? I reckon Walcott has done as well as he could have. He is a pacey wide player who is a real threat, but with serious ball limitations. I just dont know what more Wenger could have done with Theo. Do you really believe Theo was going to be the next Thierry Henry? Yet, for some further bizarre reason, we hold Raheem Sterling up as brilliant player when he is no better than Theo or Chamberlain.
personally I think Sterling is uber shit,he is a poor mans Walcott,im glad we steered well clear when he was available

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:
WTF? :shock:

Sterling? :shock: :shock:

Sorry, but who exactly holds Sterling up as a brilliant player? Sterling is shite. All girly running and no finish. He (like Sturridge) had that one season where The Cannibal made them look alot better than what they are or ever will be.

Mate, you can't just make shit up to back your argument! :lol: :wink:

Also, I'm sorry but Theo poses little to no threat. He can't run with the ball, can't drop the shoulder and beat his man, can't finish often enough, and gets flustered when given too much time to think (like when through one on one with the keeper). Theo has had 10 years to deliver and is still only spoken of in terms of his "potential". 10 YEARS. Some players' careers are only 10 years long! If after 10 years Theo can't deliver he never will. I like Theo and would love to see him succeed but he never will. Sad but true.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Well just because Walcott will not become the player many envisioned, doesnt mean he cant have an Arsenal career. He is a good option of the bench, and has his purple patches, so he is worthwhile keeping.

Since I recently joined this forum, I have noticed so many display a real eagerness to sell off Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain and Walcott.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:Well just because Walcott will not become the player many envisioned, doesnt mean he cant have an Arsenal career. He is a good option of the bench, and has his purple patches, so he is worthwhile keeping.

Since I recently joined this forum, I have noticed so many display a real eagerness to sell off Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain and Walcott.
You mean people are willing to sell off the under- (and non-) performing extremely highly paid players? :rubchin: :wink:

Mate, football isn't a charity. Certainly not at the PL level. We should (and by "we" I mean "Wenger") be far more ruthless. If you cannot consistently deliver a top performance then you are not entitled to consistently get paid £100K per week!! :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:Well just because Walcott will not become the player many envisioned, doesnt mean he cant have an Arsenal career. He is a good option of the bench, and has his purple patches, so he is worthwhile keeping.

You mean people are willing to sell off the under- (and non-) performing extremely highly paid players? :rubchin: :wink:

Mate, football isn't a charity. Certainly not at the PL level. We should (and by "we" I mean "Wenger") be far more ruthless. If you cannot consistently deliver a top performance then you are not entitled to consistently get paid £100K per week!! :|
And just before resident spacker ItchyBaba and/or his fan club :lol: jump on that with "EEEEK!! What about Giroud?!" I would add that I include Giroud in that. Giroud is not "shite" like the hysterical few on here say, but he is certainly not a top class striker (and never will be) and thus he should not be getting paid as a top class striker. £130K per week for what he delivers is mental. But nowhere near as bad as £140K per week for what Theo delivers.

The wage issue under Wenger has been ludicrous for years. The AKB spent years saying we had no money for top (or even better) players yet we were paying proven dross like Song, Eboue, Almunia, Flamoney, Flappy, Denilson, Hleb, Stepanovs, Luzhny, Vela, FrimpMong, etc etc etc absolute fortunes for years after it was proven they were proper shit.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:

Sorry, but who exactly holds Sterling up as a brilliant player? Sterling is shite. All girly running and no finish. He (like Sturridge) had that one season where The Cannibal made them look alot better than what they are or ever will be.

Also, I'm sorry but Theo poses little to no threat. He can't run with the ball, can't drop the shoulder and beat his man, can't finish often enough, and gets flustered when given too much time to think (like when through one on one with the keeper). Theo has had 10 years to deliver and is still only spoken of in terms of his "potential". 10 YEARS. Some players' careers are only 10 years long! If after 10 years Theo can't deliver he never will. I like Theo and would love to see him succeed but he never will. Sad but true.

:shock:

Have you told everyone else on here :? :lol:

Excuse me I think I'm on the wrong forum :oops: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

umm sorry quadruple post :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:umm sorry quadruple post :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Spacker. :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:umm sorry quadruple post :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Spacker. :lol: :wink:

x4

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:

It was in the small print in the terms and conditions when you paid your deposit when registering............

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

How many more seasons should Ox be given to prove he's good enough?

Just asking :twisted:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

GoonerMuzz wrote:How many more seasons should Ox be given to prove he's good enough?

Just asking :twisted:
Judge him in May. How can he compete with the financial doping of other clubs? Who else is there? How can he expect to do the job properly when the board make decisions for him? Why don't you have a go at it then?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The ox could have been a decent player he's been ruined by wenger - just like denil....no uhhhmmm... just like Bendt ..... No....uhhmmm ...anyway he coulda chopped wood. :? :mrgreen: