Joel Campbell

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Joel Campbell

Post by northbank123 »

Was the best player on the park for 70 minutes by some distance for me tonight.

Really hope he can carry on proving me wrong - happy to eat a large fucking slice of humble pie if he does!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:Was the best player on the park for 70 minutes by some distance for me tonight.

Really hope he can carry on proving me wrong - happy to eat a large fucking slice of humble pie if he does!
Agree, he deserves to keep his place over Walcott imo, Alexis and Campbell working hard will be a huge plus for us.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Quality assist for Ramsey's goal :barscarf:

Who'd have thought that passing forward yields such positive play? :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sean wrote:Quality assist for Ramsey's goal :barscarf:

Gibbs tried it at one stage and passed the ball straight to a Liverpool player :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sean wrote:Quality assist for Ramsey's goal :barscarf:

Gibbs tried it at one stage and passed the ball straight to a Liverpool player :lol:
There are exceptions... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Every other time he passes the ball sideways or backwards ,and the 1 time you think he should pass it sideways or backwards,he passes it forward and gives it away :lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Really liking Campbell. Good passing and great workrate. Him and Alexis on the wings will make our squad a lot stronger than with Walcott or Ox.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Really liking Campbell. Good passing and great workrate. Him and Alexis on the wings will make our squad a lot stronger than with Walcott or Ox.
Can't argue with that.

ts100uk

Post by ts100uk »

The first touch , control and pass for the Ramsey goal was absolute top class and so was his overall performance against Liverpool.
On current form and with even with everyone fit he now deserves to be in our best starting eleven

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Has another very good game last night. He certainly is ahead of Ox and once Alexis is back and fit, I would include Theo as well. He plays for the team and puts in a massive shift defensively. I could see why he didn't get a run of games before, but he is really taking his chance. Hope that he keeps his place when Alexis comes back because Wally hasn't been cutting it.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

My jaw drops when I watch Walnut but for all the wrong reasons

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

Work rate is top notch, a few players could take a leaf out of his book. Love his sliding tackles as well. he really came back after that Swansea miss, I was worried that might ruin him.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

His work-rate is right up there with Sancez (almost!) and he seems to have the right attitude. He has grown on me and it's good to see him getting some rewards for his patience.

Not sure what the Ox offers us any longer, Walcott is just a super-sub imo - bring him on to run at tired players on the break on the last 15....

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Rob Admin wrote:His work-rate is right up there with Sancez (almost!) and he seems to have the right attitude. He has grown on me and it's good to see him getting some rewards for his patience.

Not sure what the Ox offers us any longer, Walcott is just a super-sub imo - bring him on to run at tired players on the break on the last 15....
Seriously?! Have you been on the loony juice.

Besides the fact that he has spent a good chunk of this season injured and now finds his way back blocked by an excellent Campbell, playing the Ox out wide is probably not his best position and he has to wait to get a CM position.
If he were to leave there would be a queue of top clubs wanting to sign him.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SPARKSY wrote:
Rob Admin wrote:His work-rate is right up there with Sancez (almost!) and he seems to have the right attitude. He has grown on me and it's good to see him getting some rewards for his patience.

Seriously?! Have you been on the loony juice.

Besides the fact that he has spent a good chunk of this season injured and now finds his way back blocked by an excellent Campbell, playing the Ox out wide is probably not his best position and he has to wait to get a CM position.
If he were to leave there would be a queue of top clubs wanting to sign him.
Have YOU been on the loony juice?? :lol: :lol: