c***s AKA the scum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bobbybigb

Re: Spurs

Post by bobbybigb »

I HATE THE SPUDS. Aways have and always will which doesnt make me an ideal candidate for a balanced appraisal regarding their abilities.
That said i can, with hand on heart state that i never once swallowed the hype this season. They are workmanlike , hardworking and quite physical but they have no top quality , little flair and i would not choose any one of theirs to add to our squad if given for free.
They draw many games as they have not got the quality to go on and finish teams off

jaymitch81

Post by jaymitch81 »

bobbybigb wrote:I HATE THE SPUDS. Aways have and always will which doesnt make me an ideal candidate for a balanced appraisal regarding their abilities.
That said i can, with hand on heart state that i never once swallowed the hype this season. They are workmanlike , hardworking and quite physical but they have no top quality , little flair and i would not choose any one of theirs to add to our squad if given for free.
They draw many games as they have not got the quality to go on and finish teams off
So you would not take Loris as back up to Cech or Verthongen instead of Per on a free too add to our squad? Ok mate.

ts100uk

Post by ts100uk »

There is nothing more enjoyable than watching their wheels start falling off again whenever it matter most to them

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

jaymitch81 wrote:
bobbybigb wrote:I HATE THE SPUDS. Aways have and always will which doesnt make me an ideal candidate for a balanced appraisal regarding their abilities.
So you would not take Loris as back up to Cech or Verthongen instead of Per on a free too add to our squad? Ok mate.
Lost me there too. :?

What about the dense bastard Kane? Eriksen?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:Back in their Box before Christmas,how do they manage that every year ?
Then In the New Year we get from Broxbourne to Brimsdown the "it's our year" for the FA Cup shit from them !
There really is no funnier adversary than the delusional ones from up the road !

Well to be fair they are "a cup team"

Last won it in 1991 ! :lol: :lol: haven't even reached the final since then.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

officepest wrote:
jaymitch81 wrote:
Lost me there too. :?

What about the dense bastard Kane? Eriksen?
lloris as back up (not that much better than ospina though), vertongehn is error prone and carless and hardly better than the useless german.

kane yes as back up to giroud (kane will be a 12-15 goal a season player at best over his career)

eriksen is one of the mst overrated players in england. no pace, weak, doesnt create as much as people think.

you people need to rememebr there is a reason these players play for who they do and are not linked with big clubs...there not that good.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

the playing mantis wrote:lloris as back up (not that much better than ospina though), vertongehn is error prone and carless and hardly better than the useless german.

kane yes as back up to giroud (kane will be a 12-15 goal a season player at best over his career)

eriksen is one of the mst overrated players in england. no pace, weak, doesnt create as much as people think.

you people need to rememebr there is a reason these players play for who they do and are not linked with big clubs...there not that good.

"You people"? :lol:

Lloris is miles better than Ospina, and probably the third-best 'keeper in the league.

I've never been massively impressed by Eriksen, but if he were to be handed to us for free, as mentioned above, I'd take him for his dead-ball ability.

It's all hypothetical, but they have four, maybe five, players I'd take for free.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I see spurs got planning permission from Haringey council last night. Considering Levy is supposed to have made his fortune in the investment world, its surprising that they bought all that land evicted the incumbent businesses and effectively knocked everything down before they even got the thumbs up from Haringey.

It will be interesting to see how the development impacts spurs in the transfer market. Certainly from a property perspective I wouldn't expect it to bring in as much dosh (as the Emirates did) from the sale of flats around the ground. You can spruce up the area all you like but Spurs will always be a shit hole, as long as Broadwater Farm and the other local council housing estates remain.

Was funny watching footage of the council meeting. It was literally levy, the councillors with one man and his dog. Reminds me of when we got planning permission in 1999 for the Emirates, it was in union chapel with around 900 gooners crammed in. Just goes to show everything about spurs is mickey mouse ;).

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

nut flush gooner wrote:I see spurs got planning permission from Haringey council last night. Considering Levy is supposed to have made his fortune in the investment world, its surprising that they bought all that land evicted the incumbent businesses and effectively knocked everything down before they even got the thumbs up from Haringey.

It will be interesting to see how the development impacts spurs in the transfer market. Certainly from a property perspective I wouldn't expect it to bring in as much dosh (as the Emirates did) from the sale of flats around the ground. You can spruce up the area all you like but Spurs will always be a shit hole, as long as Broadwater Farm and the other local council housing estates remain.

Was funny watching footage of the council meeting. It was literally levy, the councillors with one man and his dog. Reminds me of when we got planning permission in 1999 for the Emirates, it was in union chapel with around 900 gooners crammed in. Just goes to show everything about spurs is mickey mouse ;).
I thought the regeneration around Tottenham begun straight after the Mark Duggan shooting? maybe they put the fires out a bit too quickly...a shiny new ground for them will still be a shiny new ground,but in the middle of a fucking shithole.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

nut flush gooner wrote:I see spurs got planning permission from Haringey council last night. Considering Levy is supposed to have made his fortune in the investment world, its surprising that they bought all that land evicted the incumbent businesses and effectively knocked everything down before they even got the thumbs up from Haringey.

True but is it also the case that we still retain massive support in our home borough of Islington. I mean, those living in Islington support only Arsenal. I don't think the same can be said of Haringey.
I would suggest that the majority of Spurs fans live outside of Tottenham or further afield.

We seriously are the club of North London...........................We'll be running round to Tottenham :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Lets be clear the Tottenham area is literally hell on earth, its FUCKING AWFUL

That said what best sums up spurs is making there stadium 61,000

Absolutely obsessed with us, totally envious and jealous what a bunch of losers :D

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

"Really thoughtful of Daniel Levy to go for a 61,000 capacity stadium, in honour of their last title winning season"

:lol:

WENGER OUT

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

It's as if they believe having a big stadium is what defines a big club.

Hasn't worked out that well for either Newcastle or Sunderland has it ?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

I was actually pissed off when they sneakily sort to get the capacity to 61000 having initially applied for less than that...typical dirty scum trick....however now I find it hilarious and the few sensible fans they have are completely embarrassed by it, as it just screams attempting o get one over on arsenal by increasing it to just over out capacity. Absolutely pathetic and smalltime and yet another stick we can beat them with there sad attempts at one upmanship. 65000 sure that would be a bit annoying but 61000 is joke.

Oh and is correct moat scum don't live in London they at predominately Herts and west essex scum.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »