Guardiola- Up for grabs now!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Guardiola- Up for grabs now!!!

Post by SteveO 35 »

A team who could win all 4 trophies announce a new manager

The team who announce a collapse to 4th place offer theirs a new deal

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:A team who could win all 4 trophies announce a new manager

Shows the ambition of the first club and lack of by the second. City seeing a bigger picture that Arsenal PLC wouldn't even want to understand let alone emulate.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Now Pep's sorted we can plan for a new no mark like Martinez or Stojkovic

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Why make a move for Pep, when we can go through the motions of low expectations with an old senile manager who has played the same formation, tactics, and installed the same soft mentality that has constantly let the clubs down, for over a decade.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

So, he's admitted he's a woman???

We've had the special one, we've had the normal one, ...now we've got the transgender one!!!
Guardiola taking football into a new era...

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Bradywasking wrote:

Shows the ambition of the first club and lack of by the second. City seeing a bigger picture that Arsenal PLC wouldn't even want to understand let alone emulate.
And if Mourinho takes over at United as it is being suggested, you can say its a safe bet the title will go to Manchester, one way or the other, next year and the year after.
If we don't win the title this year, which I don't think we will, then we will be destined to spend many years in the wilderness, an also ran, fighting for the titbits of 4th place again and a Cup. Rinse and repeat.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SPARKSY wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

And if Mourinho takes over at United as it is being suggested, you can say its a safe bet the title will go to Manchester, one way or the other, next year and the year after.
If we don't win the title this year, which I don't think we will, then we will be destined to spend many years in the wilderness, an also ran, fighting for the titbits of 4th place again and a Cup. Rinse and repeat.
Real fans have patience you know........ :box:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Man City are no Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

I am amazed so many seem to equate the quality of Barcelona and Bayern with Pep's coaching. Did Barcelona not win the treble last season proving Pep wasnt central to that team winning? And have Bayern not fallen up their European throne since Heynckes made way for Pep?

Good manager, but City wont be rivaling Barcelona and Bayern Munich next season.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Bob Wilson was on talksport yesterday saying that Arsenal had missed the perfect opportunity to get Guardiola.......but said that it needed Arsene himself to approach Pep re taking over.

:banghead: :banghead: So Bob admits Arsene rules the roost, to the point of deciding who will be suitable for our future manager.

Herd

Post by Herd »

BoB shlould know after all it was Wenger that sacked him saying they didnt need a Goalkeeping Coach ...........and then went out and hired another one !

HAs anyone noticed the rush of Barca whores queing up to say that trhey wan to go to City now that their old boss is
going there !

I would LOVE it if City stripped them of their stars and they flounder ! :barscarf:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

StuartL wrote:Bob Wilson was on talksport yesterday saying that Arsenal had missed the perfect opportunity to get Guardiola.......but said that it needed Arsene himself to approach Pep re taking over.

:banghead: :banghead: So Bob admits Arsene rules the roost, to the point of deciding who will be suitable for our future manager.
To be fair that is not quite how it happened as far as I remember Stuart. :box: :box: :wink: The presenter put forward that scenario to Bob as something he thought might have happened and Wilson seemed surprised by the proposition and replied something like 'you couldn't expect someone like Arsene to voluntarily step down' before they went off track.

I know I am the forum pot-head and my memory can quite rightly be called into question but that is how I clearly remember the interview going rather than the more dramatic picture painted above. :rubchin: :rubchin: :lol: :wink:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
StuartL wrote:Bob Wilson was on talksport yesterday saying that Arsenal had missed the perfect opportunity to get Guardiola.......but said that it needed Arsene himself to approach Pep re taking over.

To be fair that is not quite how it happened as far as I remember Stuart. :box: :box: :wink: The presenter put forward that scenario to Bob as something he thought might have happened and Wilson seemed surprised by the proposition and replied something like 'you couldn't expect someone like Arsene to voluntarily step down' before they went off track.

I know I am the forum pot-head and my memory can quite rightly be called into question but that is how I clearly remember the interview going rather than the more dramatic picture painted above. :rubchin: :rubchin: :lol: :wink:
To be fair, you are the forum pot head.

Bob did say that he felt that it would / should be Arsene himself to contact Guardiola re taking over (while Bob suggested Wenker become Director of football or some such role )

armchair

Post by armchair »

StuartL wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:

To be fair, you are the forum pot head.

Bob did say that he felt that it would / should be Arsene himself to contact Guardiola re taking over (while Bob suggested Wenker become Director of football or some such role )
You mean that it was suggested that Wenger should show some humility? To do the right thing?
To have the best interests of Arsenal FC at heart and be gracious enough to step aside with honour? What, like Pelegrini has done?

:coffeespit:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Really don't think there would be any point in a top class manager taking over if AW became Director of football or such, can you honestly see him loosening the reigns to let a manager potentially eclipse him or for him to let a manager spend the money needed to bring in top class talent and upset Wengers little entourage, i don't :cry:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I know it is a long shot but Shearer raised a good point on MOTD 2 last night about Guardiola's contract with Man city having a get out clause in it if they finish outside a champions league place and in the Europa league? Gazides needs to be checking this out and talking to both Guardiola's agent on poaching him, and wenger on retiring if Guardiola becomes available...we are currently in a stronger position to maintain a top 3 finish.