Guardiola- Up for grabs now!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Guardiola- Up for grabs now!!!

Post by Nos89 »

Pep Guardiola has made himself available to the Premier League teams. Reports suggest he has spoken to both Manchester clubs, turned down Chelski and would consider Arsenal. He has spoken highly about Arsenal in the past and I imagine if we tabled an offer he would come to us. What are we waiting for? Wenger moves upstairs and allows a manager he helped developed take over the reigns. Wenger said a couple of months ago Guardiola wanted to join us as a player in 1999. Clearly, he has a long standing desire to join us...Gazides go and speak to him and get him to sign up. Its simple miss him now, and we will miss the best opportunity to take the club to the next level.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Guardiola- Up for grabs now!!!

Post by officepest »

You ungrateful bastard: we already have the ‘Coach of the Decade’ in situ and yet you want to replace him with some fancy-Dan no-mark.

Judge Arsene in May.

:wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Hes on his way to Man City, no way Wenger would let him succeed him at the Arsenal

Cannot wait for Remi Garde to be available

augie

Post by augie »

He will be our next manager as le cock will step aside in the summer to give the job to pep 8) Pep meets all the criteria that wenker will look for in his successor (tippy tappy football, a believer in promoting from within, a reasonable committment to youth etc. etc) and that will be important to the senile c.unt as he doesnt want his legacy to be torn down by whoever replaces him

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Stopped reading at "Wenger moves upstairs". Quite why anybody would endorse a man who has sanctioned, profited from and oversee one of the worst and unambiguous football ownership models in our history - oh and allayed to the fact he's turned us into a club that celebrates runner-up spot....is beyond me :shock:

For Arsenal to move forward they need a complete de-Wenkerification. He's a huge narcissistic egomaniac and there's no way he would just sit back and watch someone like Pep come in and instantly succeed where he's spent so long failing. Questions would be asked and can't have that now can we....Dragan Stoikkovic or Remi Garde then please :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Stopped reading at "Wenger moves upstairs". Quite why anybody would endorse a man who has sanctioned, profited from and oversee one of the worst and unambiguous football ownership models in our history - oh and allayed to the fact he's turned us into a club that celebrates runner-up spot....is beyond me :shock:

For Arsenal to move forward they need a complete de-Wenkerification. He's a huge narcissistic egomaniac and there's no way he would just sit back and watch someone like Pep come in and instantly succeed where he's spent so long failing. Questions would be asked and can't have that now can we....Dragan Stoikkovic or Remi Garde then please :roll:

There can be no successful handover of the reins if le cock remains in the club, and I dont care what high profile manager takes over - of course le cock will not want to step away so that will complicate things going forward

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stop now, lads. Don't do it to yourselves. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:Stopped reading at "Wenger moves upstairs". Quite why anybody would endorse a man who has sanctioned, profited from and oversee one of the worst and unambiguous football ownership models in our history - oh and allayed to the fact he's turned us into a club that celebrates runner-up spot....is beyond me :shock:

There can be no successful handover of the reins if le cock remains in the club, and I dont care what high profile manager takes over - of course le cock will not want to step away so that will complicate things going forward

Like to see the new manager spend some of Wengers £200 million war chest, unless of course he takes it with him as a bonus

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As much as I still love and respect Wenger for what he did for us 96-06 (and the two FA Cups in 2014 and 2015!! :D ) I have said on here since May 2010 he needs to go and I totally agree he needs to totally go. No move upstairs, no Director of Football role, no "advisory capacity". Nothing. Wenger needs to be totally removed from the club for the club to move forward. I'm not being ungrateful, just pragmatic. No manager will succeed whilst being second guessed and/or influenced or obstructed by Wenger.

markmark64

Post by markmark64 »

Totally agree with you DB .All you have to do is look at manure to see what happens.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

markmark64 wrote:Totally agree with you DB .All you have to do is look at manure to see what happens.
True, not just old red nose but going back to Busby as well. The new managers were hampered by the comparison with their predecessor who were peering over their shoulders.

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Why do people keep positing this Wenger moving upstairs rubbish? Whenever his time is up as our football manager, he shouldn't serve in any capacity at the Club. We all know he'd still then be running the Club, only from a higher position at such time, which would make it an untenable job for any ambitious manager that we might hire.

He needs to completely fuck off out the Club. It really is that simple.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I think you put Pep Guaradiola as the virtual manager of the virtual world champion team we should have had over the last 10 seasons or so!! :roll: :roll:

And as for moving TOF (thanks Sean), upstairs please in the name of Bergkamp.... NO!!!!!!

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'd love Guardiola at The Arsenal, but it'll never happen with TOF and the no-mark ambition-less board we have. It's sad to see the media automatically exclude us from the potential destinations for Pep, but it's a sad fact.

TOF, for his '30 years in football' is already a poor-man's Guardiola. He'd be lucky to be called a poor-man's Fergie.

Guardiola is already better than TOF in all areas; youth, tactics (Shit, just doing tactics makes a manager superior to TOF), and attacking play. Yes, it might be tippy-tappy, but Guardiola prides possession with ambition (Remember that word, Arsene?), not this sideways shite that TOF has bored us to death with in the past several years.

Guardiola is FAR superior to TOF, which is why he'll never be an Arsenal manager :banghead:
DB10GOONER wrote:As much as I still love and respect Wenger for what he did for us 96-06 (and the two FA Cups in 2014 and 2015!! :D ) I have said on here since May 2010 he needs to go and I totally agree he needs to totally go. No move upstairs, no Director of Football role, no "advisory capacity". Nothing. Wenger needs to be totally removed from the club for the club to move forward. I'm not being ungrateful, just pragmatic. No manager will succeed whilst being second guessed and/or influenced or obstructed by Wenger.
Blood_Gooner wrote:Why do people keep positing this Wenger moving upstairs rubbish? Whenever his time is up as our football manager, he shouldn't serve in any capacity at the Club. We all know he'd still then be running the Club, only from a higher position at such time, which would make it an untenable job for any ambitious manager that we might hire.

He needs to completely fuck off out the Club. It really is that simple.
Absolutely agree with you both. TOF has become a cancer to the club and must be removed entirely.
franksav63 wrote:I think you put Pep Guaradiola as the virtual manager of the virtual world champion team we should have had over the last 10 seasons or so!! :roll: :roll:

And as for moving TOF (thanks Sean), upstairs please in the name of Bergkamp.... NO!!!!!!
:lol: :barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Stop torturing yourselves mates. Wenger will manage this team until he's 6 feet deep.