Bindippers away Wed 20.00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LaughingGooner

Re: Bindippers away Wed 20.00

Post by LaughingGooner »

Always a sickener to concede a last min goal but a point at anfield is hardly a disaster.
It was a great game, we're top of the league and we recovered well after a nightmare start.
Campbell was immense, our most improved player.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

In the last decade or so off the top of my head there's been Liam Mellor, the champs league QF, the Arshavin 4-4, last year with Skertl and again tonight where we've fucked up in the dying seconds at Anfield. It's the sheer fucking predictability of it all that kills me. I sat there tonight with 3 minutes to go knowing exactly what lay ahead of me and like a car crash in slow motion I had to sit there and watch it all unfold in front of my eyes.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:In the last decade or so off the top of my head there's been Liam Mellor, the champs league QF, the Arshavin 4-4, last year with Skertl and again tonight where we've fucked up in the dying seconds at Anfield. It's the sheer fucking predictability of it all that kills me. I sat there tonight with 3 minutes to go knowing exactly what lay ahead of me and like a car crash in slow motion I had to sit there and watch it all unfold in front of my eyes.
Didn't heskey score a last min goal against once at anfield as well,can't remember though if it was a winning goal or an equaliser.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:In the last decade or so off the top of my head there's been Liam Mellor, the champs league QF, the Arshavin 4-4, last year with Skertl and again tonight where we've fucked up in the dying seconds at Anfield. It's the sheer fucking predictability of it all that kills me. I sat there tonight with 3 minutes to go knowing exactly what lay ahead of me and like a car crash in slow motion I had to sit there and watch it all unfold in front of my eyes.
Didn't heskey score a last min goal against once at anfield as well,can't remember though if it was a winning goal or an equaliser.
You're probably right, they all blur in to one giant cluster fuck as the years drift by :banghead:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Don't forget comedy Eboue giving away a penalty at the grove 7 mins into injury time for an equaliser.

Maybe its Karma for Friday 26th May 1989 "Its Thomas charging through the midfield, its up for grabs nowwwwwww" :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That Eboue penalty :roll:

We go one nil up in the 93rd minute and still found a way to fuck it up.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

At the start of the night I would certainly have settled for keeping same distance between us and Shitty and increasing "The Gap" between us and the scummers. And after 1st half would definitely have taken it. They were playing as if their lives depended on it and they'll revert back to being shite in their next game (typical).

The usual bring on the defenders and lets invite pressure backfired tonight. A goal up away from home and they having to attack is ideal for the quick break counter attack via Wally (even though he was pants tonight) and Ozil. The 3 subs weakened the side big time (Arteta in particular brings nothing to the table anymore and is a liability in the big games). Maybe if TMOTD had got his finger out of his arsehole and bought the defensive midfielder that he knew he has needed for quite some time on 1st January he might have been available tonight and could've started ahead of captain pointsandshoutsalot.

Could our captain the BGV have thrown is body in the way of the equaliser. My opinion yes, might not have made it but at least try, don't freeze and pull a stupid face.

After tonight I also hate Klopp :cussing:

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

Just wondering,
Anybody was at the playboy club watching the game?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

casgooner wrote:
cardinal2011 wrote:Does anyone know if Walcott is playing tonight?
I was thinking the same thing.
So was I. But you'd know that - wouldn't you ?. Feo did create that chance that the 'Lazy Frenchman' somehow managed to miss. We let two points slip again so late in the game. Must learn how to defend. :barscarf: :barscarf:

MAGooner

Post by MAGooner »

Ray C wrote:
casgooner wrote:
cardinal2011 wrote:Does anyone know if Walcott is playing tonight?
I was thinking the same thing.
So was I. But you'd know that - wouldn't you ?. Feo did create that chance that the 'Lazy Frenchman' somehow managed to miss. We let two points slip again so late in the game. Must learn how to defend. :barscarf: :barscarf:
How can you say "lazy Frenchman"?
That statement is just a shortcut to thinking.
The guy scores 2 goals and busts his ass up top all alone, all game long.
You can call him slow, but don't call him lazy.
:cussing:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Take a step back from the forum and cast your eye over the following day and there you have it...all the old prejudices and digs that have just been waiting, literally gagging to get out. :box: :o

We threw it away in the end, but who knew?!! We're nowhere near the finished article and once again it's a mixture of what's in the manager's and players heads, more than anything else.

:|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

LaughingGooner wrote:Always a sickener to concede a last min goal but a point at anfield is hardly a disaster.
It was a great game, we're top of the league and we recovered well after a nightmare start.
Campbell was immense, our most improved player.

Agree with the Campbell comment, would make him MOTM

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Last goal summed it up. Despite our utterly ingenious plan to invite as much needless pressure as humanly possible by sitting back with everyone behind the ball, they still manage to float a ball from the centr circle for their biggest player and most obvious target to win unchallenged, the ball then loops a mile up in the air but again when it comes down 10 yards out there's no challenge for Allen to sweep home.

Where were all these fucking men who were sitting back? Koscielny hared out of position towards Benteke but no challenge was forthcoming. 4 points dropped to piss-poor Liverpool sides this season and if we can't beat a team that open and exposed away from home does anyone believe we will go to Spurs, Everton, Stoke and City and win?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If I was a park-bench sleeping tramp, I'd look at Jurgen Klopp and think what great style. I'm not, however, so I think he's an annoying, attention-seeking, hipster *word censored*.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:If I was a park-bench sleeping tramp, I'd look at Jurgen Klopp and think what great style. I'm not, however, so I think he's an annoying, attention-seeking, hipster *word censored*.
Whilst I admire his achievements, his touchline antics get right on my tits and I thought he was like a little kid last night. Hopefully they'll draw someone like Leeds in one of the cups soon so fat boy Steve Evans or some other such lower league pub manager can stick one on him !