Would you sell Ramsey for £50m (now £20m)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you sell Ramsey for £50m

Yes
65%
No
26%
It depends
9%

Total votes: 68

Swifty

Re: Would you sell Ramsey for £50m

Post by Swifty »

Herd wrote:
Swifty wrote:With a view to doing what with the money?? Maybe a swap could work.......
That new Rams stadium wont build itself , Stan needs some cash !
You make a good point.

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

I don't think anyone would offer £50 million for Ramsey tbh but I would definitely accept if anoyone did.

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

The easy answer is no, for the simple fact that the £50m would sit in Stan account on top of the other £100m or whatever we haven't spent.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

The Knowing One wrote:The easy answer is no, for the simple fact that the £50m would sit in Stan account on top of the other £100m or whatever we haven't spent.
He would probably use the money to move his franchise, that is Arsenal FC, to a great, new stadium, on his ranch that's bigger than Los Angeles :lol:

blair207

Post by blair207 »

SPARKSY wrote:
The Knowing One wrote:The easy answer is no, for the simple fact that the £50m would sit in Stan account on top of the other £100m or whatever we haven't spent.
He would probably use the money to move his franchise, that is Arsenal FC, to a great, new stadium, on his ranch that's bigger than Los Angeles :lol:
This is the point. The only thing the club are spending money on just now is wages, yes some of the players are overpaid, but given the amount of injuries we get we need all the players we can get. I wouldn't sell just to get the money as it wont be used.

KaQaK

Post by KaQaK »

With all respect to other opinions, the fact that money would be used by sTAN to buy a horse or a cow :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:, and the fact that we did a lot of f...g in welsh back in roman era, we might be cousins or something similar. Still he makes me break the TV with his stupid selfish decisions in many "when it matters" occasions.
Cash him in, pls! :twisted:
Xhaka in! :blah: :blah: :blah:
I know it wont happen! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Sanchez - £35m
Ozil - £42m

Ramsey - £50m - hell yeah!

but as said above, man needs to pay for this:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... rams-owner

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I'd take 50 sherbert dib-dabs 8)

His nickname should be "the fucked-it-up flikster" :shock:

If he keeps things simple he does have tons of energy and can be decent but he doesn't and hasn't regained his scoring touch of a couple of seasons ago.

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

So we all moan AW don't spend enough, but you'd be happy to sell one of our most promising CM's and was incredible 2 years ago - sure struggling with form now, but we all know how good he can be (ran the show a couple of times this season), a genuinely top player who can go on to become a fantastic player, you'd sell! Why may I ask?!! We'll never reinvest it anyways FFS!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

jonny3110 wrote:So we all moan AW don't spend enough, but you'd be happy to sell one of our most promising CM's and was incredible 2 years ago - sure struggling with form now, but we all know how good he can be (ran the show a couple of times this season), a genuinely top player who can go on to become a fantastic player, you'd sell! Why may I ask?!! We'll never reinvest it anyways FFS!
Put that into context though. He joined us in 2008. That is 8 years ago. He had ONE brilliant season in that time. He was pants up to that season. He has been (mostly) pants since that ONE brilliant season. You say it yourself; that was 2 years ago. And I accept that he had it tough coming back from the assault by the filth Shawcross that cost him 7 months out, but his ONE brilliant season came AFTER that so it can't be used as an excuse - and in fairness most Gooners cut him alot of slack because of that injury.

He is selfish on the pitch, makes bad decisions too often, can't resist the Messi-Wannabe flicks and tricks which mostly lose possession.

Ramsey is like a more intelligent version of Walcott in a way; people are talking about him in the context of what he "might do" and his "potential" and what "he might go on to do". When does potential become consistent high performance? After 8 years? 10 years? Surely there are 2 players out there that we could pay the same money to that could deliver every game not just once in a while or for one season out of 8? Surely? :|

Apart from that ONE brilliant season, Rambo has never been a consistently great player.

EDIT; Should add that I'd only be happy selling for £50mill if it was re-invested in the team. But as you say, that probably wouldn't happen. :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote: I'd take 50 sherbert dib-dabs 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality.

And so would I. :wink:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote: His nickname should be "the fucked-it-up flikster" :shock:
:lol:

I like "Mini-Messi" or maybe "Messi-Lite" personally. :D :wink:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

He didn't have an incredible season. Some fans tend to turn to embellishment, in a bid to prop up our whatever point of view they are holding on to. He had a good half a season where he pulled a bit of a Lampard - popping up in and around the box at the right place, at the right time and nicking a few goals. Also, if you care to remember, he was still a passenger verses every proper opposition we came up against during his bit of purple patch. A proper flat track bully, if I may.

A selfish fucker who infuriates as much as Mr. 140k per week Walcott. Not some top talent who'd be anywhere impossible to replace. Would definitely sell him for 50 mil, if anyone were foolish enough to pay that much for him.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Blood_Gooner wrote:He didn't have an incredible season. Some fans tend to turn to embellishment, in a bid to prop up our whatever point of view they are holding on to. He had a good half a season where he pulled a bit of a Lampard - popping up in and around the box at the right place, at the right time and nicking a few goals. Also, if you care to remember, he was still a passenger verses every proper opposition we came up against during his bit of purple patch. A proper flat track bully, if I may.

A selfish fucker who infuriates as much as Mr. 140k per week Walcott. Not some top talent who'd be anywhere impossible to replace. Would definitely sell him for 50 mil, if anyone were foolish enough to pay that much for him.
Whereas others rewrite history to suit their opposite point of view. "He pulled a bit of a Lampard" is a pretty pathetic description for the standout player in the league for that time who was propelling us to wins left, right and centre. Besides, like it or not Lampard helped carry that Chelsea team to a bucketload of trophies.

I am not saying that he can still dine out on that, that it means he will ever show that form again or that it means we should turn down £50m for him.

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Where have I tried to rewrite history? You seriously need to relax a bit and stop acting like you are more right than everyone else all the time. It's exactly what he did. He has been desperately trying to replicate that few months of Lampard-esque goalscoring form, which is why most will openly admit how selfish a player he is. Funny thing is, if he starts scoring a few goals for the remainder of the season, all his silly little flicks and chips will be overlooked like back when he had his little 6 months flurry of goals against mostly the lesser teams of the league.

I repeat, he won't be a big miss, if we find a club foolish enough to pay us 50 mil for him. It's been 8 years and counting now that we've been waiting for him to become a top midfielder able to drive our midfield. Hasn't materialised to date and I'm sure not even you, a fan high up the ranks in the Ramsey fanclub, could ever deny this and remain credible poster on here.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Christ don't throw your toys out the pram fella.

Like presumably everybody on here, I post things as I see them. I don't believe that I am always right any more than anybody else does.

He was immense for those months before his injury (and pretty useful afterwards too including a clinical winner to secure our first trophy for nearly a decade). Suggesting that he was actually only fairly decent during that time is blinkered at best and is something which pretty much every one of his most ardent critics on here (of which there are plenty) accept not to be the case.