Would you sell Ramsey for £50m (now £20m)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you sell Ramsey for £50m

Yes
65%
No
26%
It depends
9%

Total votes: 68

spid

Would you sell Ramsey for £50m (now £20m)

Post by spid »

Hell yeah!!!!

northbank123

Re: Would you sell Ramsey for £50m

Post by northbank123 »

I still think that Ramsey could turn into a real class player for years to come. In recent weeks although still frustrating at times he has shown signs of getting back to 2013 form. Genuine box-to-box midfielders are a priceless commodity and Ramsey has the ability to score goals purely by arriving in the box at the right time - look at how many goals Flampard pilfered throughout his career by doing the same.

Also the team shape looks better with him in there alongside Ozil - whilst Ozil and Cazorla might both individually play ok together it just doesn't really work most of the time and perpetuates this tippy-tappy low-tempo play.

That said, look at what less than £50m can get you with the likes of Sanchez and Ozil.

Could we sign a better player for £50m? Undoubtedly.
Is it worth selling him for £50m? Not necessarily as we don't need the money and would by no means definitely reinvest it in quality, but on balance I would probably say yes - especially as Wenger will probably insist on crowbarring Cazorla back in and shunting Ramsey out of position.

markyp

Post by markyp »

no chance,and replace him with who exactly?? you saw yesterday the impact when he came on,an on song in form Ramsey is a hard player to replace,the Barca whores can shove it :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I spent as much time dwelling on this as I did on the question 'would I let Hayley McQueen suck me off'

spid

Post by spid »

What is he?

Not disciplined or tough enough to play as a second holding midfield. (Wanyama gave him a lesson at St Marys)

Not good enough to play behind the striker. (He's not Ozil)

Won't play out wide. (Cuts in too much)

He is a really good player, and will do well against most teams, in games we are supposed to win.

As I said in a different thread, he takes too many turns and touches.

He does make a difference when he comes on in games. But £50m?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

spid wrote:What is he?

Not disciplined or tough enough to play as a second holding midfield. (Wanyama gave him a lesson at St Marys)

Not good enough to play behind the striker. (He's not Ozil)

Won't play out wide. (Cuts in too much)

He is a really good player, and will do well against most teams, in games we are supposed to win.

As I said in a different thread, he takes too many turns and touches.

He does make a difference when he comes on in games. But £50m?
He's not worth 50 million - not by a long shot. Doesn't in itself mean we should sell him for that though because you have to consider what we'd do with the money (if anything other the adding it to our cash reserves).

If i ran the show I would sell him at that price without a doubt and spend the money on the best forward we could buy before looking at CM.

And he is a box-to-box midfielder. Any other position or role is a waste of everyone's time.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

F*ck yes, just imagine what Wenker could do with that sort of money

We could have record cash reserves of £250m, its a no-brainer.

He is a good player, with very good stamina towards the end of matches who likes to get on the end of things and score but all too often neglects his defensive duties .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thread Starter shudda done a Poll. :mrgreen:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ozil and Sanchez aside there isn't a single player in our squad that we could sell for 50 million.

Nevertheless, to answer your question in a word.......yes 8)

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Well bubble wrapped with free overnight shipping...

Get it done!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Even if someone wanted to pay us £50m for him, Wanker would find a way to reverse haggle them down to £10m.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

In theory, yes I would sell him for 50 mil.

In practice, however, Wenger would sell him for 50 mil and not spend a dime in replacements. So, no, I would not in this case.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:I still think that Ramsey could turn into a real class player for years to come. In recent weeks although still frustrating at times he has shown signs of getting back to 2013 form. Genuine box-to-box midfielders are a priceless commodity and Ramsey has the ability to score goals purely by arriving in the box at the right time - look at how many goals Flampard pilfered throughout his career by doing the same.

Also the team shape looks better with him in there alongside Ozil - whilst Ozil and Cazorla might both individually play ok together it just doesn't really work most of the time and perpetuates this tippy-tappy low-tempo play.

That said, look at what less than £50m can get you with the likes of Sanchez and Ozil.

Could we sign a better player for £50m? Undoubtedly.
Is it worth selling him for £50m? Not necessarily as we don't need the money and would by no means definitely reinvest it in quality, but on balance I would probably say yes - especially as Wenger will probably insist on crowbarring Cazorla back in and shunting Ramsey out of position.

Pretty much sums it up for me too - I am not a fan of the current system/formation but neither ramsey. ozil or cazorla are good enough or strong enough to play centrally in a 4-4-2. It feels like we are constantly using the system that allows us to squeeze as many of these players into the system as possible, and selling ramsey would lift some of that "pressure". Of course the bottom line is that le cock wouldn't spend the £50m anyway - he would buy two cheaper players and have change left over and then he would boast about the great business he has done :roll:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Who wants to buy him for 50 mil anyway? I'm with most people, 50 mil would be good business, but we wouldn't replace him with anyone better, so why bother?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We are no longer a selling club...we don't need to sell anyone who is a first team regular....