Leicester City Protest

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DERRY GOONER

Re: March Fixtures

Post by DERRY GOONER »

fuming about the leicester game getting changed.. me and the mate were coming over for it, from n.ireland flights bkd, hotel sorted, but the cnuts at sky dont give a hoot about the x amout of supporters of both clubs, who,ll be out of pocket over this... i,ll be cancelling my subscription in protest.

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

It's going to get even worse next season as they up the number of live matches on TV and start doing Friday nights too, am thinking its time to move to the Pay As You Go model as opposed to season tickets...

They should be reducing ticket prices if they want to mess fans about with unsociable timings.

northbank123

Leicester City Protest

Post by northbank123 »

DERRY GOONER wrote:fuming about the leicester game getting changed.. me and the mate were coming over for it, from n.ireland flights bkd, hotel sorted, but the cnuts at sky dont give a hoot about the x amout of supporters of both clubs, who,ll be out of pocket over this... i,ll be cancelling my subscription in protest.
This is a complete and utter disgrace.

Barring exceptional circumstances (which this isn't by a long cry) fixtures should never be moved after being confirmed and/or tickets being sold.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

This is a fucking joke.
Just been on the Leicester forum, and they are going crazy.
Many had booked trains/hotels, all non-refundable.

I guess it was too much to ask for: 3pm Saturday, top of the table clash.

But Sky have seriously fucked up, moving the date so close to the match.

Going to be a shite atmosphere. I detest Sunday lunchtime KO's more than every other time slot for a game.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leicester City fans planning to protest at Emirates over just three weeks notice at TV rearranging the game - banners & boycott first 5 mins
10:22pm - 21 Jan 16

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

I thought I was going mental when I looked at the tickets page a minute ago and saw the Leicester game was suddenly on Sunday. What a fucking joke, but I'm not surprised, the clubs are more than happy to take Sky's money and who gives a fuck about the fans. Protesting will do fuck all as always unless it's a widespread boycott (which will never happen).

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Some of the 'amazing' games being televised in the next couple of months:

Norwich v Liverpool
Everton v Swansea
West Ham v Villa
Watford v Chelsea
Villa v Liverpool
West Ham v Sunderland
West Brom v Crystal Palace

Who the fuck wants to watch those apart from fans of those clubs?! Imagine how much more shit they're going to televise when Friday nights start next season.

QuartzGooner

Re: March Fixtures/Leicester Game Re Arranged

Post by QuartzGooner »

Leicester switch a joke.
Insult to fans of both clubs.
Plus we do not seem to do so well as a team for early kick offs.
It is one thing to move it to a different time slot on the Saturday but to midday on a Sunday?

Fans of both clubs should turn our backs on the game for the first five minutes as a protest.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic ... e-minutes/

Petezzz

Re: March Fixtures/LEICESTER Game Re-Arranged

Post by Petezzz »

This is an absolute joke, I dunno if I can even make the game now as I need to get this off work.
I don't know about anyone else, but Arsenal didn't even at least email me to let me know the fixture had been changed, I found out off a friend yesterday

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Hopefully the FSF can keep bringing this up and all fans can support any complaints about rearranged fixtures. It's getting beyond a joke and is affecting fans of all clubs. It's only a few weeks since Allardyce was bringing up the fact that the premier league chose to rearrange our game at Swansea after tickets were sold. We got little sympathy like but they complained that a Sunday morning FA cup match followed by a home Tuesday night match (so about 2 and a half days between them) wasn't fair. The premier league agreed.

This meant instead we had useless trains and accommodation and the club had to go away to Swansea on the Wednesday night (bit of a journey) and then away to spurs Saturday morning (yes, about two and a half days between them but both important league matches and both away). Swansea ended up making ten changes for the FA cup game and then eleven changes back for the league game, the absolute bastards. I was very glad when we got the rub of the green and beat the twats

All fans are getting fucked over by the authorities, the tv companies and in some cases the clubs. With tv money increasing fans that actually go to games are being increasingly seen as unneeded, more of a hassle than anything else. I hope the gooners join in with / applaud the Leicester protest, even just for their fans but especially when you have a lot of arsenal fans who are being fucked over by this too. It's high time the people in charge remembered that without match attending fans the atmospheres would be even worse and hardly anyone would want to watch, it's time we were treated with a modicum of respect

REB

Post by REB »

two of our supp club were going to this game but now have to cancel , well done skysports you fuckers :twisted:

Gunner Rob

Leicester City Protest

Post by Gunner Rob »

apparently the Leicester City fans are going to boycott the first 5 minutes of the match next month to protest at the late rescheduling.
as we saw at the match v Bayern Munich this can make for quite an effective protest.
I really do think that Arsenal supporters should also join in with this protest.
To be honest most of our supporters boycott the first 5 minutes at matches anyway :oops: so it shouldnt be too hard! :lol:

northbank123

Re: Leicester City Protest

Post by northbank123 »

I think Arsene should refuse to make any further signings in protest.

robbo10

Re: Leicester City Protest

Post by robbo10 »

To be honest most of our supporters boycott the first 5 minutes at matches anyway :oops: so it shouldnt be too hard! :lol:
And the last 10 minutes...

Herd

Post by Herd »

Im surprised ,Leicester are one of the weakest away support groups in the premiership perhaps their club an run them free coaches !
I feel for people who come from afar though , its a cunty thing to face but Ive done it myself and always go for the later flight on a sunday to allow for such shenanigans but some dont have the luxury of that !