Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Burnley (H) | FA Cup R4 | Sat 30th Jan 3pm

Post by Nos89 »

falkirk goon wrote:I havent seen much of them lately so dont know if they're shite...i do know however that were shite.... and that the game will be a massive pile of stinky shite :barscarf:
They're on a good run at the moment up to 5th in league. Id play Sanchez just to give him game time, Theo through the middle as he needs to find some form. Elneny should start, as should chamberlain. At the back give Gabriel and Chambers a run out.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well, I still love the FA Cup. And I'd love if we could make history and win the 3 in a row. 8) :barscarf:

And for those that think that would mean Wenger staying longer? Get a grip. Only one man will decide when Wenger leaves and that is Wenger. What he wins or doesn't win has absolutely no impact on his future. :|

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:Well, I still love the FA Cup. And I'd love if we could make history and win the 3 in a row. 8) :barscarf:

And for those that think that would mean Wenger staying longer? Get a grip. Only one man will decide when Wenger leaves and that is Wenger. What he wins or doesn't win has absolutely no impact on his future. :|
If you pitched this sort of stuff to a publisher as some kind of Orwellian dystopian novel they’d probably say: "Nah, this is too far-fetched; tone it down a bit mate".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Well, I still love the FA Cup. And I'd love if we could make history and win the 3 in a row. 8) :barscarf:

If you pitched this sort of stuff to a publisher as some kind of Orwellian dystopian novel they’d probably say: "Nah, this is too far-fetched; tone it down a bit mate".
:lol:

It certainly has a sense of unreality about it. A football club where success in football is secondary to success in finance and the holder of the key (and most risk intensive) job picks his own boss and decides if and when his own contract will end. :| :(

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Well said DB.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Looking forward to this one.

Live on German Eurosport.

:barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

arseofacrow wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Live on setanta Ireland too. :box:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

mcdowell42 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Live on setanta Ireland too. :box:
Hopefully there'll be plenty of frees.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Telegraph report that Coquelin could make his return against Burnley, & that Welbeck will resume full training tomorrow. #Arsenal
10:40pm - 25 Jan 16

Sean

Post by Sean »

Midz wrote:We'll win this one and get knocked out by the next half decent team to come along.
I have the same concern :(
robbo10 wrote:
g88ner wrote:10 days or so to get Coquelin and Sanchez (and possibly Elneny and Rosicky) ready for Southampton and the title run in with a nice game vs. Burnley to give these guys much needed match fitness.

We've been bumbling along for ages now but we'll have to hit some seriously good form soon before it's too late, and for that to happen Sanchez and Coq will definitely be needed as they provide the drive and energy that this team is badly missing.
By "Title run in" do you mean "Race for a top 4 finish"? :rubchin:
xisstential wrote:Seriously, after yesterday it's going to take most of the week for anybody to even muster up enough interest to care, if at all. The final straw might finally have been reached.
Well it's the ONLY fucking thing we could win. We should be up for it :(

There'll never be a final straw whilst the AKB still exist :banghead:
rodders999 wrote:I wonder if the Egyptian Messi will be deemed acclimatised enough to play some part of this or will he have to continue his apprenticeship on the bench watching the hapless Flamini running around like a headless fucking chicken :roll:
You know he'll be lucky to play half a dozen games before the end of the season :barscarf:

TOF loves barely playing new mid-season signings.
falkirk goon wrote:I havent seen much of them lately so dont know if they're shite...i do know however that were shite.... and that the game will be a massive pile of stinky shite :barscarf:
I concur 8)

How is it that you are ALWAYS right? :lol:
officepest wrote:

Fuck '1984', try '1996' :barscarf:
DB10GOONER wrote:
officepest wrote:

It certainly has a sense of unreality about it. A football club where success in football is secondary to success in finance and the holder of the key (and most risk intensive) job picks his own boss and decides if and when his own contract will end. :| :(
And he earns £970 an hour - every hour - for the pleasure :barscarf:

:suicide:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:I wonder if the Egyptian Messi will be deemed acclimatised enough to play some part of this or will he have to continue his apprenticeship on the bench watching the hapless Flamini running around like a headless fucking chicken :roll:

Was thinking the same myself - if elneny cannot get game time ahead of the brainless French mercenary, then he doesn't deserve to be in our club and somebody should call the Egyptian army to get him to do his national service asap :roll:

Some of you might refer to them as pubbers or second string, but I have to say that right now my interest in the game is largely dependent on their inclusion in the team. I am sick to the bollox of the pampered/entitled attitude of so many of our so called first team, and I would like to see several of our back ups playing in the hope that I wont have to suffer any more dogshite from wally, flamoney or Campbell (works hard but his inability to perform at the top level was cruelly exposed yesterday). Lets bring in Gabriel, elneny, chambers etc and give them a chance to oust some of the overpaid w*nkers in our first team :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
I wonder if the Egyptian Messi will be deemed acclimatised enough to play some part of this or will he have to continue his apprenticeship on the bench watching the hapless Flamini running around like a headless fucking chicken :roll:

Maybe he picked up a leetle knock in training. Should be ready for the start of next years campaign. Btw anybody know where Wilshire is, anybody???

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this lot are in good form - they thrashed a good Derby side last night

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Gunner Rob wrote:this lot are in good form - they thrashed a good Derby side last night
Sounds like a thrashing but the 2 Derby centre backs played like the Chuckle brothers. Own goal, a cheap handball penalty, and a deflection over the keeper.
Decent side, but should be a cake walk.

Sean

Post by Sean »

augie wrote:

Was thinking the same myself - if elneny cannot get game time ahead of the brainless French mercenary, then he doesn't deserve to be in our club and somebody should call the Egyptian army to get him to do his national service asap :roll:

Some of you might refer to them as pubbers or second string, but I have to say that right now my interest in the game is largely dependent on their inclusion in the team. I am sick to the bollox of the pampered/entitled attitude of so many of our so called first team, and I would like to see several of our back ups playing in the hope that I wont have to suffer any more dogshite from wally, flamoney or Campbell (works hard but his inability to perform at the top level was cruelly exposed yesterday). Lets bring in Gabriel, elneny, chambers etc and give them a chance to oust some of the overpaid w*nkers in our first team :roll:
Augie, I refer to our crap youth team as pubbers. I don't consider Gabriel, Elneny, or Chambers pubbers and like you, I'd like to see them be used more. It would be nice to see Elneny actually get a game before the summer.

The trouble is, some of our second string have just as bad an attitude as the first team. I believe the pampered/entitled attitude you mention permeates through the entire club :(

Still, I want to see us lift the FA Cup in May :barscarf: