Attack of the Uber AKB'S

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Re: Attack of the Uber AKB'S

Post by Gunnersaurus »

No, Arsenal supporters not Wenger supporters, don't know what you find difficult to grasp about that, believe it or not the ground is not full of anti Arsenal/Wenger people.

He's kept in a job because he's doing what the club wants but that's another thread all together.

I'm an Arsenal supporter, I didn't think Wenger was a wanker for taking Giroud off (the same Giroud that got booed off by all these 'Wenker supporters' against Monoco but now he's the saviour right?), wasn't sure about the sub but I don't think I'm that ignorant to put it up there on wanker terms (feel free to check my old posts before calling me an AKB) although he does do a lot wrong.

Anyway, it wasn't a row as such, Rugby Gooner just tried to go all 'Online Gooner' on it, a couple told him to wind his neck in and he seemed to oblige.

Ps. He was sitting in a block full of season ticket holders, hate to blow this myth up but there's 40k of them and not 60k day trippers.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I would have put money on gunnersaurus being an upper tier at the emirates kind of fan :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnersaurus wrote:No, Arsenal supporters not Wenger supporters, don't know what you find difficult to grasp about that, believe it or not the ground is not full of anti Arsenal/Wenger people.

He's kept in a job because he's doing what the club wants but that's another thread all together.

I'm an Arsenal supporter, I didn't think Wenger was a wanker for taking Giroud off (the same Giroud that got booed off by all these 'Wenker supporters' against Monoco but now he's the saviour right?), wasn't sure about the sub but I don't think I'm that ignorant to put it up there on wanker terms (feel free to check my old posts before calling me an AKB) although he does do a lot wrong.

Anyway, it wasn't a row as such, Rugby Gooner just tried to go all 'Online Gooner' on it, a couple told him to wind his neck in and he seemed to oblige.

Ps. He was sitting in a block full of season ticket holders, hate to blow this myth up but there's 40k of them and not 60k day trippers.

You honestly feel that the home fans turning against him for an extended period of time (maybe 4 or 5 games in a row) wouldn't see him "eased out" ? :shock: Wenker is doing what the club expects of him but the bottom line for those running the club is £££ and if the flow of income is threatened by the managers performance, then you can be damn sure that loyalty to him will not be top of their list

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:I would have put money on gunnersaurus being an upper tier at the emirates kind of fan :wink:
Yeah thanks.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

augie wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:No, Arsenal supporters not Wenger supporters, don't know what you find difficult to grasp about that, believe it or not the ground is not full of anti Arsenal/Wenger people.

You honestly feel that the home fans turning against him for an extended period of time (maybe 4 or 5 games in a row) wouldn't see him "eased out" ? :shock: Wenker is doing what the club expects of him but the bottom line for those running the club is £££ and if the flow of income is threatened by the managers performance, then you can be damn sure that loyalty to him will not be top of their list
Yeah off course but why are the majority going to do that when we are a win away from being top?

It's not going to happen anytime soon is it? Let's be honest here.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT (let's just hope for Rugby's sake that big African bloke doesn't wade in 5 minutes late :lol:)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

No one comes out of this with much credit.

Especially Wenger :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote: you didn't say anything to the big African lad that walked in 5 mins after
Was he watching from the stands prior to signing a new deal after the game?

"He's coming he's coming home, Eboue's coming home" :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

It's sad to see that there will likely never be a proper rebellion against The Old Fraud at Cashburton. The bloke is untouchable.

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

My ST is in Block 100 on Sunday some PC correct person moaned at me for calling Costa a Dago. I despair of a lot of the people who infest our support now. I kept calm rather than risk being reported to stewards. Bring back the Old School. :banghead: Away matches better.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

goonergeoff wrote:My ST is in Block 100 on Sunday some PC correct person moaned at me for calling Costa a Dago. I despair of a lot of the people who infest our support now. I kept calm rather than risk being reported to stewards. Bring back the Old School. :banghead: Away matches better.
Isn't that a leetle bit racist, mate? It's one thing calling someone a wanker, and another the above.

On another subject, some people just want to protect their space and dare you infest it with your chanting, singing and occasional off hand comment. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

He's a Diego not a Dago !
Its strange how you can call a man a cAnt , but if you call him a "insert nationality" cant you are a racist but if you call him a "insert team ' cant you arent !
Then If you call someone a "insert region" cant you get away with it even though it's racist !

"Ugly Cant" sufficed for me on Sunday.

My missus thinks he lives in a cave and rapes gollum nightly !

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Herd wrote:He's a Diego not a Dago !
Its strange how you can call a man a cAnt , but if you call him a "insert nationality" cant you are a racist but if you call him a "insert team ' cant you arent !
Then If you call someone a "insert region" cant you get away with it even though it's racist !

"Ugly Cant" sufficed for me on Sunday.

My missus thinks he lives in a cave and rapes gollum nightly !

Ah so thats where Agent Moyes ended up :twisted:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:I was at the game yesterday,block 99 upper tier,(no I didn't get a flake,but I met a couple!),row 9. When Wenger took Giroud off I said,(to no one in particular),"What is that wanker taking Giroud off for?" "He is just sending out a message that we won't really be going for it."
At this point,a Jacamo bearded dickhead in the seat in front of me turned around and said,"Can you stop being negative about Arsene as you are spoiling my enjoyment of the game." Then his moose of a missus chimed in,"Yes,you are spoiling his enjoyment of the game." Then the bloke to my left,(sporting the requisite beard,and obviously a mate of the first guy),said,"So you think that you could do a better job than Arsene?" I replied that I was just expressing an opinion to which he retorted,"If you can't say anything constructive,maybe you shouldn't say anything at all."
I then said,"I think that your mate will find that Mertersacker and Wenger have already spoiled his enjoyment of the game but I apologise for sitting in your stadium,and I will shut the fuck up.
When I told the lads I had travelled down with what had occurred they couldn't believe it.They said everyone around them was totally bemused by the Giroud decision.
On the plus side we met a bloke by chance at half time beers who had sat with us regularly in the North Bank upper,Highbury.In one way it redressed the dickhead to decent old school fan ratio a bit, but also sharpened the focus as to how shit watching football at the bowl can be
Haha, I was sat in the row behind you (you're an old boy with silver hair right?) and saw all that but that's not how it looked to me, as soon as you got there you were moaning even when two women walked past you to get to their seats (but noticed you didn't say anything to the big African lad that walked in 5 mins after) the bearded guy disagreed with you as he said that he thought it was the right move to make to try and hit them on the break but you called Wenger a wanker (or something like that which was a little strong and that's why I noticed you) and he told you to shut the fuck up (after you kept going on) because he's trying to watch the game and your barking was spoiling it, didn't hear him defend Wenger, the bloke to the left of you got the hump and asked you to shut up and try and be positive because he was there like everyone and everyone wants to win to which you replied something about you hate losing and having an opinion.

You then went quiet and didn't say another word.

Don't you think calling Wenger a wanker for making subs in a section full of Arsenal supporters would have gone down well? You don't have to be pro or anti Wenger to know that's pretty cuntish behaviour.

They didn't come across as Wenger in or Wenger out to me, it just looked like that thought you was a bit of a Dick so wanted to tell you it.

That was the most entertaining action of the first half for what it's worth :)
Not having a pop at you here Gunnersaurus, but were you ever in the old NB or CE at THOF? The amount of abuse certain players and managers used to get was hysterical and then as soon as said player scored or we won the game said manager and player would get their names sung from the rafters! :lol: Football fans moan - that's what we do! :lol: :wink:

I haven't been to The Conglomerates yet this season (and hopefully won't have to tbh) but has it really gotten that bad that now it's frowned upon to express a negative opinion? Are all our fans now bearded fucking hipsters working in IT??!! :shock: :x

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rugby Gooner wrote:I was at the game yesterday,block 99 upper tier,(no I didn't get a flake,but I met a couple!),row 9. When Wenger took Giroud off I said,(to no one in particular),"What is that wanker taking Giroud off for?" "He is just sending out a message that we won't really be going for it."
At this point,a Jacamo bearded dickhead in the seat in front of me turned around and said,"Can you stop being negative about Arsene as you are spoiling my enjoyment of the game." Then his moose of a missus chimed in,"Yes,you are spoiling his enjoyment of the game." Then the bloke to my left,(sporting the requisite beard,and obviously a mate of the first guy),said,"So you think that you could do a better job than Arsene?" I replied that I was just expressing an opinion to which he retorted,"If you can't say anything constructive,maybe you shouldn't say anything at all."
I then said,"I think that your mate will find that Mertersacker and Wenger have already spoiled his enjoyment of the game but I apologise for sitting in your stadium,and I will shut the fuck up.
When I told the lads I had travelled down with what had occurred they couldn't believe it.They said everyone around them was totally bemused by the Giroud decision.
On the plus side we met a bloke by chance at half time beers who had sat with us regularly in the North Bank upper,Highbury.In one way it redressed the dickhead to decent old school fan ratio a bit, but also sharpened the focus as to how shit watching football at the bowl can be
So, you're saying you didn't enjoy your ''match day experience''?

:-P :wink: