Barca now a supplement for ST holders *word censored*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mistical92

Re: Barca now a supplement for ST holders *word censored*

Post by Mistical92 »

rodders999 wrote:Why anyone thinks the club should behave any differently when we give them fuck all reason to is beyond me. If I'm charging 100 quid for a bucket of shit and you're willing to pay it then that's your problem not mine. If I then decide to charge 140 quid for it and there's a queue of people down the street with their wallets out and ass cheeks pulled apart then roll up....roll fucking up.
Exactly. Barca will sell out like all of the other Cat A games, so there's no reason for them to lower the prices. Protesting once you're in there will do fuck all, as will moaning. Fans are too weak in this country and deservedly get fucked because of it. Take a proper unified stand and we might get somewhere.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Mistical92 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:I think the issue here is not the fact of Farcelona being Cat A. That seems a fairly obvious category assignment.

It's more this decision of divvying up the Cats: 6 Category A, 14 Category B, 6 Category C.

We've played Cat A games against the scum, chavs, United, City, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. By adding a 7th Cat A the price is obviously going up, which is at least part-ameliorated by (rightly) making Burnley and Hull Category C

So really they are sticking to the rules by their own book. It's just that book is overpriced in the first place. Category A prices are just flat out too high, and by introducing the Cat C games, what they hoped to happen was that everyone would think "oh well they're taking away with one hand but at least giving back with the other, fair enough", whereas it's merely served to highlight the fact that Cat C prices are a fair price to pay for a standard game of football, with the real cash cow Cat A games being obscene.
The piss-take was the Bayern match being put up to Category A, for a wanky group stage game. That was cuntery of the highest order.
Not one to defend the ownership but sorry, how could anyone have honestly expected anything different? The reason few, if any, of the previous CL group matches were Cat A is because we were almost always Pot 1. Bayern were semifinalists in last year's competition. Still surprising that anyone was shocked at that.

I agree with the prices overall being too high but can't fathom how people don't read T&Cs when they renew or expect home matches against Barcelona or Bayern Munich to be anything other than Cat A.

Isn't this also the same system that yielded a refund for ST holders last season? What's the net difference? 3-4 quid?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/35494796

Liverpool fans organising a protest this weekend due to ticket price hikes at Anfield, maybe we could do something similar? What if everyone only bought 4 hotdogs instead of 5??

We take the piss out of them as victims (amongst many other things :lol: and deservedly so for the most part) but credit to them for not taking getting shat on by their club lying down. They drove out Hicks and Gillett, in fact they absolutely hounded them out of the club - compare that to the sheer apathy that exists here towards that fucking wig wearing parasite. They've also came together to squeeze out Hodgson and Rodgers too when it was clear for all to see the club was going nowhere under their stewardship.

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Most people that know me call me a thick twat! But even so I'm just not getting my head round this fucking shit!!! I pay for my ST on the agreement that I get 25 games for the money I hand over, 18 home league games plus 7 cup games,correct me if I'm wrong but in the 2 previous seasons we've played a cart A game in the group stage of the CHL a cat A in the last 16 and had a good run in the FA cup, but have not had to pay a surcharge! What's next? An increase in ST half way through the season? What a bunch of Kuntz

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Fuck that. They get enough out of me! Opt out or sell on tx :censored:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Fuck that. They get enough out of me! Opt out or sell on tx :censored:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

gp543 wrote:
Mistical92 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:I think the issue here is not the fact of Farcelona being Cat A. That seems a fairly obvious category assignment.

It's more this decision of divvying up the Cats: 6 Category A, 14 Category B, 6 Category C.

We've played Cat A games against the scum, chavs, United, City, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. By adding a 7th Cat A the price is obviously going up, which is at least part-ameliorated by (rightly) making Burnley and Hull Category C

So really they are sticking to the rules by their own book. It's just that book is overpriced in the first place. Category A prices are just flat out too high, and by introducing the Cat C games, what they hoped to happen was that everyone would think "oh well they're taking away with one hand but at least giving back with the other, fair enough", whereas it's merely served to highlight the fact that Cat C prices are a fair price to pay for a standard game of football, with the real cash cow Cat A games being obscene.
The piss-take was the Bayern match being put up to Category A, for a wanky group stage game. That was cuntery of the highest order.
Not one to defend the ownership but sorry, how could anyone have honestly expected anything different? The reason few, if any, of the previous CL group matches were Cat A is because we were almost always Pot 1. Bayern were semifinalists in last year's competition. Still surprising that anyone was shocked at that.

I agree with the prices overall being too high but can't fathom how people don't read T&Cs when they renew or expect home matches against Barcelona or Bayern Munich to be anything other than Cat A.

Isn't this also the same system that yielded a refund for ST holders last season? What's the net difference? 3-4 quid?
Agree completely. Last season I paid something like £12 less I think, now it's £16.11 more. Swings and roundabouts.

As I said before, by their own system it's fair enough to have Bayern and Farcelona as Cat A. Dinamo Zagreb and Olimpiacos as Cat B instead of knocking that one down to Cat C? More questionable.

In a nutshell, I'm saying that if they want to charge us for X amount of Cat A games per season, then it needs to be clear from the off how many that number will be, and they need to increase the proportion of Cat C games at the other end as a compromise.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

And still the sheep will keep renewing their STs in record numbers :roll:
The club are absolutely right to do it, they're running a full proof cash-hoarding operation being subsidised by the most docile submissive weak-willed sheep in football fandom! I'd do exactly the same because at the end of the day, our plain pathetic spineless fanbase will moan a bit, then pitch a tent outside the Emirates in summer to be the first to get the latest kit from the Armoury, after having been fleeced on increased STs.
Kroenke knows what he's dealing with and is taking it in. And the Arsenal fans will accept it. John Henry at Scousers knows that if he pushes it too far the Scousers will react - which is how Hodgson was turfed out. And Rodgers (who actually competed for a title)
The fascinating thing will be if we ever fell out of Top 4. Would love to see Kroenke keep the same pricing structure because I'm pretty sure the sheep would just carry on shelling out!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

gp543 wrote:
Mistical92 wrote:

:coffeespit: "don't read the T&Cs" ...has to be the single shittest, most ridiculous thing I've ever fckung read on this forum.

Andmate, that's up against some pretty stiff competition (easy rodders :D ) :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Stan has struck gold at Arsenal and he knows it. He has a massive cash cow under his arse which he's going to make an absolute killing from and he's under absolutely zero pressure for his asset to perform. Ching Ching!!!

12 years without a league title....what happens? Nothing.
Manager bungles his way from season to season....what happens? Nothing.
Fuck all or at best peanuts spent in the windows to even try and give the impression of conpeting. Nothing.
Stan tests the waters and steals 3 million in consultancy fees. Nothing.
If, as I fully expect in the coming years he will, starts to take more and more cash out of the club under the context of those bullshit fees - say for instance he takes 10 or even 15 million out next year. What would happen?

Yep, you guessed it....sweet fuck all.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can you blame the club when they know people will shut up and pay it? I have literally never heard a word of discontent about Kroenke at games which is fucking astounding as the bloke is a cancerous leech who would rather see us not succeed because that would mean we've spent too much money.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:Can you blame the club when they know people will shut up and pay it? I have literally never heard a word of discontent about Kroenke at games which is fucking astounding as the bloke is a cancerous leech who would rather see us not succeed because that would mean we've spent too much money.
this is the problem - they know they can get away with it and they will.
great timing by the club by the way. LFC are actually moaning about a £77 ticket (we would actually be celebrating if our category A tickets were so cheap :lol: )

When was the last time we protested about anything???
I find it embarrassing that already this season Bayern Munich came to our place and staged a protest, whilst our fans just looked on like simpletons, and with most of their tickets COSTING MORE than the Munich fans.

Then next week Leicester City are going to stage a protest about the late change in kick off time and our fans will do nothing as usual.

I have said it before, although the season ticket holders are the best fans at Arsenal they are holding the club back. If there had been more protests and less tickets renewed then Wenger would have been long gone. If you are a season ticket holder you are by default keeping Wenger in a job. To the season ticket holders - either give up your ticket and start moaning or PUT UP AND SHUT UP

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

one other thought - if we get a home FA Cup quarter final draw and say we draw Chelsea, City, United or Spurs what are the chances of that being category A as well - and that wont be part of the season ticket credits either

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:one other thought - if we get a home FA Cup quarter final draw and say we draw Chelsea, City, United or Spurs what are the chances of that being category A as well - and that wont be part of the season ticket credits either
Of course it will be cat A, and on tv, bringing in £3m + extra revenue, to top up the Arsenal ISA :barscarf:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Mistical92 wrote:

But as Rodders999 has said, you didn't have to pay it. Don't get me wrong, I think asking us for extra is completely out or order but I swerved the Bayern game because of the price and because it was a non event Group stage game.
Fed up of the club taking the piss out of ALL supporters.....................