Barca now a supplement for ST holders *word censored*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Barca now a supplement for ST holders *word censored*

Post by Chippy »

McDowell just posted this on the Board thread but I really think it needs a new thread. Just when you think they couldn't be more cuntish they prove you absolutely wrong,

news.arseblog.com/2016/02/arsenal-surcharge

BTW if this is a wind up I apologise.

arseofacrow

Re: Barca now a supplement for ST holders *word censored*

Post by arseofacrow »

Chippy wrote:McDowell just posted this on the Board thread but I really think it needs a new thread. Just when you think they couldn't be more cuntish they prove you absolutely wrong,

No, I got an email through to say there'd be an addition of around £16 to next season's season ticket because of the cup ties.

Just keep on bumming us Arsenal :barscarf: :box: :cussing:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

arseofacrow wrote:
Chippy wrote:McDowell just posted this on the Board thread but I really think it needs a new thread. Just when you think they couldn't be more cuntish they prove you absolutely wrong,

No, I got an email through to say there'd be an addition of around £16 to next season's season ticket because of the cup ties.

Dear god I hope ST holders will tell them where to poke it. Any lawyers out there know if this is legal?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Are you suggesting I would wind anyone up :wink:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I think the issue here is not the fact of Farcelona being Cat A. That seems a fairly obvious category assignment.

It's more this decision of divvying up the Cats: 6 Category A, 14 Category B, 6 Category C.

We've played Cat A games against the scum, chavs, United, City, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. By adding a 7th Cat A the price is obviously going up, which is at least part-ameliorated by (rightly) making Burnley and Hull Category C

So really they are sticking to the rules by their own book. It's just that book is overpriced in the first place. Category A prices are just flat out too high, and by introducing the Cat C games, what they hoped to happen was that everyone would think "oh well they're taking away with one hand but at least giving back with the other, fair enough", whereas it's merely served to highlight the fact that Cat C prices are a fair price to pay for a standard game of football, with the real cash cow Cat A games being obscene.

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

Haven't posted for a while but also got the ST email; the club is beyond a joke and this is what having the WIG owning *word censored* has achieved, so much for REDACTION and that Usmanov march (WHY NOTHING AGAINST Kroenke) won't hear a word from any fan groups (RA, AISA, BS ETC) on challenging the club on this, guess the game classification is in the small print...WNAKERS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

email extract below: Match Categorisation
Each season ticket consists of 26 categorised matches. The structure of each season ticket is based on six category A matches; 14 category B matches; and six category C matches.

Depending on the number of matches played in a season and the categories assigned to them, this could result in a refund or additional cost to the price of your season ticket. For example, at the start of this season (2015/2016), all season ticket holders received a cup tie credit refund. This represented the difference between a category B and a category C fixture from pre-paid cup tie credits during the previous 2014/15 season.

As a result of our continued progress in cup competitions this season, our FA Cup Fifth Round home match against Hull City on the weekend of 19/20/21/22 February is the sixth cup credit for the 2015/16 season and will be a category C match.

Consequently, our UEFA Champions League Round of 16 fixture against FC Barcelona, to be played on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 will be our seventh cup tie credit of the season and has been designated as a category A fixture.

Due to the number of matches played this season and the categories assigned to them, there will be an additional cost to your season ticket for the 2016/17 of £16.11. This additional cost will be added to your renewal price for next season.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Are you suggesting I would wind anyone up :wink:
Not at all, but someone on the internet might. :wink:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I would rejig the system and make it far less flexible, which sounds a bad thing but then at least you don't have people making decisions about other people's money halfway through the season. I would keep league and cup separate, first and foremost:-

19 league games:- 8 Cat C, 6 Cat B, 5 Cat A --> scum, chavs, United, City, Liverpool

Fa Cup: 3rd round, 4th round, 5th round Category C as standard, unless playing one of the above 5 Cat A teams. Quarter final Cat B

Europe: all group games Cat C, unless playing a really big name, then Cat A

This still guarantees our greedy horrible club 5 Cat A games a season and probably more. It also brings in more guaranteed and affordable Cat C games than we have at present.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Robin_L wrote:I think the issue here is not the fact of Farcelona being Cat A. That seems a fairly obvious category assignment.

It's more this decision of divvying up the Cats: 6 Category A, 14 Category B, 6 Category C.

We've played Cat A games against the scum, chavs, United, City, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. By adding a 7th Cat A the price is obviously going up, which is at least part-ameliorated by (rightly) making Burnley and Hull Category C

So really they are sticking to the rules by their own book. It's just that book is overpriced in the first place. Category A prices are just flat out too high, and by introducing the Cat C games, what they hoped to happen was that everyone would think "oh well they're taking away with one hand but at least giving back with the other, fair enough", whereas it's merely served to highlight the fact that Cat C prices are a fair price to pay for a standard game of football, with the real cash cow Cat A games being obscene.
Jaysus, don't you think the most expensive STs in the world should include all games especially the football lesson from Barca?

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Zagreb, Olympiacos, Sunderland (FA Cup) - All Category B

Bayern, Barca Category A.

The above were all included as "cup credits" that if given the option they could stick them up their arsehole as far as I'm concerned.

Money grabbing wankers. What the fuck are gonna spend the money on - it certainly ain't players.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

^^ It's the 7th game of 7 cup credits, it is included. The surcharge is a result of us running up too many Cat A games on the bill.

This is nowhere near as a bad a situation as they had on the Manchester United season ticket fiasco, being forced to opt in on a cup payment or else risk forfeiting the ticket. That was absolutely scandalous, here at Arsenal they're just being greedy (and opportunistic) with Cat A prices.

Another option as someone mentioned is to be able to OPT OUT of any of the first 7 cup credits (rather than just the additional ones that get tacked onto your next season bill), that might work.

augie

Post by augie »

I think that it bloody brilliant - anything that the club can do to highlight what utter c.unts they really are, is good news to me 8) There are still far, far too many fans that refuse to protest about anything the club or manager do - 8) They already charge the highest ticket prices in world football, but yet the only one's that have ever protested about it have been opposition fans :oops: Cant blame the club for thinking that they can push this hike onto a fanbase who accept everything thrown at them to date

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There will be some mild murmurings of discontent over this for a few days and then it will all blow over. Then, just as what happens every single other time the club shits on the fans, the masses will roll over, pay up and accept it like they fucking accept everything else.

Why anyone thinks the club should behave any differently when we give them fuck all reason to is beyond me. If I'm charging 100 quid for a bucket of shit and you're willing to pay it then that's your problem not mine. If I then decide to charge 140 quid for it and there's a queue of people down the street with their wallets out and ass cheeks pulled apart then roll up....roll fucking up.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Robin_L wrote:I think the issue here is not the fact of Farcelona being Cat A. That seems a fairly obvious category assignment.

The piss-take was the Bayern match being put up to Category A, for a wanky group stage game. That was cuntery of the highest order.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Chippy wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

Dear god I hope ST holders will tell them where to poke it. Any lawyers out there know if this is legal?
Is roly still about??? Or his feud with gooner ed end him?!