Box office

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: Barca ticket debacle

Post by wilko49er »

Bloke i know in the Gibraltar Arsenal SC mentioned they got 5 tickets.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gp543 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Henry is a Gooner wrote:My guess is very few tickets were still available at 10.00 am this morning.

I understand that around 3500 tickets are held back for Red members, I do wonder how many of these are siphoned off for Corporates & also the Regional Supporters clubs ( who get their allocation a week ahead of us plebs who queue online). I've read recently that the Arsenal Manchester Supporters club alone have over 1300 members & would love to know what percentage of the Red allocation goes to these so called supporters who can gain "free membership" by living outa town.
You are right about the Manchester supporters club. Massive membership and access to tickets for pretty much every game. What pisses me off is they have gained access to barca away tickets ahead of gold members and distributed tickets to their own members. This also applied for the last two cup finals where thousands of gold members didn't get tickets in the ballot. Yeah it's great to have a big fan base but all these supporters clubs should fall in line behind the gooners who have gold or away season tickets.
The Manchester Supporters club is a disgrace to Arsenal Football Club and should be suspended indefinitely. They charge well above face value for tickets so that the club leader has his own trip subsidized. To say nothing of those yellow jackets...

https://twitter.com/darrenrix/status/689112589691912192
Can I just say anyone who comes from Manchester and wears one of these jackets is a fucking tool. If I was a manure or a city fan I wouldn't have any problem labelling these fans JCLS. It's bad enough that this association is creaming tickets that they shouldn't be entitled to in the first place.

I was wondering why it's soo hard to get tickets for away games these days, clearly all these affiliated supporters clubs are taking a set % of the overall allocation meaning that you need a silly amount of away credits to even come close to getting a ticket. I am still fuming at not going to Barca after making the trip to Munich.

We play spurs in a few weeks, there will no doubt be some of these mancs in our end whilst thousands of locally based gooners miss out. Something just doesn't sit well here.

I am old fashioned I believe you should support your local club, when I was a kid the first team I supported was Barnet because they where just up the road from me and I hated Enfield! I used to go to Barnet one week Arse the next and you would quite often see the same faces in both the North Bank and the West Bank Underhill. Fast forward 30 years and football is full of JCLs, plastics and hangers on. Bring back Highbury!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
gp543 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Henry is a Gooner wrote:My guess is very few tickets were still available at 10.00 am this morning.

I understand that around 3500 tickets are held back for Red members, I do wonder how many of these are siphoned off for Corporates & also the Regional Supporters clubs ( who get their allocation a week ahead of us plebs who queue online). I've read recently that the Arsenal Manchester Supporters club alone have over 1300 members & would love to know what percentage of the Red allocation goes to these so called supporters who can gain "free membership" by living outa town.
You are right about the Manchester supporters club. Massive membership and access to tickets for pretty much every game. What pisses me off is they have gained access to barca away tickets ahead of gold members and distributed tickets to their own members. This also applied for the last two cup finals where thousands of gold members didn't get tickets in the ballot. Yeah it's great to have a big fan base but all these supporters clubs should fall in line behind the gooners who have gold or away season tickets.
The Manchester Supporters club is a disgrace to Arsenal Football Club and should be suspended indefinitely. They charge well above face value for tickets so that the club leader has his own trip subsidized. To say nothing of those yellow jackets...

Can I just say anyone who comes from Manchester and wears one of these jackets is a fucking tool. If I was a manure or a city fan I wouldn't have any problem labelling these fans JCLS. It's bad enough that this association is creaming tickets that they shouldn't be entitled to in the first place.

I was wondering why it's soo hard to get tickets for away games these days, clearly all these affiliated supporters clubs are taking a set % of the overall allocation meaning that you need a silly amount of away credits to even come close to getting a ticket. I am still fuming at not going to Barca after making the trip to Munich.

We play spurs in a few weeks, there will no doubt be some of these mancs in our end whilst thousands of locally based gooners miss out. Something just doesn't sit well here.

I am old fashioned I believe you should support your local club, when I was a kid the first team I supported was Barnet because they where just up the road from me and I hated Enfield! I used to go to Barnet one week Arse the next and you would quite often see the same faces in both the North Bank and the West Bank Underhill. Fast forward 30 years and football is full of JCLs, plastics and hangers on. Bring back Highbury!!!
You're from Enfield, mate? Surely your "local team" would have been the scum then, no? :rubchin:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Interestingly, I had a dream last night that we beat the Whores 5-0. 8)

Ozil got a screamer, Sanchez a hat trick and Petit scored a penno!! :shock: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Interestingly, I had a dream last night that we beat the Whores 5-0. 8)

Ozil got a screamer, Sanchez a hat trick and Petit scored a penno!! :shock: :lol:
And Daniel Levy paid for his taxi to the game too :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Interestingly, I had a dream last night that we beat the Whores 5-0. 8)

And Daniel Levy paid for his taxi to the game too :barscarf:
:lol: :barscarf:

Levy must still wake up at night screaming and crying about that! :lol: 8)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
gp543 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

You're from Enfield, mate? Surely your "local team" would have been the scum then, no? :rubchin:

:wink:
I used to live in Enfield Lock, was born and brought up in the New Southgate area which is where I am now. Local club used to be Barnet before they moved away. Ironically Enfield Town FC moved away from the area years ago. Their fanbase is predominantly spud orientated so it's not surprising that I chose Barnet!

That aside, I hope that someone feels strongly enough to give Arse a kick up the backside about their ticketing policies when it comes to this sort of thing. I really cannot be bothered anymore. Just gonna get my 5 credits and play the game like everyone else.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

nut flush gooner wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly mate.

All these wankers who come to Germany every week to, primarily, "support" Dortmund. Why not my club, Fortuna Koln? Cos they're not very fashionable, they're in the third division, they don't have the yellow wall, they're not very successful and they're not on TV that often.

When football clubs are grown out of their community and this is passed through the generations, that is the soul of the club. Can you compare someone with a local background and family to club heritage to someone who started supporting Arsenal cos we had Bergkamp and Henry?

ok, breathe.... :roll: :lol: :barscarf:

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

cardinal2011 wrote:
mattyb wrote:I had the same problem too...spent 70 mins doing redial only to get through and find out its all sold out in the family enclosure.
I wanted to get my son and his mates tickets but no chance. ..

Emailed the club and basically they said its tough shit ...if id had the opportunity to buy online for kids i would have but you can only call in when purchasing for kids...

The whole tickets purchase system is rubbish and crashes ...it crashed during the spurs sale window too..

Maybe stan should sell a couple acres and upgrade our website payment system... :cussing:

I always manage to buy kids tickets online during the silver/JG sale. I think I have only ever had to phone in once and that was while on holiday and nowhere near a computer. This time was a lot more grief though what with them twice postponing the sale after it had started.
I was told by the club that jg tickets in the family enclosure can only be purchased with a adult ...your not able to purchase jg tickets on their own. .?

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

mattyb wrote:
cardinal2011 wrote:
mattyb wrote:I had the same problem too...spent 70 mins doing redial only to get through and find out its all sold out in the family enclosure.
I wanted to get my son and his mates tickets but no chance. ..

Emailed the club and basically they said its tough shit ...if id had the opportunity to buy online for kids i would have but you can only call in when purchasing for kids...

The whole tickets purchase system is rubbish and crashes ...it crashed during the spurs sale window too..

Maybe stan should sell a couple acres and upgrade our website payment system... :cussing:

I always manage to buy kids tickets online during the silver/JG sale. I think I have only ever had to phone in once and that was while on holiday and nowhere near a computer. This time was a lot more grief though what with them twice postponing the sale after it had started.
I was told by the club that jg tickets in the family enclosure can only be purchased with a adult ...your not able to purchase jg tickets on their own. .?
I have only ever bought my two lads tickets with me getting one also. However I know people who have got thier kids tickets so they can go on thier own. The Youngs Guns section is for 12-16 year olds only and adults are not allowed to sit with the kids. Therefore I assume that jg's can be purchased on thier own.

However I know that adults can only buy a ticket in the family enclousure if they are also getting a jg ticket also.

Simon

Post by Simon »

As mentioned a few posts up, I was able to purchase two for my nephews online with their Junior Gunners memberships without an adult ticket in the family enclosure.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Supporters clubs have their own separate portal that they apply for tickets through, they request a certain number and then find out a few weeks later how many they have got. They can also request standby tickets which become available nearer the time of the game.

The thing that grates on me about Arsenal Manchester more than anything else is indeed the jackets, not a fan of their Dear Leader (Wenger II?) but turning up with Manchester splattered up their back like spunk up a cheap whore is laughable. The point of away games is you are all Arsenal, but these cnuts feel that apparently it needs to be made clear they are special and part of some clan. Looking like a bunch of kids in hi vis jackets touring london. Pathetic.

To echo the other sentiments, tickets for supporters clubs should be available to foreign clubs only. There's nothing to stop people pooling together on season tickets here as most games will be well attended.

Grant jones

Online box office

Post by Grant jones »

I know this can be slow but fuck me it's painful at the moment!!!

Herd

Re: Box office

Post by Herd »

Arsenal in ticket shocker ? Been happening for years !

Herd

Post by Herd »

Use of the word penno is almost as bad as the words Footy and soccer !

You should be ashamed of yerself !