Box office

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jeremy

Box office

Post by Jeremy »

I am a Silver with nephew who is a 10 year old JG. He is learning to love Arsenal but whatever I say basically thinks Neymar and Messi are Gods so I thought I should pull out all the stops for this one and make sure we all got tickets.

So today was the forth day in the last 2 weeks I have spent / wasted many hours each time trying to buy Barca tickets. What a ferkin joke. They postpone the sale twice whilst its underway ( and I have rearranaged work to make sure I m able to log on and hammer the phone) and then on the third attempt yesterday fail despite hitting the phone and virtual q as hard as possible. My phone said I pressed redial 230 times. So in vain I tried again today during the Red sale ......which perhaps was pointless... but I had to try. Nothing.Nadda.

So disappointed ....and so is the little one

Anyone else have similar experience ? I know I have no right to tickets for this game but I can't help feeling the booking system needs to be sorted out so it doesn't fail so often whatever the demand

mattyb

Re: Barca ticket debacle

Post by mattyb »

I had the same problem too...spent 70 mins doing redial only to get through and find out its all sold out in the family enclosure.
I wanted to get my son and his mates tickets but no chance. ..

Emailed the club and basically they said its tough shit ...if id had the opportunity to buy online for kids i would have but you can only call in when purchasing for kids...

The whole tickets purchase system is rubbish and crashes ...it crashed during the spurs sale window too..

Maybe stan should sell a couple acres and upgrade our website payment system... :cussing:

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

My guess is very few tickets were still available at 10.00 am this morning.

I understand that around 3500 tickets are held back for Red members, I do wonder how many of these are siphoned off for Corporates & also the Regional Supporters clubs ( who get their allocation a week ahead of us plebs who queue online). I've read recently that the Arsenal Manchester Supporters club alone have over 1300 members & would love to know what percentage of the Red allocation goes to these so called supporters who can gain "free membership" by living outa town.

REB

Post by REB »

the supp club im a member of we asked for 12 and got 5 .

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

I didn't know that supporters clubs get tickets like that. Makes sense I suppose.

I was told on the Arsenal ticket phone line that 3500 Red tickets were available ( half on phone , half online) for this game.

Shame there isn't an Oxford Gooners Supporters club as I can't see one with a quick google search.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i'm glad I boycott category A games when i hear stories like this.

never going to be protests at Arsenal, like at Liverpool though is there when you have so many people happily paying stupid money to watch us get beat in this round, season after season :roll:

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

got bounced multiple times one the "waiting patient" bar as Silver - ended up getting one of the final two tickets left... I'm sure there are dodgy software users snagging the system! :x

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

mattyb wrote:I had the same problem too...spent 70 mins doing redial only to get through and find out its all sold out in the family enclosure.
I wanted to get my son and his mates tickets but no chance. ..

Emailed the club and basically they said its tough shit ...if id had the opportunity to buy online for kids i would have but you can only call in when purchasing for kids...

The whole tickets purchase system is rubbish and crashes ...it crashed during the spurs sale window too..

Maybe stan should sell a couple acres and upgrade our website payment system... :cussing:

I always manage to buy kids tickets online during the silver/JG sale. I think I have only ever had to phone in once and that was while on holiday and nowhere near a computer. This time was a lot more grief though what with them twice postponing the sale after it had started.

Simon

Post by Simon »

I was extremely annoyed at the time wasted logging on and waiting on two prior occasions only to find the sale had been aborted.

However when the Junior Gunners / Silver sale finally commenced on Tuesday I got into the site at about 10.10am and was easily able to buy two tickets for my nephews in the family section with their JGs memberships.

I was genuinely surprised that it was so straightforward. Don't know if the waiting time is random/luck or genuinely down to how many people are queuing ahead of you.

REB

Post by REB »

Jeremy wrote:I didn't know that supporters clubs get tickets like that. Makes sense I suppose.

I was told on the Arsenal ticket phone line that 3500 Red tickets were available ( half on phone , half online) for this game.

Shame there isn't an Oxford Gooners Supporters club as I can't see one with a quick google search.
We get tickets for every game, 5/6 is the normal amount but the big supporter clubs get 100s of tickets. I took two of our 5 so I'm sorted :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

REB wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I didn't know that supporters clubs get tickets like that. Makes sense I suppose.

We get tickets for every game, 5/6 is the normal amount but the big supporter clubs get 100s of tickets. I took two of our 5 so I'm sorted :wink:
Good man, REB. Rub it in. :lol: :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Henry is a Gooner wrote:My guess is very few tickets were still available at 10.00 am this morning.

I understand that around 3500 tickets are held back for Red members, I do wonder how many of these are siphoned off for Corporates & also the Regional Supporters clubs ( who get their allocation a week ahead of us plebs who queue online). I've read recently that the Arsenal Manchester Supporters club alone have over 1300 members & would love to know what percentage of the Red allocation goes to these so called supporters who can gain "free membership" by living outa town.
You are right about the Manchester supporters club. Massive membership and access to tickets for pretty much every game. What pisses me off is they have gained access to barca away tickets ahead of gold members and distributed tickets to their own members. This also applied for the last two cup finals where thousands of gold members didn't get tickets in the ballot. Yeah it's great to have a big fan base but all these supporters clubs should fall in line behind the gooners who have gold or away season tickets.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Henry is a Gooner wrote:My guess is very few tickets were still available at 10.00 am this morning.

You are right about the Manchester supporters club. Massive membership and access to tickets for pretty much every game. What pisses me off is they have gained access to barca away tickets ahead of gold members and distributed tickets to their own members. This also applied for the last two cup finals where thousands of gold members didn't get tickets in the ballot. Yeah it's great to have a big fan base but all these supporters clubs should fall in line behind the gooners who have gold or away season tickets.
The Manchester Supporters club is a disgrace to Arsenal Football Club and should be suspended indefinitely. They charge well above face value for tickets so that the club leader has his own trip subsidized. To say nothing of those yellow jackets...

https://twitter.com/darrenrix/status/689112589691912192

REB

Post by REB »

DB10GOONER wrote:
REB wrote:

Good man, REB. Rub it in. :lol: :wink:

My first game of the season as tbh I couldn't be arsed to go to games anymore due to the cost and boredom of the emirates.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:

What a fucking joke. Supporters Clubs should only get tickets if they are based overseas. Arsenal Manchester, piss off.