Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by MrT »

Win

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Sure everyone is hoping for the much needed win, but in all fairness the way they are playing gives little confidence at present

Just hope they can suddenly turn it around with a great performance, but so many players out of confidence or just lost their form not expecting it.....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:Sure everyone is hoping for the much needed win, but in all fairness the way they are playing gives little confidence at present

Just hope they can suddenly turn it around with a great performance, but so many players out of confidence or just lost their form not expecting it.....
We can all see it so that means Wenger can as well so he will know just what to say to motivate them, lift them out of this slump & lead us to glorious victory. He doesn't get 8 mil a year for nothing.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Win by any means nescessary !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Redarmy wrote: Just hope they can suddenly turn it around with a great performance, but so many players out of confidence or just lost their form not expecting it.....
Exactly. I've been expecting us to wake up out of our coma every week since the debacle at St. Mary's and each week it's the same lethargic disinterested dross that's served up. I'm not expecting much change on Sunday but united are so poor at the moment that even our mediocre best may be enough....just.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Redarmy wrote: Just hope they can suddenly turn it around with a great performance, but so many players out of confidence or just lost their form not expecting it.....
Exactly. I've been expecting us to wake up out of our coma every week since the debacle at St. Mary's and each week it's the same lethargic disinterested dross that's served up. I'm not expecting much change on Sunday but united are so poor at the moment that even our mediocre best may be enough....just.
We haven't played well really since City in mid-December.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We simply have to beat a utd team minus rooney, who loves to score against us and hopefully de gea. We need to find our goalscoring boots, Sunday will be a great day to do it.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

ashford gooner wrote:
Mistical92 wrote:
ashford gooner wrote:For the first time I am travelling by train to this one - what is the best way to get to the ground from Manchester Picadilly and can anyone recommend any city centre pubs?

Stick around the city centre and get the train to the ground, easy enough and return was under a tenner for the FA Cup game IIRC. Piccadilly Tavern is ok for food and two minutes from the station but if away fans start singing in there they stop serving and kick you out, there's another pub a minute (literally) along that road though that doesn't mind away fans.[/quote]

Cheers Rob - are you going?

You mean The Brunswick. At one time it used to be the haunt of Citys support, who would always be very polite and ask you the time when you came out of the station :box: :lol:

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

Martial injured in warmup

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Martial is not playing in United's match tonight as he has pulled a hamstring in the warm up. I don't know how bad is is or if he will play on Sunday.
Last edited by casgooner on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martial picked up an apparent hamstring injury in Utd's pre match warm up tonight,and is now a doubt for the game on Sunday,de gea not in their team either tonight.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

casgooner wrote:Martial is not playing in United's match tonight as he has pulled a hamstring in the warm up. I don't know how bad is is or if he will play on Sunday.
Doesn't really matter does it?? He hasn't exactly been pulling up trees over there. I've just got that sickening feeling, the way we have been playing the last 2 months, that no matter who they put out there........ :( :(

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

xisstential wrote:
casgooner wrote:Martial is not playing in United's match tonight as he has pulled a hamstring in the warm up. I don't know how bad is is or if he will play on Sunday.
Doesn't really matter does it?? He hasn't exactly been pulling up trees over there. I've just got that sickening feeling, the way we have been playing the last 2 months, that no matter who they put out there........ :( :(
When you haven't won a league game at a ground in nearly 10 years, and you posses zero bottle, then it's hard to be confident of us winning. We couldn't beat Chelsea when they were giving away points for fun, so I expect this to be similar. The fact is that in league games against them with Moyes and van Gaal as manager, we have P5, W1(Home this season), L2, and D2.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Typically they start to show a bit of form just before meeting us, we'll win though :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Typically they start to show a bit of form just before meeting us, we'll win though :barscarf:
Hardly showing a return to form. They beat a 4th tier team equivalent at home. Even then it wasn't as easy as the scoreline suggests.