Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Its not the fact that we lost which is why I'm pissed off and sickened by yesterday. It's the fact that we didn't even have the guts to try. The worst United team in decades and we turned over and didn't even bite.

We had the players to factually take the piss at their ground yesterday but instead we let Van Gaal, a man who lost to a pub side founded in 1999, look tactically brilliant.

If we play well but lose then oh well but the fact we were abysmal is sickening.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

It was the last ten minutes that killed me. They were taking the piss and we didn't really try. Even if we had got an equaliser it could have made a difference in the so called title chase, but no urgency. :x

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chippy wrote:It was the last ten minutes that killed me. They were taking the piss and we didn't really try. Even if we had got an equaliser it could have made a difference in the so called title chase, but no urgency. :x
Absolutely mate. We gave up with 10-15 to go. Although if we had scored you could bet everyone would have perked up again. This mental strength stuff is laughable, no other side in the league would have given up like we did. As Souness said its so obvious that we lack it that Wenger is probably banging on about it all the time to try and convince the team that we do.

Not ideal but we could even have just pumped the ball forward at the end - not normally profitable but none of their defenders won a single header and Giroud would have beaten them every time. We didn't even bother. Disgusting.

I was so ashamed of the team yesterday - at basically every other game I've ever been to the fans have still gotten right behind the team until the end and plenty of people will find positives or blame anyone and everyone (eg the ref) but not yesterday - everyone could see how dire we were and how little effort we were putting in.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I'm beyond caring..... The scum *word censored* will win the league now, I can't believe I'm even writing this shit..

:suicide:

augie

Post by augie »

Sky interviewed 5 manure "fans" outside their shithole ground today - 1 was a Londoner, I was a jock, 2 were from Dublin (knackers of course :wink: ) and there was the token 1 manc :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

northbank123 wrote:
Chippy wrote:It was the last ten minutes that killed me. They were taking the piss and we didn't really try. Even if we had got an equaliser it could have made a difference in the so called title chase, but no urgency. :x
Absolutely mate. We gave up with 10-15 to go. Although if we had scored you could bet everyone would have perked up again. This mental strength stuff is laughable, no other side in the league would have given up like we did. As Souness said its so obvious that we lack it that Wenger is probably banging on about it all the time to try and convince the team that we do.

Not ideal but we could even have just pumped the ball forward at the end - not normally profitable but none of their defenders won a single header and Giroud would have beaten them every time. We didn't even bother. Disgusting.

I was so ashamed of the team yesterday - at basically every other game I've ever been to the fans have still gotten right behind the team until the end and plenty of people will find positives or blame anyone and everyone (eg the ref) but not yesterday - everyone could see how dire we were and how little effort we were putting in.

I think most of the support there on Sunday thought the same. Where I was standing everyone had given up, plenty of "Fuck off Wenger shouts" and no one said anything in support of him.
As you say, 15 mins left and United were taking the piss out of us. No effort or urgency and its so disheartening. The one constant is the manager and until he goes................................

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

flash gunner wrote:I'm beyond caring..... The scum *word censored* will win the league now, I can't believe I'm even writing this shit..

:suicide:

Certainly, a 2 horse race. Leicester for me mate.
Can't believe how we are 3rd. Just shows how bad the rest are this year.

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

Chippy wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:We'll beat this mob 2-0. The deciding away games are scum away and city away!! :barscarf:
:lol:
We are very tolerant here mate, but if you just come to wum, you are gone.
Apologies mate, not here on a wind up.

I thought you lot would spank us on Sunday to be honest. Horrified that we won with the kids.

It's all on Wenger IMO. If you turned up with Klopp or even Pardew as manager on Sunday, with your 11 v our makeshift 11, it would have been an Arsenal win.

augie

Post by augie »

Derek Acorah wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:We'll beat this mob 2-0. The deciding away games are scum away and city away!! :barscarf:

I thought you lot would spank us on Sunday to be honest. Horrified that we won with the kids.

It's all on Wenger IMO. If you turned up with Klopp or even Pardew as manager on Sunday, with your 11 v our makeshift 11, it would have been an Arsenal win.

I'm just waiting for the customary "arsene wenger we want you to stay" chants from opposition fans IF we are losing at the shithole on saturday :roll: :oops: :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Derek Acorah wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:

I am glad that you have finally realised our predicament.
Most supporters look at us Arsenal fans and think we are just spoilt ungrateful bastards.

You have had a couple of bad seasons to realise how tough 11 seasons of this same shit must be

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Edit