Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fabiandeguisson

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by fabiandeguisson »

arseofacrow wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:It's ok to have a dig at Ramsey...
Watch how many times Rambo passes the ball sideways to a player who is less than ten yards away and then instantly puts his arms out as if to say "I'll have it back". He then gets it back, turns round and does the exact same thing to the player on the other side of him! So so frustrating to watch and completely pointless. i swear sometimes he is just trying to get his OPTA passes completed stats up.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BFG4 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I hope everyone's allowed themselves a little bit of 'personal time' on Sunday afternoon in case we do win.

13 points clear of 5th.......the dream of Olympiacos followed by Barca / Bayern in the last 16 stays alive for another year. I can already feel the tingling of anticipation in my loins

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Secretly you were hoping that we could secure 4th with a win on the last day of the season against Villa. I mean, who could forget the great days like Newcastle away or West Brom away when we secured 4th, that's what being a fan is all about :barscarf: :barscarf:
Well I've been thinking for some time that the March collapse will be triggered by the CL exit and that we'd end up in a race for 4th but Man Ure have been so shocking that they can't string more than a couple of wins together. Imagine the fun we'd have though beating old moneybags Southampton or West Ham into 4th. If it went to the final game this season then 60,000 worshippers could celebrate beating already relegated Villa, rather than only a privileged few away fans at St James's or the Hawthorns. Truly an occasion worthy of a lap of appreciation

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:'Old Shatford'? Really? How old is the OP, 12?

Anyway, I remember when we were the two power teams in the league - like most of you do probably. Now we're both a bit of a joke - although you lot are a better side than us these days but that's like saying my lump of poo smells nicer than yours.

I don't care if you get 3 points. As long as Man City don't win the league that will do me. Our league campaign is over, we'll be lucky to get Europa next season.

we are the title favourites in case you have forgotten... :wink:
good win for you over midgetland last night though :lol:
Lefty and his Ewok husband OneBard are devastated. :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Time bandit :twisted:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We should win this but we just aren't scoring goals and in football that's a bit of a drawback :?

Wouldn't know how to predict the score so must be a draw, 0-0 or 1-1

Or a thumping 4-1 victory :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Ramsey is definitely a favourite with Wenger immunity.

He had started something like 30-odd games in a row until he got injured earlier this season I think, even though he was playing shit week after week.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:Ramsey is definitely a favourite with Wenger immunity.

He had started something like 30-odd games in a row until he got injured earlier this season I think, even though he was playing shit week after week.
Earlier in the season I was calling for The Ox to start ahead of Ramsey on the right but, in fairness to Ramsey, since moving centrally I'd be hard pushed to say Walcott, Chamberlain or Campbell have outperformed him from the right; if anything I think we've looked more vulnerable and Bellerin less effective.

As for centrally, he's only playing because Cazorla is injured (and possibly Wilshere). The alternatives being Flamini and (recently) Elneny, so I can understand why Ramsey is starting games still.

His form has been poor but injuries and a lack of signings would make Ramsey a reluctant starter in my XI.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Spooky wrote:I'm putting a fiver on Welbeck to hit the net.

He has looked fresh since his return and will be up for it against his old employer.

Best way to choke LVG - Danny to knock them out of europe next season!
Yup! If any of the Arsenal players is going to score it's Welbeck :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
trustno10 wrote:Anyone but Ramsey in midfield for this please.
Agreed. I'd start Elneny ahead of him right now.
I agree. Let's use the new boy for a change.
BFG4 wrote:I think Wenger must never watch videos of past matches, or he would have seen Ramsey give the ball away a million times, or constantly fluffing his lines when he has a chance of scoring. Then again, this is the same guy who has allowed Walcott to reach his 10th(undeserved)year at the club, so nothing surprises me when it comes to Wenger.
:coffeespit:

TOF? Watch past matches? You'll be claiming he does tactics next :lol:
Spooky wrote:I'm putting a fiver on Welbeck to hit the net.

He has looked fresh since his return and will be up for it against his old employer.

Best way to choke LVG - Danny to knock them out of europe next season!
I hope Welbeck does start, but I heard that TOF doesn't want to use him. Project Giroud must continue.
arseofacrow wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:It's ok to have a dig at Ramsey...
Cheers Rosie! :barscarf:

Ramsey's been consistently shit for months. He gets on the end of a lot of good situations but almost always fucks them up.

That's better. :D
He had one good season since the leg-break. He's been a selfish waster cunnt since then. He could be so much more, if he would cut out the shit. TOF shouldn't be playing him on the wing either :banghead:
SteveO 35 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I hope everyone's allowed themselves a little bit of 'personal time' on Sunday afternoon in case we do win.

13 points clear of 5th.......the dream of Olympiacos followed by Barca / Bayern in the last 16 stays alive for another year. I can already feel the tingling of anticipation in my loins

Secretly you were hoping that we could secure 4th with a win on the last day of the season against Villa. I mean, who could forget the great days like Newcastle away or West Brom away when we secured 4th, that's what being a fan is all about :barscarf: :barscarf:
Well I've been thinking for some time that the March collapse will be triggered by the CL exit and that we'd end up in a race for 4th but Man Ure have been so shocking that they can't string more than a couple of wins together. Imagine the fun we'd have though beating old moneybags Southampton or West Ham into 4th. If it went to the final game this season then 60,000 worshippers could celebrate beating already relegated Villa, rather than only a privileged few away fans at St James's or the Hawthorns. Truly an occasion worthy of a lap of appreciation

I'm already getting a semi thinking about a repeat of this glorious day:

Fuck silverware, the VT is the greatest achievement in world football. Stick your European cups and league titles up your arse, Mourinho/Guardiola/Ancelotti :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

pushed out by barthez-

WILTOOOOOOORD! :shock:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Fortunately Leicester got a last gasp winner. Imagine the panic tomorrow if a victory meant us going top or joint top. Wenger would struggle to motivate the players for that.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Since his getting his ankle re-modeled he oftens over-hits,under-hits,hospital ball,passes straight in to touch.

And the aimless running is something to behold.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Going to a party tonight with my best mate who's a diehard Man Utd fan. Watching the game tomorrow with him. Might have a wee fallout tomorrow! Please Arsenal just f.ucking do this mob!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :box: :box:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Hate to say it, but this is a must win match. We should win, but which Arsenal team will turn up?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

casgooner wrote:Hate to say it, but this is a must win match. We should win, but which Arsenal team will turn up?
Its only a must win if you have any belief that we'll win the title. Sadly for me its another game that if we lose it won't affect the club's bigger picture of qualifying for the Be All and End All

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
casgooner wrote:Hate to say it, but this is a must win match. We should win, but which Arsenal team will turn up?
Its only a must win if you have any belief that we'll win the title. Sadly for me its another game that if we lose it won't affect the club's bigger picture of qualifying for the Be All and End All
Horrendously sad really when we're in a position where everyone accepts Leicester and Spurs can win it but not us - but that is what these bottlers have done to us.

Going to Old Trafford for the first time since we beat Sheffield United with THaT seaman save - not expecting three points though. :cussing: