Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Arsenal at Old Shatford. sunday 28th Feb. 2.05pm

Post by northbank123 »

SPARKSY wrote:Leicester at home to Norwich - Home win
Spurs at home to Swansea - Home win

If that pans out we will have to beat United and even though they are pretty shit, we very rarely win up there. Optimistic I am not :(
What with Spurs away the week after, Is our season about to unravel again.....................................
We need to win at least one of the next two (and not lose to Spurs) - that is the bottom line.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He absolutely has to start Welbeck. I'll never believe Welbeck is a better player than Giroud. Both are PL average at best but Giroud is the better player. Usually.

Unfortunately, Giroud is absolute gash at the moment and has been in shit form for weeks now. Welbeck is back fresh and fired up. He has managed to score recently - and maybe most importantly, he will be motivated to beat manure more than anyone on our team.

We should beat them. They have an amazing injury crisis at the moment. :lol: Their manager is even more clueless than Arsene. :lol: They are the shittest they've been in 25 years. :lol:

BUT

We have bottled so many good opportunities to beat these cúnts of late I'd be surprised not to lose this. We need to smash their arseholes in and finally get that fucking 8-2 monkey off our backs.

Head says 1-1 or 2-1 to the filth. :|
Heart says we smash their shitters in 0-5. :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Unfortunately, Giroud is just returning to his mean level.

:(

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

arseofacrow wrote:Unfortunately, Giroud is just returning to his mean level.

I wonder if Wenger sees it?? Forget all the crap he spouts in public, surely he HAS to be able to see that Walcott, Giroud, Mertersacker etc,etc,etc... are all pants. If he can't he shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch. I think he rewards sycophants and once he commits himself to that he blindly lies to himself and everyone else. The breathtaking arrogance of the man that he takes us for such fools. I remember last year, or perhaps the year before, Arteta was injured during the January transfer window and when asked if he would be buying cover for him Wenger replied "You want to try & find somebody with Arteta's class in the January window, good luck with that". Arteta!! Case closed. And that is who we are dealing with & thousands & thousands of people buy into this crap, flatly refusing to see the evidence before their very eyes. The man is exhausting and the people who still believe in him are borderline insane. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

Anyone but Ramsey in midfield for this please.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

trustno10 wrote:Anyone but Ramsey in midfield for this please.
what, flamini? :lol: :(

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

trustno10 wrote:Anyone but Ramsey in midfield for this please.
There isn't anybody else.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

ashford gooner wrote:For the first time I am travelling by train to this one - what is the best way to get to the ground from Manchester Picadilly and can anyone recommend any city centre pubs?

Stick around the city centre and get the train to the ground, easy enough and return was under a tenner for the FA Cup game IIRC. Piccadilly Tavern is ok for food and two minutes from the station but if away fans start singing in there they stop serving and kick you out, there's another pub a minute (literally) along that road though that doesn't mind away fans.

Offside

Post by Offside »

This SHOULD be three points for us and our first league win at Old Trafford in ten years but with Arsenal it's never that easy. I remember during the Moyes season when teams who had been losing to Man Utd for generations were beating them but we couldn't even score a goal against them in the two league matches. :lol: :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

will be in the away end fearing the worst.

i've said it before and i'll say it now - we're due a win up there :| :mrgreen:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:will be in the away end fearing the worst.

i've said it before and i'll say it now - we're due a win up there :| :mrgreen:
Not the place for the goal fest I keep hoping for?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

arseofacrow wrote:Unfortunately, Giroud is just returning to his mean level.

There was a point about the hour mark yesterday when he reverted to arrogant type and was wandering around, not putting in a shift, pouting and gesticulating (until Jordi Alba snapped him out of it).

The guy could have another 100 careers and he would spend all of them being a Europa League player earning a tiny fraction of what he does now. Signing him as a replacement for van Persie was bad enough, to then have him unchallenged as our lone striker for 4 seasons is a joke when you look at what the other clubs have had at their disposal during this time. You don't win titles with main strikers like Giroud.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

begeegs wrote:Please start Welbeck rather than Lamppost.
:high5:

Regrettably I cannot see us wining this - unless Wenger can inspire the team with one of his famous pre-match talks to forget about the Barca defeat and...and...Ooops! yes of course what was I thinking :roll: :?

we so need a win to stop the next wheel coming off the wenger wagon....and strengthening the groundhog theory.... :?

ashford gooner

Post by ashford gooner »

Mistical92 wrote:
ashford gooner wrote:For the first time I am travelling by train to this one - what is the best way to get to the ground from Manchester Picadilly and can anyone recommend any city centre pubs?

Stick around the city centre and get the train to the ground, easy enough and return was under a tenner for the FA Cup game IIRC. Piccadilly Tavern is ok for food and two minutes from the station but if away fans start singing in there they stop serving and kick you out, there's another pub a minute (literally) along that road though that doesn't mind away fans.
Cheers Rob - are you going?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »