Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by augie »

We will win this game at a canter - we will either come flying out of the traps and bag 2 early goals on the way to a 3-1 win, or we will start nervously but end up winning 2-0 and never be in any real danger

People that think that we will fu.ck up this game because of sunday need to get their blinkers off - easy games after bad results are typical of wenkers reign, and you don't get much easier than a home game against the relegation threatened swans :roll: If our next game had of been against the scum, then a defeat there would have been the fixture that started the mother of all collapses and the battle to remain in the top 4 would have been well and truly on :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:We will scrape a win with Giroud grabbing the winner, and wengerites will use his 1st goal in 10 games as a justification for Wenger not signing a top striker. While Wenger will sprout bullshit about bouncing back, mental strength etc :banghead:
TBH Giroud is so badly out of form I'd be amazed if he scores against the Swans. My money is on Ozil bagging a winner in a 1-0 win.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Finding it hard to get overly bothered about this one.

Not sure the players will have much more enthusiasm, they should because the title is still on, but they wont.

Flat atmosphere, could get nasty - Eboue / Ox Sub style if it goes up the wall.

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

I can see us winning this either pretty comfortably or a laboured narrow win but a win none the less and then Wenger will come out telling us that all is rosy once more but then we will be brought back to earth at the weekend at the Lane.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:We will win and all will be rosies avatar in the Wenger garden

:lol: :-P :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Swansea will score first and we will chase the game - with Ozil and the Lampost scoring to scrape a win and show how our 'mentil stwenff saw us froo" in readiness for NLD and Barcarape

:banghead: :cry:

Jezzzess this really is sooo depressing. :cry:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

It will be a rather scrappy one goal victory.
Then expect more dressing room selfies from Ramsey, a win over Swansea could be the highlight of his season.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Finding it hard to get overly bothered about this one.

Not sure the players will have much more enthusiasm, they should because the title is still on, but they wont.

Flat atmosphere, could get nasty - Eboue / Ox Sub style if it goes up the wall.

You're not the only one mate that can't be arsed, it's been a while since I've seen so may tickets on the Exchange, even Block 6 tickets @£26 are available.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Part of me hopes he has sat down with the players, and read them the riot act, told them that the media and ex-players are laughing at them and questioning their character and to get out there and prove them the FUCK wrong and go and blitz Swansea and then those scummy c.unts from up the road.

Instead he's already been saying that the media reaction is over the top and will adopt the defensive mindset that everyone else is wrong, and he's right and to carry on regardless playing the same way, with the same lack of leadership week in week out

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

^ I fully hope he bollocked them after Sunday!

It is rare nowadays in such tense times - to publicly shame the players though.

At least hid did acknowledge there were "negatives".

Onwards and Upwards tomoz - a bollocking is good...although needs to be balanced as a motivator rather than creating dejection.

We are still in it!

COYG :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Spooky wrote:^ I fully hope he bollocked them after Sunday!

Onwards and Upwards tomoz - a bollocking is good...although needs to be balanced as a motivator rather than creating dejection.

We are still in it!

He didn't think twice of blaming them for last weeks loss v barca

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Spooky wrote:^ I fully hope he bollocked them after Sunday!

We are still in it!

He didn't think twice of blaming them for last weeks loss v barca
Because he takes Europe seriously, he misguidedly sees himself as a big player on that stage. He never loses it with his players after FA Cup or league losses, after all there are European matters to consider for this football giant.Probably already thinking of ways to come back from the Nou Camp with his reputation intact. To us of course, that reputation already collapsed 6 years ago.

Spooky

Post by Spooky »

^I did say rare not unheard of...

But, how much public shaming should there be?

two losses on the spin...going into a must win games after 48hrs - in the PL again...

Like I said, a bollocking is fine as a motivator but not as a dejector...

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Spooky wrote:^I did say rare not unheard of...

two losses on the spin...going into a must win games after 48hrs - in the PL again...

Spooky you're one of these people who think everyone should get a medal for taking part, aren't you :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Spooky wrote:^I did say rare not unheard of...

The man doesn't do motivation. He doesn't do bollockings. His players don't fear him and nor do they fear for their futures. I can always remember a defeat we suffered at craven cottage a few seasons back - the game was on sky that sat evening and I remember watching it and wondering how can any professional player play with such a lack of interest and pride ? The stupid c.unt actually said in the post match interviews that the players were not up for it that evening.........whose job is it to ensure that they are up for it you senile old b*stard ?? :evil: :evil: