AWAY TICKET PRICES CAPPED

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: AWAY TICKET PRICES CAPPED

Post by BFG4 »

The one im happy for is Ty, with these savings, he will be able to afford more merchandise :barscarf:

youngw

Post by youngw »

BFG4 wrote:The one im happy for is Ty, with these savings, he will be able to afford more merchandise :barscarf:
Sleepless nights during the lead up to the release of the 2016/17 catalogue

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

It will be interesting to see the effect this has on demand for away tickets. For example, Newcastle away was what £36 this year? It is and has always been relatively easy to get a ticket to Newcastle away will £26 really sway people?

I guess the fixtures that will become more popular will be games like Norwich away, Hull away (I remember last year in prem they charged us 50 quid) where some people didn't go because they were fleecing us on the ticket prices. The London derbies will always be hard to get a ticket for whether 26 quid or 60.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Mistical92 wrote:Unless the club adopt the Euro policy for all away games then credit farming will take place every game.
This is the ONLY way to stop credit farming and is the fair thing to do, and I'm saying that as someone sat on a shitload of them.

youngw

Post by youngw »

Tommy_Goon wrote:It will be interesting to see the effect this has on demand for away tickets. For example, Newcastle away was what £36 this year? It is and has always been relatively easy to get a ticket to Newcastle away will £26 really sway people?

I guess the fixtures that will become more popular will be games like Norwich away, Hull away (I remember last year in prem they charged us 50 quid) where some people didn't go because they were fleecing us on the ticket prices. The London derbies will always be hard to get a ticket for whether 26 quid or 60.
I don't think it will change too much. For the sake of saving £25, a fan that is willing to travel to the likes of Hull and Norwich would buy a ticket regardless.

The only issue could be those fans buying tickets for the sake of a credit. But lets be honest, that goes on at the moment anyway. It is not difficult to flog a spare for a Premier League game (you only have to look at this forum). It'll be interesting to see how the club approach it. I think I am right in saying the club have only introduced the away credit code system at games when the games have gone down to a very low amount of credits and/or silver/red members. I think a lot of the fans that travel away week in week out and have 60 odd credits could kick up a fuss about having to manually claim their away credit for every game.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Great that away ticket prices have come down definitely a step in the right direction, it will hopefully mean more away fans at the emirates. I have noticed that some of the northern clubs bring a lot less fans these days which does ruin the atmosphere, which isn't great for the average game as it is.

BUT, it's ridiculous for the Cat A games that away fans pay less than half the price of home fans. How can you charge a spud or a chelski fan £30 when it is nearly impossible to get a ticket for the corresponding game away.

The next step should be to put pressure on clubs over home ticket prices.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Nut Flush:

What's the new TV deal worth, £8bn? Any club charging more than £30 for any ticket should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Prices are absolutely scandalous, esp for home games at the Grave.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rosie_titters wrote:with the new Sky deal. They should be letting us in for a tenner
With the way we're playing they should be letting us in for free. :banghead: :rubchin:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

officepest wrote:Nut Flush:

What's the new TV deal worth, £8bn? Any club charging more than £30 for any ticket should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Prices are absolutely scandalous, esp for home games at the Grave.
Yeah pretty sure its that amount. BUT I shouldn't complain, at least rain or the other team doesn't prevent me from seeing the footy. Ohh wait that's the wrong game!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mickess

Post by mickess »

My season ticket costs me £1014.00 per season ie £39.00 per match. If all categories were scrapped and Arsenal charged £40.00 per match they would not have such a difference between home/away fans. Not ideal I know but at least its a start.
As I go to both Home and Away matches I can see the argument about travel costs but that isn't the deciding factor as to whether I go to a particular match or not.
At £26.00 per ticket I can see a greater 'black market' in away tickets. I know many, including away scheme members, who consistantly sell on their away tickets at a premium. I can only see this habit increasing and would propose that the only way away 'credits' are issued should be via attendance at the match only. The present occasional arrangement of voucher issue is one answer but another is by use of the bar code on the ticket itself to claim the credit.