AWAY TICKET PRICES CAPPED

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

AWAY TICKET PRICES CAPPED

Post by Eboue-Why? »

£30 for the next 3 seasons :barscarf:

Tommy_Goon

Re: AWAY TICKET PRICES CAPPED

Post by Tommy_Goon »

mostly good news (especially for those of us who go away) except for the ridiculous fact that for our category A home games, home fans next to the away fans will be paying over double the price!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Tommy_Goon wrote:mostly good news (especially for those of us who go away) except for the ridiculous fact that for our category A home games, home fans next to the away fans will be paying over double the price!
this is why I already boycott category A games
if a few more did then the prices would come down

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

actually Arsenal supporters will pay LESS than all other clubs under this new deal.
the club are capping tickets for away supporters at only £26 :barscarf: :barscarf:

good to see the club taking the lead for a change - this is what USED to happen before we got greedy.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Gunner Rob wrote:actually Arsenal supporters will pay LESS than all other clubs under this new deal.
the club are capping tickets for away supporters at only £26 :barscarf: :barscarf:

good to see the club taking the lead for a change - this is what USED to happen before we got greedy.
Are you sure that's capping tickets for us going away at £26 or is it capping prices for visiting fans at the Emirates at £26?

Both would be great but being selfish - I only do aways so £26 would be fantastic.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

with the new Sky deal. They should be letting us in for a tenner

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

GTG wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:actually Arsenal supporters will pay LESS than all other clubs under this new deal.

Are you sure that's capping tickets for us going away at £26 or is it capping prices for visiting fans at the Emirates at £26?

Both would be great but being selfish - I only do aways so £26 would be fantastic.
It's £26 for Arsenal supporters at away matches, they're continuing the £4 discount from this season to the £30 max

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... e-for-fans

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Another reason why I will only attend away matches from now on.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Rosie_titters wrote:with the new Sky deal. They should be letting us in for a tenner
With Arsene still there they should be paying us a tenner to come :evil:

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

It's good to see common sense prevail :barscarf:

GTG

Post by GTG »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
GTG wrote:

It's £26 for Arsenal supporters at away matches, they're continuing the £4 discount from this season to the £30 max

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... e-for-fans
Cheers mate that's excellent.

The thing we can all hope for from this is that it makes "home only" fans stand up because they're going to feel a bit miffed that the away fans next to them are paying a lot less than them. Hopefully that finally leads to protests and the overall costs come down for everyone.

Rightly or wrongly I'm lucky enough to get away tickets through my supporters club and one thing is for sure they're gonna be like rocking horse shit now.

perrygrovesworld

Post by perrygrovesworld »

I think that's great but does that mean Chelsea and other Category A away fans getting into The Emirates for £26 when we pay £62.50 for exactly the same seat at the opposite end of the stadium or is it that category A clubs subsidise the difference between the £62.50 charge and the £26 cap?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

perrygrovesworld wrote:I think that's great but does that mean Chelsea and other Category A away fans getting into The Emirates for £26 when we pay £62.50 for exactly the same seat at the opposite end of the stadium or is it that category A clubs subsidise the difference between the £62.50 charge and the £26 cap?
Yes, that would be shit for the season ticket holders who don't go away.

Can someone tell me if we used that ozil tune first or did West ham?

:rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Are they going to tax stupid cúnts in their 20s that go to away games wearing flat caps? :rubchin:

Let me know when that's announced. 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

perrygrovesworld wrote:I think that's great but does that mean Chelsea and other Category A away fans getting into The Emirates for £26 when we pay £62.50 for exactly the same seat at the opposite end of the stadium or is it that category A clubs subsidise the difference between the £62.50 charge and the £26 cap?
yes thats right - when Barcelona and Chelsea come and beat us again next year they will only pay £26 whilst Arsenal suppporters will pay £62.50 for the privilege to watch our annual beating.

Arsenal supporters have made it perfectly clear that they are happy to pay these prices.
From a personal point of view I make a point of boycotting all category A games.