Barca bumholing Wednesday 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Grant jones

Re: Barca bumholing Wednesday 1945

Post by Grant jones »

At least we're out there for St Paddys day so it won't all be shit!!!

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I'm approaching my tenth anniversary of my last game watching us.
It was the final v the Barcawhores.
I feel totally vindicated not to have spent another dinar following WENGERCUNT
and his apologies for a squad, squads.

No regrets.

WENGER OUT

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I can see Barca taking a 2 goal lead early, and taking Messi, and co. off early in the 2nd half, and we will come back and grab a draw on the night, with Wenger referencing proving the doubters wrong, mental strength etc. :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
augie wrote:
barca will play at half pace confident that they will progress and have bigger more important games to conserve their energy for :oops:
You could well be right about this.
Don't think so...The reason barca play the way they do is because it IS exciting - They enjoy destroying teams...and for sure we will be destroyed, humiliated, beaten. Even if a miracle should occur and we keep it to a 1 - nil or battle to a draw....with wenger claiming all sorts..and wankerwalcott doing his usual in the media "Teams will have seen that and be scared etc" or whatever other horseshyte the numbskull comes out with, but it will not hide the Truth that Wenger is a Past It in the eyes of the world and IS a Goner....it is just a matter of time - there have already been too many of these awful, heart breaking, wholly embarrassing times - But this latest embarrassment is way to much for him to last past 2019...yeah I know...3 more years of this Torture.
E.I E - Wenger Out NOW!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Top Londoner wrote:I'm approaching my tenth anniversary of my last game watching us.

No regrets.

WENGER OUT
:cry:

Thing is TL is should never ever need to be that way...That yourself and thousands of other (Life-Long) Gooners should have to not do what is in their hearts and blood...follow and support their team...It is Wenger that has done this, but also the board (inc: ex-board members) that have allowed this to happen.

Kreonke, Bracewell-Smith,Friar, Keswick,Peckham, Hill-Wood,Fiszman and CEO Gazidis are All Culpable, ALL Guilty. :evil:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Top Londoner wrote:I'm approaching my tenth anniversary of my last game watching us.
No regrets.
WENGER OUT
Really , you gave up in 2006 ?
And you call yourself an Arsenal supporter ?
I realise that things got bad in 2008 and haven't improved much but seriously 2006 ?
Weren't much of a supporter anyway were you huh ?
What's worse is that you haven't found anything better to do except moan since ?
Sad !

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Herd wrote:
No regrets.
WENGER OUT
I realise that things got bad in 2008 and haven't improved much but seriously 2006 ?
What's worse is that you haven't found anything better to do except moan since ?
Sad !
I can understand your reasons Top Londoner I want Wenger out as much as you but no matter how crap we have been and lets be honest for years before Wenger we were bloody awful eg Lee Chapman up front for us I just cannot stop supporting them once the Arsenal are in your blood that's it they will be there until I am six foot under.Even when I am in my box my boys and nephews will follow the tradition of supporting The Arsenal.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

hertsgunner wrote:
Herd wrote:
No regrets.
WENGER OUT
Sad !
I can understand your reasons Top Londoner I want Wenger out as much as you but no matter how crap we have been and lets be honest for years before Wenger we were bloody awful eg Lee Chapman up front for us
wrighty and bergkamp mate, or have you obliterated all memory of the howe, graham and rioch years :lol:

btw chapman hardly ever played for us during the 82-83 season, sunderland partnered woodcock for most of the season, with woodcock scoring over 20 league goals. people have this idea about that era but a lot of it has been revisionism, the h bums also hardly played past september 81 and were quickly offloaded, even neil thought they were shit :shock:

sorry, just going over some old history :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Honestly don't see them giving us a hiding. They don't need to. They can stay comfortably in 2nd gear (knowing they can up it a gear if need be) and not risk picking up silly injuries being inflicted by Coquelin or Gabriel going in 2 feet over the ball in some lame attempt to show "passion". :roll: :oops:

1-2 to The Whores. Or maybe 0-2 to the Whores. Who cares? :roll:

Meaningless game. :tumbleweed:
Disagree...probably the most important game of recent years because of all the differing repercussions off the field. A win secures wenger's place, a glorious defeat on goal difference, or an acceptably loss will keep the press off him till the end of season, a humiliating defeat would see the pressure from fans, press, and media reach magnitudes greater than the Jose at chavski.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
No regrets.
WENGER OUT
Sad !
Very sad :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I can already hear the opening strings of the Great Escape theme tune resounding in my head, you just know it's going to happen, AW has the Devil's own luck when he is under serious pressure :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I can already hear the opening strings of the Great Escape theme tune resounding in my head, you just know it's going to happen, AW has the Devil's own luck when he is under serious pressure :roll:
No chance. Barca won the first leg 2 nil going on 6 nil. Wednesday night is going to be the equivalent of trying to put five pounds of sugar in a 2 pound bag - complete ass splitting defeat.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:I can already hear the opening strings of the Great Escape theme tune resounding in my head, you just know it's going to happen, AW has the Devil's own luck when he is under serious pressure :roll:
No chance. Barca won the first leg 2 nil going on 6 nil. Wednesday night is going to be the equivalent of trying to put five pounds of sugar in a 2 pound bag - complete ass splitting defeat.
I just can't get that damn tune out my head every time i hear the words 'Arsene Wenger'......... :banghead:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I don't ever want us to lose but I'll have to chuckle as goal number four, five or six flies past Ospina, otherwise I'll cry.

Welbeck's open goal miss made me laugh out loud the other day. That's never happened to me before but I think I've finally accepted just how awful we've become - and I think the playing staff have too now.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Wouldnt it be seriously surreally hilarious if this bunch of no-hopers pulled off the greatest and most unlikeliest turnaround in CL history and won the game and went through :barscarf: (Before making a swift exit in the quarters).
As its about the only way AW can salvage any dignity from this season I'd put the odds of that haooening at only 50/1 rather than the more likely 100/1. He always comes up with something when the pressure is at boiling point.

Back in the real world we're probably going to lose by between one and seven goals. How many it is depends largely on how many Barcelona want to score.