West Ham v Arsenal Sat 12.45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

West Ham v Arsenal Sat 12.45

Post by Chippy »

So Wet Spam could only manage a draw at home to Palace. And Kouyate sent off. Does that mean we are in with a shout?

Robin_L

Re: West Ham v Arsenal Sat 12.45

Post by Robin_L »

Liverpool vs Tottenham and this one should determine who gets 2nd.

Knew we'd beat Watford and will most likely add another 12 points to that from the home games. Hopefully we can win our last match at the Boleyn, another great ground disappearing to be replaced by some shitty bowl with a fanzone.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They aren't shite and have a tactically astute manager...we are shite and have le bumhole....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

will be my last ever (well obviously) visit to upton park, hope we give them a fucking smashing. would be annoying to lose our ten year unbeaten streak at their ground this season.

think we'll draw, hopefully someone sneaks something in payet's lasagne, he's getting better and better this season :o

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Robin_L wrote:Liverpool vs Tottenham and this one should determine who gets 2nd.

Knew we'd beat Watford and will most likely add another 12 points to that from the home games. Hopefully we can win our last match at the Boleyn, another great ground disappearing to be replaced by some shitty bowl with a fanzone.
We have to go to city yet, where we all are after that match is important. Wham have played well this season, one nil will do for me.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chippy wrote:So Wet Spam could only manage a draw at home to Palace. And Kouyate sent off. Does that mean we are in with a shout?
We are always going to be in with a shout against a team like West Ham....

Not perceived as the easiest place to go but we have 7 wins and a draw in our last 8 games there. Think we will win - unless Leicester and Spurs both lose this weekend in which case nerves might get the better of us.

Sean

Post by Sean »

This will be a big game. They have had a good season and Bilic has done well.

Will we crumble again, or stay in flat track bully mode? :?
falkirk goon wrote:They aren't shite and have a tactically astute manager...we are shite and have le bumhole....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf: :barscarf:
I concur 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We win here like we normally do. They will beat ManUre in their replay and have Wembley and a whole host of injuries and suspensions on their mind.

3-1 to us at a canter......its swatting season after all

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

If Leicester drop points tomorrow and we win this we are very much back in the title race

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If Payet is playing and they get any free kicks - They Will score.

These Orrible murdering scumcunts just might turn us over...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

trustno10 wrote:If Leicester drop points tomorrow and we win this we are very much back in the title race
Why waste your time and energy 'hoping' It is the hope (and Wenger) that Kills. :cry:

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

If we play at a good level of course we can win but they too could well beat us if they were to play at their best. I can imagine there will be very similar posts like all these listed here on a WHU forum.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a penalty, and a dodgy freekick that payet puts away. But hopefully they continue to defend like they did vs palace and that should give us enough chances to win. They got a cup tie the midweek so hopefully he'll focus on that, and not us.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Much depends on whether Wenger is strong enough to resist including the herd of Ramsey, Mertesacker, Walcott, Giroud in the first team. It is so obvious the best 11 at the moment is Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Elneny, Iwobi, Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck. The combination of power, pace, strengh and balance has set the tone for the good results against Everton and Watford.

Our change in form isnt a coincidence since Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott and Mertesacker exited the first 11. As when you look at the front 6 of

Elneny Coquelin
Iwobi Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck

all have a specific job and purpose, and they work well together. Elneny and Couqelin anchor the midfield, offer a physical presence in midfield, and hold their position in the middle without the sloppiness of misplaced passes. Iwobi and Sanchez attack from out wide, and offer defensive support to the the fullbacks. Ozil pulls the strings, whilst Welbeck plays of the shoulder and works hard when not in possession.

So, what would comprehend a manager to play Ramsey at the foot of the midfield, when you dont need an extra player getting forward? Example, take Elneny out, put Ramsey in - you lose balance and structure, simply to gain another attacking player who is not needed (tactical fuck up).

I just dont trust that Wenger has understood just why we all of a sudden started to play well. And I fear that front 6 will not remain. I can foresee Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Cazorla finding their way back in, not through form, but through Wengers tactical ignorance.

And even if Wenger does understand why we started to play well again, is he strong enough to bench the high earners Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott ect?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wilson wrote:Much depends on whether Wenger is strong enough to resist including the herd of Ramsey, Mertesacker, Walcott, Giroud in the first team. It is so obvious the best 11 at the moment is Cech, Bellerin, Kos, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Elneny, Iwobi, Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck. The combination of power, pace, strengh and balance has set the tone for the good results against Everton and Watford.

Our change in form isnt a coincidence since Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott and Mertesacker exited the first 11. As when you look at the front 6 of

Elneny Coquelin
Iwobi Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck

all have a specific job and purpose, and they work well together. Elneny and Couqelin anchor the midfield, offer a physical presence in midfield, and hold their position in the middle without the sloppiness of misplaced passes. Iwobi and Sanchez attack from out wide, and offer defensive support to the the fullbacks. Ozil pulls the strings, whilst Welbeck plays of the shoulder and works hard when not in possession.

So, what would comprehend a manager to play Ramsey at the foot of the midfield, when you dont need an extra player getting forward? Example, take Elneny out, put Ramsey in - you lose balance and structure, simply to gain another attacking player who is not needed (tactical fuck up).

I just dont trust that Wenger has understood just why we all of a sudden started to play well. And I fear that front 6 will not remain. I can foresee Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Cazorla finding their way back in, not through form, but through Wengers tactical ignorance.

And even if Wenger does understand why we started to play well again, is he strong enough to bench the high earners Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott ect?
If Ramsey's fit, he plays....absolutely simple as. In the past few seasons I can't recall any spell where TO1AW has left him out, regardless of how utterly gash he's been. The beginning of the end for the Ox was a couple of years ago when no matter how well he played, Ramsey would be shoe-horned into this boring formation by playing out wide on the right. I also fully expect the Lamppost to be given a shot back up front soon too despite the side looking far more mobile and inventive without him