WBA HOME GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
defleppardisking

Re: WBA HOME GAME

Post by defleppardisking »

Win this and we are back in the title race.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

2-0 Arsenal...

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

BFG4 wrote:
casgooner wrote::duh: Do we have to go through it all again on Thursday. :banghead: :banghead:
I wont be. I have no heed in watching this. Another pointless game, so we can end up in a competition next season that we have no hope of winning, oh the excitement.
Nor me. Sold my ticket for the last 5 games. Fed up with the same old shit like everyone else.
I think there will be many many empty seats for this one and on tele for all to see as well.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I thought id sold mine only for the person to renege , i cant be arsed to go ,might give them away to a hard up pal but even then Im not sure they will go .

Whilst I hope we win , I really I hope the ground is empty on Thursday

Only massive no show will send a message to those in charge !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:I thought id sold mine only for the person to renege , i cant be arsed to go ,might give them away to a hard up pal but even then Im not sure they will go .

I respect your view Herd, but as I stated yesterday I think an empty stadium plays into Wenger's hands as he knows the tickets have been bought anyway.
More effective is for him to get a huge amount of abuse from the stands, and is why I have decided to go on Thursday.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:I thought id sold mine only for the person to renege , i cant be arsed to go ,might give them away to a hard up pal but even then Im not sure they will go .

I respect your view Herd, but as I stated yesterday I think an empty stadium plays into Wenger's hands as he knows the tickets have been bought anyway.
More effective is for him to get a huge amount of abuse from the stands, and is why I have decided to go on Thursday.
Your opinion and thus your choice fella ,I dont have the Answers ,I wish I did !
For me abuse is very un-Arsenal but as I say I have no right to stop anyone from protesting !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Your opinion and thus your choice fella ,I dont have the Answers ,I wish I did !
For me abuse is very un-Arsenal but as I say I have no right to stop anyone from protesting !
I think abuse is very un-Arsenal because in the past the club had a touch of class about it, and would never have allowed things to get to the situation they are now at. It also used to have ambition, which appears to have been sucked out of it. That is also very un-Arsenal like

MrT

Post by MrT »

Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Never understood how abuse is ''un-Arsenal'' like we are some moral arbiters on everything classy and respectful in a football club. Have you seen what Spanish and Italian fans do after just a few bad results? They expect the best and won't put up with any wasters managing their clubs. The fact is he and he alone brought it on himself by not leaving with dignity years ago. Now he's left the fans no choice but to hound him out and about time too.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

wenger is lucky he is at safe, reserved Arsenal and not at somewhere vociferous like milan.

the san siro was half empty a couple of weeks ago and their ultras displayed a banner saying "RIP Milan" or words to that affect. Players cars get trashed, manager gets missiles thrown at him. imagine their equivalent of the akb's watching that :shock: :lol:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

What's all this about 40,000 attendances? If it were 40,000 you'd see large swathes of empty seats in the upper tier.

We got 46,000 against Shrewsbury Town, which I believe remains the lowest to date.

Attendance will be again slightly short because of apathy / boredom, I reckon about 55,000+ in there. Lower Tier full, Upper Tier a few gaps.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Protesting will always be a better form of doing it than "staying away", giving up your season ticket etc. which is pointless and most people aren't going to do (because it's a dumb idea).

What people need to accept is that the protest IS working anyway, slowly but surely, as I've said before there's never been so much open questioning and debate about Wenger in the wider media. We just don't realise it because it's been a gradual increase over the last two seasons.

5 years ago the wider media was pro-Wenger, now barely a week goes by without an opinion piece in a newspaper judging Wenger, fans of other clubs getting involved too. He knows the pressure is on him and unless he's a robot, he'll be feeling it like never before. I've thought all season that next year is Wenger's last one and he himself will choose not to take on a new deal even if the club are stupid enough to offer one.

augie

Post by augie »

MrT wrote:
Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Never understood how abuse is ''un-Arsenal'' like we are some moral arbiters on everything classy and respectful in a football club. Have you seen what Spanish and Italian fans do after just a few bad results? They expect the best and won't put up with any wasters managing their clubs. The fact is he and he alone brought it on himself by not leaving with dignity years ago. Now he's left the fans no choice but to hound him out and about time too.

It isn't even that - back in the 70s and 80s our fans had zero qualms about abusing our manager or our players and nobody felt back then that it was very un-Arsenal like. Not having a go at you herd but sometimes our fans are very snobbish and in my opinion we don't have the right to feel that way - back in the day fans protested when they felt that the players and/or the manager was not up to the required standard to represent our club, and I don't see that the current players and/or manager should be judged any differently. In an ideal world the people running our club would recognise what is going wrong and would have the ambition to change it - in the real world these people either don't see or don't care about what is going wrong and have no interest in changing things :twisted: Tell me then how else are we going to force change ?

The modern day AFC is all about the brand - expanding the reputation of the club, going on tours to usa and the far east and I would even say that signing players from asia is all about growing interest in the club and broadening the clubs economic possibilities. Staging big protests inside and outside the ground tarnishes the image of the club and weakens the brand and when the clubs marketability (is it even a real world ? :oops: ) is effected then that will, above all else, turn up pressure on wenker

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Mass walkout on 75 minutes will get the message home....that will be a start can then fully gauge support behind it....

Forget this season its fucked thanks to Miser Wenker

silus

Post by silus »

Arrggghhh..don't know what to do now!!! :banghead:
Had decided to give this a miss...have to be up at 4.30am on the Friday for work, so going to watch this shit and getting back after midnight wasn't in the slightest bit appealing.
Now I keep reading about walk outs and banners I feel like I SHOULD be there.
It's now or never for letting Wenger know how we feel in the home matches...whether it makes a difference only time will tell...but we've got to try...Haven't we?

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

A 75th minute walk out is gaining huge traction on social media. Ill be watching on the tv, and I really hope I see mass exit on 75 minute.

Wenger shouldnt allowed to run the club like he has. All this rubbish about him being a self-sacrificing hero is false.

If he wants to see, he needs to know he DOES NOT have the fans support.